What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, overcome said:

Guessing you belong to a Cavern exploring Club?  ........ we have some big Caverns here in Arizona and huge mines that were dug long ago looking for gold. 

Here is one cavern kind of close to where we live - https://azstateparks.com/kartchner

What are Mersey Beats?

I got it @Doreensfree...have a great time.

https://www.themerseybeats.co.uk/

• Like 2

Doing a non-paid advertisement for Buc-ee's.

The Labor Day weekend was a wash-out with all the rain around here.  However, all was not lost.  Loaded up the Boo Crew on Saturday for a road trip down to Georgia to visit family.  We stopped at a Buc-ee's location in Calhoun, Georgia.

If you're not familiar, Buc-ee's is a gas station and convenience store...but it's so much more.  They have legitimately good food and lots of it.  I had pulled pork and banana pudding for dessert.  Sugar Britches had a breakfast taco that was the size of her head and some really tasty fudge for dessert.  Maddie had chicken nuggets and a fruit cup.  And if you need a little something for the road, Buc-ee's has an entire wall filled with every type of beef jerky imaginable.  We also bought a couple of bags of Beaver Nuggets.

Sugar Britches laughed at me and said: "You're gonna end up buying a T-shirt."  She was right.  I also picked up a light sweatshirt for Fall.  Then she found a shirt with Bucky Beaver on it with the saying: "This Critter Don't Litter" and all of a sudden had a change of heart about Buc-ee's apparel.  Maddie and Jackson each got a plush Bucky.  Maddie picked out a tie dye shirt and Jackson got a onesie.

And to top off the day, we got a family photo with Bucky...that is an heirloom that will be handed down through the generations.

image.thumb.png.51cf827e201672464ac4fcae57dd164e.png

• Like 4

❤️ Buc-ees!! I know so many people that plan a stop at Buc-ees while on vacation or a weekend road trip! LOL

7 hours ago, Boo said:

If you're not familiar, Buc-ee's is a gas station and convenience store...but it's so much more. 

Also, it’s a beautiful stretch of road for me beginning around Adairsville on to Ringgold and up into Tennessee. 

• Like 3

On 9/4/2022 at 11:53 PM, overcome said:

Sunburn on your nose? ........ footy? 

Sorry @notsmokinjo I just not familiar but am curious.

Sunburnt nose... I did not protect the skin I inherited from the sun and while this is not me it is pretty much how my face looked...now it's just blisters and peeling..

image.png.70bb09a0ca9ba50cac55fa885015aa96.png

• Sad 4

H7nting

FOOTY is what we çall football, and by football we mean Aussie Rules (Australian Rules) although @Cbdave might mean rugby league when he says footy, which is silly really because they hardly ever kick the ball. 

Aussie Rules is the greatest sport you've never heard of. It's older than American Footy ball, baseball, basketball. It was invented in my home town of Melbourne and is a hybrid of manrook (an aboriginal game), Gaelic football  and rugby. The Melbourne Football Club is the oldest sport club in any sport in the world. 

Here is a YouTube video the AFL Australian Football League made to promote and explain the game to the USA.

So on Saturday I had a few mates (blokes and chicks) playing in Grand Finals (premiership cup games).

Check this out..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reckon the Cavern Club is like a pub or similar that has live acts.... then I'm guessing the Mersey Beats is a cover band that plays music with Liberpool late 50s early 60s sound like The Beatles or Gerry and The Pacemakers or The Liverbirds, The Hollies, The Quarrymen and even early days of The Kinks. It's just that Mersey Sound.

So right now I'm wondering @Doreensfree...am I right...and was it good fun?

• Thanks 1

The Cavern is where all the bands from Liverpool began ...The Merseybeats were as famous here as all the group's you mentioned...and of course Cilla black ...

It is a Club ...down..down in a Cellar ...The Mersey Sound lives on here ...All age groups come and have the time of thier lives ...

We took a friend who was visiting from Melbourne...a few years back ...and so wishes to visit again ..

If anyone is passing ...let me know 😁👍🐸

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Wow !!!...

