What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

14 hours ago, Linda said:

Sitting here feeling sad!! My dog Lily is not doing well!

I just spent 1200 dollars at the vet last Thursday.

She is my baby!!😥😥

Oh Linda, I,m feeling sad with you, it’s horrible when our fur babies are unwell. I hope Lily will be ok, thinking of you and sending healing vibes x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Linda said:

Sitting out on my deck!! Beautiful day in Michigan

Later I have a birthday party to go to.  Depends on

how my puppy is doing.

Sorry your dog is I’ll. Hope everything works out for the best. Just don’t light up!

Kat

Sending healing gibes across the sea to Linda and her fur baby. 

Also trying to convince my little sisters to come play in a masters softball tournament with me...probably will be my last hurrah in the sport because my body is too decrepit.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Watching my puppy drinking water finally almost 2 weeks with none.

All I could get her to drink was chicken  broth.We are not over the hump, but

she is doing a little better. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am having another one of those sloth days.  Need to decide what to do about dinner.  I don't have the energy, like Jo, to cook at 3 AM.  Maybe I could just show up at the house and beg for dinner. Naw, I can't drive that far LOL. I think it will have to be chili dogs or beanie weenies.  Mind you I don't eat crap every day. I think I have been influenced by all the Naked and Afraid comments. Just find something to eat since I have stayed in the pj's all day. (my version of naked)

• Like 1

You have done better than me. I just made some rotel cheese dip and had that with a few fritos.  I did have a proper dinner yesterday, ribeye steak, roasted aspar agus and black eyed peas.  Still in that tired don't give a darn mood  but I am much better since we talked.  I am counting the minutes until I think I can go to bed and sleep.  How is Lily?  Is she feeling better? I did manage to get enough strength to bath one dog and give him a trim.  He is still mad.  He will be more angry when I take him to the groomer and get everything shaved off for the summer.  Have a great evening!!

• Like 1

Watching "You've got mail" Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in the good old days.  Good romantic comedy, Wish movies were made like this today.  Fun for the family no foul language. No violence, no nude or so called inferred things,  They make some and I have my head in the sand.

Watched some Lonesome Dove earlier today and the pulled out my copy of  John Waynes' the "Quiet Man".  Trying to keep engaged to help deal with the demon cravings.  Please let me know of other movies you love, I need to expand and add new favorites to my dependable list.  Hope every one is doing well with their quit.

• Like 3

I’m into gentle stories these days, too, Kris. Some Pixar movies, but mostly tv series I can stream/binge with familiar characters and positive themes. Star Trek Next Generation (love Roddenberry’s faith in humanity formula). Great British Baking Show. Somebody Feed Phil. All Creatures Great and Small. Ted Lasso. Downton Abbey. M*A*S*H. Grace and Frankie. The other thing I do is listen to audio books while falling asleep, doing projects with my hands or snuggling with the cats. My favorite soothing audiobook series of all time is the Brother Cadfael mystery series narrated by Patrick Tull. (Start with “One Corpse Too Many.”) Favorite and dependable, for sure!

• Like 1

Oh I omly bake at 3am because of insomnia.

Got a request for fairy bread bickies from the guy at works 3yo...so cute...will whip some up before work Monday.

Will be a big baking day tomorrow for the mothers day hampers for my mum and my ex nanna, She is the kids Great Nanna so I still get her stuff.

• Like 3

Contemplating the fact that I was guilty of two of the seven deadly sins tonight, and that was just at suppertime.  I grilled Korean Barbecue for the first time tonight.  Took a brisket, sliced it paper thin, and made Bulgogi.  So long as I'm bragging about my culinary skills, I also made the marinade and Ssamjang sauce myself.

I take pride in how well my barbecue turned out and gluttony was bound to ensue.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So happy mothers day to me, and all the other mums...

I'm about to make some thick gravy (um I think you yanky doodles might call wot we call gravy something else cos your gravy is very pale and lumpy) to mix with the rump I slow cooked yesterday (brisket?).. to make little pies/pastizzi. I've got the roast chook and bacon breadbaskets in the oven... the vegan spag bol mix is cooled and ready to go into the vegan pastizzi...ice coffee bickie (cookies) dough is in the oven just chillin and I'm about to start the medejaci (Serbian honey biscuits).

But right now, this second, I'm having a cuppa.

• Like 2

Perusing an online article with 77 recipes you can put together using strawberries.  The Tennessee Strawberry Festival is underway here in my neck of the woods.  We've got a parade.  We've got live music.  We've got a classic car show.  We've got a "distinguished young woman" pageant.  We've got vendors selling arts and crafts.  And of course, we've got strawberries for days.

If you're in the neighborhood, swing by and say hey.

image.png.81d5434879ac1b5267449347f8b311c1.png

• Like 4