What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

My favorite was Aunt Bea coming to take care of Opie. She could not do anything to make that little boy happy.  She had given up and was leaving, when Opie ran out in his pajamas "Aunt Bea could not leave, she don't know how to do anything! Who will take care of her!"  It makes me cry everytime.  Just for the record, I am not afraid of frogs or lizards and I spent many happy days wading in the creek catching tadpoles with my son.

• Like 4

Feeling positive that after emailing my county supervisor and mayor Pro Tem to no avail about the lack of even one pulmonologist in my city of over 100,000 people I was able to get a response from our actual mayor who said she would look into it for me. 

Fingers crossed and I know it will take time but I suggested they offer incentives like they do with businesses they are trying to attract to our area.

My next move will be notifying the news stations so I'm really hoping something comes out of the mayor doing something about it.

• Like 2

@jillar Good for you being your own advocate!! That is awful!

I live in a fairly rural area and have many choices within 50 miles

and some even closer. That is hard to believe in your area. Not sure where 

that is except CA. Hope you get some answers soon! I will keep you in my

prayers!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Linda, I have options if I want to travel 45 minutes to another county or an hour to one in my own county but being on portable oxygen its just too far without having to bring multiple tanks. And that would be too hard for me to do on my own. We really just need at least one in our immediate area

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Success! Just received this email from our Mayor:

After contacting Sue Anderson, President of Marian Hospital, she directed me to Dr. Robertson regarding this issue.  They are trying to recruit.  It seems that this is a problem throughout the country.  Access to Pulmonology is very critical and the covid has exacerbated the problem. A Pulmonologist is expected to start seeing patients by late March 2022.  I know this doesn’t help you right now but help is coming soon.

Alice Patino

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You have not only created a better situation for you but for others in your community.  For so many healthcare is neglected because they do not have the means to travel any distance just to see a doctor.  This is compounded when your health is bad and you do not have the strength or energy to get there.  I applaud you for being an advocate for so many, I just wish you did not have to struggle.  Most people can not imagine what you have to do to just to see a doctor. I get it, you have to load up oxygen, walkers, wheelchairs, blankets, pillows, food and drink just to be out of the house for a few hours. I live in a large metro area and the doctors are here and it still is an ordeal for so many. I ask those of you that are able bodied to be aware of people that are struggling.  Offer to help them unload a wheelchair, if you have time offer to see them to the doctors office, Carry bags, open doors. push the wheelchair etc., it makes a real difference.

• Like 4

I am glad you do not have problem with mobilty. I was people know that sometimes others can use a helping hand.  When my husband was ill I did have struggles with his tank, wheelchair and walker sometimes. I really appriciated when a man would help me get the wheelchair in and out of the car.

• Like 5

waitng for my ambien to kick in. can't believe she finally gave me something to help me sleep. In the soon to be grogginess I thought of @Opah and his pizza dreams.  I have been craving pizza for a couple of weeks.  Most all are takeout or delivery these days.  I am thinking back to the seventies.  There a lot of pizza places that were like a restaurant.  They were most decorated in red and black and dark inside.  There were wall sconces and tiny table lamps that made the room glow. It was the place to go for a date back then.  Teenagers found them to be a romantic place to take your girl and more often than not your friends would also be there on a date.  They were always open late so you had another place to go to when a party was over. Hopefully soon I will be able to tell you how bad I burned the roof of my mouth or bottom lip/chin with hot molten cheese.  Wishing you pizza pidancing in dreams tonight.There is a famous Christmas movie that has the line "Youth is wasted on the young"

• Like 3

Boo @notsmokinjo, definitely something going around here too. On December 4th I had a stomach bug and threw up probably 25-30 times between Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. And the first time it came out of nowhere resulting in me, my sheets, quilt and even the cat getting some. It was horrible!

Hope Birdie feels better soon🤗

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The joys of motherhood, wish I still got take care of my son when he is sick, but no, he went and grew up on me, now has a beautiful wife to take care of him. And life goes on in a circle, someday your daughter will be there to clean up a mess, give you a bath and tuck you into bed. She will feed you broth and you will tell stories of long ago and nap together, her dreaming of you being her daughter and she dreaming of you being her mother. 

• Like 2

Okay @Linda I have just finished making a large pan of lasgana, counting on you for the salad and garlic bread.  What time does your flight arrive? who else shoud we invite to an virtual dinner party.  I am thinking @jillar and @Doreensfree because they do so much for us. @Gus is celebrating a big success.  Maybe @Boo, but he can't make it, he is at home rubbing Sugar Britches tummy in anticipation of Boo2's arrival.  We can't have @Opah they won't allow his guns on the plane and if he is coming to Texas he will want to hunt.Everyone in California would not to come because let's face it, it is California, I would like to be there. Maybe the down unders would like to visit.  Sorry guys I am just feeling fun today!

• Haha 3

@Kris  You can count on me for the salad and garlic bread and I

think your guest list sounds good!! 😀😀 Yes I agree I would like to be

in CA also it is cold here in Michigan today. I'm glad your feeling better

I love reading your post, they make me smile. I'll let you know on

the time of flight arrival. 😀😀 🍷🍷 Get the wine chilled!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Okay lets go with a plan change, I will come there because it is still like summer here and I want it to be cold.  After I put the lasgana together I started a pot of taco soup.  I tend to cook a lot one day so I don't have for a few days.  Pan of brownies in the oven next.  I think our California folks woul be willing to come there and enjoy the true weather winter. I have only been to snow areas twice, once to Lake Tahoe Nevada, where my husband skied and I fell on my ass repeatedly. Second time was a business trip to Minneapolis/St Paul. That was really an eye opener, the streets were plowed and the snow was higher on the edge of the streets, like running a gauntlet.  I must admit I am out of wine again but have a list going. Hope you and Lily are snuggled up under a softie ( what my grandson calls my blankets) with a roaring fire and a cup of hot chocolate or soup.

• Like 1