What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Enjoying the start of the Christmas season.

The house is lit up.  The tree is up and decorated.  Wreaths, stockings, and various other Christmastime themed items have been strategically placed throughout the house.  Santa Claus has been renamed "ho-ho" by my daughter.  Watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer earlier; Maddie makes roaring noises when King Moonracer comes on.

Christmastime is on here at Boo Acres.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Update: It has been 1 month since my "big fall" and I am finally feeling pretty good! The black eye is almost gone, the fat lip is gone, the rib pain is gone, the PT for the thumb helped after only 2 sessions...had first PT session this past Monday for my leg (ankle and knee) and after icing it daily the swelling has gone down significantly and have faithfully been doing the exercises given to me by the therapist. He said it would probably be another month before swelling subsides in the foot/ankle and the burning pain I experience intermittently is due to nerves that were damaged in the fall starting to regenerate.

We put the tree up and today I actually was out shopping for about 1 1/2 hours ... after which I couldn't wait to get home and elevate my leg and ice it up! Tomorrow I will walk my dog 🐼 for first time since my fall ... but only as far as the end of the 300 ft driveway! The BF will be happy about that!! 

• Like 7

I bought an inflatable grinch last year that hangs out in the front and leers at passersby. I haven't put it out yet since I am waiting for my neighbor to put up his inflatable Santa. I do have a string of lights in the house but otherwise way low-key here. Glad to hear there is celebration/healing for members of the QT.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Stressing about getting ready for Christmas. My boyfriend’s son, daughter-in-law and their two little girls are flying in in 3 days. Somehow, John thinks I should clean his house….. I, of course, said I’d be happy to pitch in, but I have my own home. This one is his responsibility. He hates it when I tell him that, as he considers me “the lady of the house” . To that, I reply, “Who are you calling a lady?!” 😂😂

Edited by Katgirl
  • Haha 5

I am also watching the rain and listening to the wind. Rain is a rare treat in California, it seems. Though, it is more common in the winter. Nasty day outside, so I am staying in, when I should be doing last minute Christmas shopping. 

• Like 1

I could run Necked in the rain, love it, and afterwards when every thing is all shriveled up,  Jump in a hot Bath and soak.  From there in front of the fire place all bundled up with the wife watching some make her cry movie chick flick Like the Note Book.

You see it is the Rain that gets me to all the other great stuff !  So got to love the rain.

• Like 3

Rain is underated, I love it!  Been in the bed all day with migraine.  Got up and thru together a nice pasta salad and went to get wine.  Watching Andy Griffith, been in love with that man since I was a little girl so my mom told me.  My dad died when I was only three.  He was in the air force. I would run to any man in a uniform because I thought he was my dad. My nick name was kissy bug, that he gave me.  I tried to be worthy.

• Like 2

Lord God. Cannot sleep, up again.  Getting ready to cook some bacon and make some fried eggs for the dogs. It is that time of month for their heart worm medication an they take it well when mashed in an egg. I have given up on shoving down their throats and take the easy way out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kris said:

Tell me about your babies. I must have missed you have furbabies.

K

I only have one, her name is Lily. She is a Boxer which is my favorite breed.

Through the years I have had several. She is spoiled rotten and a 55 pound baby.

She thinks she is a lap dog lol. She is a great companion and loves to go with me

everywhere I go. She is a great baby and a lot o company as you well know dogs are and gives

unconditional love!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kris said:

Watching Andy Griffith, been in love with that man since I was a little girl so my mom told me. 

I've watched every episode of The Andy Griffith Show...multiple times.  I've lost count of how many times I've seen that episode with Jimmy the dynamite eating goat.

That being said, I feel like I need to go back and re-watch those shows.  I have a son on the way and watching Andy raise Opie is like a masterclass in father-son relations.

Said in my best Andy Griffith voice: that was a fine show, a fiiine show.

• Like 6