What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Enjoying a glass of wine and a curry 😊 been looking after my 6 month old twin grandsons, and 3 yr old grand daughter today, while my Son and his wife enjoy a day oit. It’s been a busy 9 hours, but have loved all the cuddles and baby smiles 🤗

• Like 6

Having a cuppa in the car for some peace n quiet.

I hate shopping. I really hate cloths shopping with my teenage daughter. 

Argh...and the shop chick who just had to say "your doing so well mum" while I was counting to ten and contemplating the merits of punching said daughter in the face.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping a close eye on the weather reports.  Hurricane Ian is bad action.

Just saw some video showing Fort Myers, Florida getting hammered.  Damn shame...Fort Myers is one of the most underrated cities in America.

Godspeed to all in the path of this storm.

• Sad 3

Was a bad one for sure ☹️ 

Incredibly high winds, huge volume of rain and a very significant storm surge would not be a good thing for Sanibel Island which is right on the ocean where the storm came ashore and the island doesn't appear to be much higher than normal sea level. I hope everyone there evacuated. Cape Coral & Fort Myers very close to Sanibel too 😧

Prayers for all affected 🙏

Power was out for the entire island of Cuba 3.000.000 people affected I believe. Cuba is a huge tourist destination for Canadians every winter and that season is about to start in another month or two. I would expect there will be many resorts heavily damaged after this storm so that will have a big impact going forward as well.

• Sad 3

i'm a little late for this storm but go subscribe to Ryan Hall Y'all on youtube.  some of the best adverse weather coverage out there.  He's a thousand times better than any of the national news coverage and he donates the profits from his merch sales to victims of storms like this with food, water, supplies and even cash.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I returned last week from 6 weeks in Dallas to assist my daughter with the 3 toddlers, while she dealt with the new baby’s long stay in CICU, after his open heart surgery. Gabriel came out of it as well as could be expected. He will require another surgery in several months. But, for now, he is home! Erica has to supplement bottle feeds (she pumps her breast milk) with NG tube feeds. He also requires meds through the tube, and several shots of a blood thinner daily. Thankfully, Erica is a trained Paramedic, making it a bit easier. Dad Steven helps when he gets home from work. What a handsome little guy he is!😊❤️

Kat

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 5

Thanks @jillar and @DenaliBlues for the encouragement. Gabriel is a miracle baby. We expect him to have a normal life after he gets through one more surgery. We feel truly blessed to have had him operated on by one of the best pediatric heart surgeons in the world. God is looking out for our little guy.

04D514CA-DAB3-43F1-ADC4-EA826D32B1E2.thumb.png.b78234c7a515a0dcd2dfeecd7294c0f5.png

He is 8 weeks old and weighs 8 lbs 7 oz., so doing great. He started out at 5 lbs 11 oz. 😊♥️

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 6