A great shopping experience...bet the manager was made up when the Boo gang arrived lol...😁👍

Did I mention that Buc-ee's has a sausage section?  A wide variety of sausages for every occasion.

I'm tellin' ya Doreen, you would love Buc-ee's.

9 hours ago, Gus said:

❤️ Buc-ees!! I know so many people that plan a stop at Buc-ees while on vacation or a weekend road trip! LOL 

I'm currently looking for an excuse to head up to Cumberland County and visit the Buc-ee's in Crossville.  They are currently planning on opening Buc-ee's second Tennessee location in Sevierville.

Road trip!

• Like 3

Did I mention that Buc-ee's has a sausage section?  A wide variety of sausages for every occasion.

I'm tellin' ya Doreen, you would love Buc-ee's.

Wow .....My kinda place ...We should have a Buc-ees.....

Sunday night ...I had Fish and Chips walking along the Pier Head ....Magic .👍🐸

• Like 2

Adding items to the bucket list... visit the Cavern Club.

I'd add Buc-ees but tipping there ain't no Vegan section.

Oh now I'm lamenting my involuntary veganism.

Posting in the wrong thread... it's clearly a bad adhd day and the random thoughts are flying.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Adding items to the bucket list... visit the Cavern Club.

I'd add Buc-ees but tipping there ain't no Vegan section.

Oh now I'm lamenting my involuntary veganism.

Posting in the wrong thread... it's clearly a bad adhd day and the random thoughts are flying.

G’day 

I eat a lot of no meat foods. My gut cant tolerate too much meat and animal fats. Tried the vegan thing but discovered we are really supposed to be omnivores and eat everything to keep healthy. 
Definitly don’t do the artificial things trying to be something else like tutu burgers and soy steaks. Vegan bacon….. really!

A slice of bacon can be a full meal for me. Cut up fried off to bring out the flavour. Make some buckwheat pancakes and serve with taziki and a salad.

Can’t get better than that.

Chris

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Boo said:

Doing a non-paid advertisement for Buc-ee's.

The Labor Day weekend was a wash-out with all the rain around here.  However, all was not lost.  Loaded up the Boo Crew on Saturday for a road trip down to Georgia to visit family.  We stopped at a Buc-ee's location in Calhoun, Georgia.

If you're not familiar, Buc-ee's is a gas station and convenience store...but it's so much more.  They have legitimately good food and lots of it.  I had pulled pork and banana pudding for dessert.  Sugar Britches had a breakfast taco that was the size of her head and some really tasty fudge for dessert.  Maddie had chicken nuggets and a fruit cup.  And if you need a little something for the road, Buc-ee's has an entire wall filled with every type of beef jerky imaginable.  We also bought a couple of bags of Beaver Nuggets.

Sugar Britches laughed at me and said: "You're gonna end up buying a T-shirt."  She was right.  I also picked up a light sweatshirt for Fall.  Then she found a shirt with Bucky Beaver on it with the saying: "This Critter Don't Litter" and all of a sudden had a change of heart about Buc-ee's apparel.  Maddie and Jackson each got a plush Bucky.  Maddie picked out a tie dye shirt and Jackson got a onesie.

And to top off the day, we got a family photo with Bucky...that is an heirloom that will be handed down through the generations.

image.thumb.png.51cf827e201672464ac4fcae57dd164e.png

Texas was the only place I've ever seen a Buc-ees.  I guess they are expanding.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, intoxicated yoda said:

Texas was the only place I've ever seen a Buc-ees.  I guess they are expanding.  

Buc-ee's is Texas based and most locations are in the Lone Star State.  However, now they have stores in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Kentucky, and the great state of Tennessee.

They are expanding across the South now.  Can world domination be far behind?

• Like 1

Right now I'm baking cupcakes for R U OK morning tea at work today.

Fakon...fake bacon is gross 😝... I do eat tofu but would so love a slice of bacon...last slice of bacon I had saw me in hossy on an iv for 2 days. Oh well I have shellfish and some white fish to get me through.

• Sad 3