What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

I am guessing you are using loose tiles, not the ones that come in sheets with the mesh backer? I would google and see if you can find a way to make it work. You might be able find a pattern that might work. If not, I would take back the tile and choose something else.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kris said:

I am guessing you are using loose tiles,

I was using the sheet tile and the pattern was arabesque.  They were so unevenly spaced on the sheet, we gave up and chose a different pattern.  We are trying again today.  We have made a template of the wall and have laid the pieces together.  Now comes the cutting.  Cross your fingers.  We have been married for 45 years and hope this together project does not put us over the edge😄.

• Like 5

Getting ready to watch Survivor and then Domino Masters. If you haven't seen Domino Masters on Fox, you're missing some cool domino runs. These teams create awesome topples that are fun to watch 😊

• Like 3

Cleaning up from our big kitchen project of tiling.  I said I would post a finished picture.  Boy was this a job.  We had painted the kitchen cabinets and got new countertops.  It was hard enough picking a tile because the counter tops seemed so busy in color.  We have been here 32 years and definitely needed a redo.  

02 shirt.jpg

%27Life+Is+like+a+Camera%27+Textual+Art.jpg

01 shirt.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@Mee, your new backsplash looks wonderful, very spiffy! DIY-ing projects can save money and be gratifying... except when they become expensive and super aggravating. My partner and I are currently debating whether to hire someone to bury our gutter/sump pump drainage pipe (her vote), or whether I'm going to spend a weekend in the back yard wielding gravel and a shovel (my vote). Secretly, I hope she wins the argument. Anyway, congrats on powering through your troubles and getting a beautiful end result. Hopefully you'll feel a glow of pride every time you use your kitchen. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kris said:

@Mee, when my husband and I married he had his own business.

After doing tile, I admire anyone that does it.  I am one that likes to get in there and make it look new fast.  We were torn up for over a week.  I am thankful my husband will try anything (he is too cheap to pay anyone).  

• Like 5

On 4/7/2022 at 3:06 AM, notsmokinjo said:

Waiting for the big announcement....oh...um...waiting for the 2 big announcements...

1. The birth of Baby Boo 2

2. The Aussie election

Both are going to be any day now....I dunno if my nails will survive it.

Can't offer up any information on the elections down under.

As for the other big announcement...Mister Jackson has not made his big debut yet.  We are in the the 39th week.  The boy is at full-term.  If Jackson does not make his grand entrance by this time next week, the good doctor has said she will consider inducing labor.

So, to answer the question "what are you doing right now?"  Pacing....lots of pacing.

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

• Like 9

@Boo Jackson will be right on time when he arrives.  I missed that with my kids as both of them were scheduled C sections due to the then Mrs. yoda being unable to survive labor.  I'm nervous and excited for you.  Sending some positive vibes out to you and Mrs. Boo, or Sugar Britches I believe is what you refer to her as.  I was blathering something over on my thread about living a rad life but I believe you are doing the radest thing ever.  Best wishes Papa Boo.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Boo said:

Can't offer up any information on the elections down under.

As for the other big announcement...Mister Jackson has not made his big debut yet.  We are in the the 39th week.  The boy is at full-term.  If Jackson does not make his grand entrance by this time next week, the good doctor has said she will consider inducing labor.

So, to answer the question "what are you doing right now?"  Pacing....lots of pacing.

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

The Quit Train is pacing too.......❤

train-wheels.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/9/2022 at 9:28 PM, intoxicated yoda said:

Sending some positive vibes out to you and Mrs. Boo, or Sugar Britches 

Thanks.  Oddly enough, Sugar Britches is calmer than I am right now.  And she's the one doing all the heavy lifting.

Shout out to my mom and dad and for that matter, all parents everywhere.  Pregnancy and childbirth is the most intensely emotional thing I've ever experienced.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 6

Yep !l....

Going through all those  emotions without your little fix ...and not even a thought of them ..

That something to be happy and proud of Boo....your little Prince and Princess will never have to 

Smell or watch Daddy chuck up gung ....

High Five to that .❤️🐸

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1