What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, justanotherme said:

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say I'm still going smoke free and all. Have to look for a new apartment today - it's stressful, of course, so I'm making sure I have enough caffeine in my system for the day :)

Good to see you ....and your fabulous Quit ..good luck in the Apartment search 🐸

I just spent $700.00 on another vintage Seiko wrist watch. It’s 50 years old and my 4th of a particular sought after model by collectors. They are so cool that I decided I want to leave one to each child, which is why I got this 4 th one. After I get them, I send them to Wales, to a guy named Simon, who specializes in servicing vintage Seikos. By the time all is said and done, each will cost over a thousand bucks. This one cost me more, because of its rare silver dial, so will be over a grand.The others are yellow and two dark blue. I have to slow down my spending, but I really love this hobby, and it keeps me sane during all this Covid madness. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, justanotherme said:

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say I'm still going smoke free and all. Have to look for a new apartment today - it's stressful, of course, so I'm making sure I have enough caffeine in my system for the day :)

Good luck! 🤗

• Like 1

Just came to check on the board for a dose of strength.  When the computer came on my screen saver was a three toed sloth.  That is what I feel like today. Supposed to be doing a cook day but can't seem to make it off the couch. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

• Like 4

Just got back from a short cruise to a Caribbean island and Cozumel, Mexico. A little stressful with all the Covid protocols, but we had a great time! Hard to believe I was swimming in that warm, blue water and now at home dealing w 15 inches of snow!! :)

• Like 5

Here where it should be snowing, its mid-50's and beautiful. While I appreciate the warmth, it makes me really sad since we need water and I would like to ski. 

Hope everyone on the QT has a great and smoke-free day!

• Like 4

Checking the weather in Florida.

The Sunshine State issued its first falling iguanas warning yesterday.  I'm 400 miles north of the Florida line so these warnings are little more than a fascinating oddity to me.  However, if you are in Florida...heads up!  

image.png.a759a897b7537b535dbe95eef10bcd5b.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to a Saturday at home with absolutely nothing to do.  The weather is going to be cold and windy with a chance of snow.  Apart from feeding the donkeys, there's no real need to go outside tomorrow.

My dog Cash is ahead of the curve on dealing with days like this.  Has a bed right in front of the fireplace, lays there all day.  He only gets up to eat and do his backyard business.  That dog is a daily reminder that the simplest pleasures are the best.

• Like 5

Watching Netflix Bird Box, wishing I could sleep as usual.  Thinking about what I might need for the few days, we have an ice storm coming.  The only thing might be T-Kill-Ya, I have margarita mixer. It might keep me warm if the power goes out. LOL.

• Like 2

Just got back from picking up the liquid heat. I will admit I did a small run into Target for other things I need to get thru the storm, cheese, chocolate, croissants.  These have been known in my clinical trials to calm the nerves. LOL

• Like 2