What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Getting all of my ducks in a row to start my next project.  I'm building a small greenhouse on Boo Acres.

I already have more than enough cedar to frame up the house.  Yesterday, I picked up a truckload of old windows from a friend of mine that flips houses.  All the windows cost me was a case of Yuengling beer...a good deal.  

We're starting small and learning on the fly, but becoming increasingly food independent is more important now than ever.

image.png.2b8ebb5b417459ab2dd2412aee1bf1f5.png

• Like 10

Guess wot... for something new I'm baking bickies....lol. special request from one of the blokes at work for his daughter.... here's a pro tip though....when stiring boiling butter to see if it's burnt enough DO NOT splash yaself cos it burns like buggery.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Boo said:

Getting all of my ducks in a row to start my next project.  I'm building a small greenhouse on Boo Acres.

I already have more than enough cedar to frame up the house.  Yesterday, I picked up a truckload of old windows from a friend of mine that flips houses.  All the windows cost me was a case of Yuengling beer...a good deal.  

We're starting small and learning on the fly, but becoming increasingly food independent is more important now than ever.

image.png.2b8ebb5b417459ab2dd2412aee1bf1f5.png

Sometimes it's a case of Who you know ...not What you Know ...

Sounds like you had a great deal there ....

It Must be all those Farmers Walks you have been doing in the past ..👍😁🐸

farmer-walking-animation.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heading east to a polling booth to hand out how to vote cards.

In Australia, we have our elections on Saturday because we use the school halls as polling booths and it's compulsory to vote (fines if you don't vote) so Saturday works best. Bonus, the school can have a sausage sizzle and cake stall to raise money. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for alternative nicknames for a toilet.  I've referred to the toilet as "the throne" for a long time now.

Now with the big jubilee going on across the pond, I keep hearing news readers talking about the Queen having been on the throne for seventy years.  I laugh every time...yes, I'm that immature.

Anyway...Good luck her majesty, hope everything comes out well.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Been to see the new Top Gun today....brilliant ...better than the first ....

I want to see that movie, but I want to see it in the theatre.  I appreciate any movie where they do the action scenes in as realistic a manner as possible; not all that CGI smoke and mirrors.

Both sets of grandparents have been pushing the idea that me and Sugar Britches need to take a date night.  A not-so-subtle way of saying we should just hit the road for the evening so they can dedicate all of their attention to spoiling the grandkids.  Maybe we can catch an early showing on Saturday.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Boo said:

I want to see that movie, but I want to see it in the theatre.  I appreciate any movie where they do the action scenes in as realistic a manner as possible; not all that CGI smoke and mirrors.

Both sets of grandparents have been pushing the idea that me and Sugar Britches need to take a date night.  A not-so-subtle way of saying we should just hit the road for the evening so they can dedicate all of their attention to spoiling the grandkids.  Maybe we can catch an early showing on Saturday.

You won't be disappointed Boo....the effects are brilliant ...I actually sat on the end of my seat in places ...

Deffo needs to be seen on the big screen ..

I want to see the Elvis film too....😁🐸

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 4:13 AM, Boo said:

Looking for alternative nicknames for a toilet.  I've referred to the toilet as "the throne" for a long time now.

Oright I got ya covered...

I tend to call it the dunny like most of me compatriots but I've also heard it referred to as the loo, the bogs, the thunderbox, the pollies swimming pool (pollies are politicians)...any of those tickle ya fancy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Thunder box is usually reserved for an outside dunny, often in a tin shed.

There is also the shitter, the pisser, the crapper, the Pot, the lav, the office and then if you wanna go all fancy pants and lardy-dah like you have... 

The powder room, the lavatory, the facilities or the amenities.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

There is also the shitter, the pisser, the crapper, the Pot, the lav, the office and then if you wanna go all fancy pants and lardy-dah like you have... 

I'm troubled by the fact that my crapper has taken up smoking...

image.png.3507cf8757f543921ea9fd06a3bb9cfd.png

• Haha 5