What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

How scary, @Rozuki! I pray that PT is able to get you back to 100% quickly. I used to not carry my phone with me if I was  outdoors and still close to my house but, I started carrying it with me 100% of the time now. I’m sure it’s driving you nuts not knowing what actually happened. I feel for you.  I had an episode similar to that a couple of years ago. Scary and not knowing the why or how still bugs me to this day. 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a gopher hole, right foot fell in and stuck then the face plant, hands out trying to stop the face plant but then the right foot twisted free and dropped the entire weight down.  I am sure your Pup was just given you love crying cause she/he knew you were hurt.

Best advice I can give is to not listen to any good jokes with a fat lip, that laugh or smile will hurt like hell.

image.png.3ad5d72df8fb3d96d4c2aae2bbff19cc.png

I had a manager named Bill he was an X  Gunny Sargent 

well he had a massive heart attack, and when we were passing around the card that people were having an issue signing I read from Rod to Bill See you did it !  You proved them all wrong, you do have a heart !

Edited by Opah
  • Haha 3

@Linda I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I agree, it is so frustrating when doctors can not figure out what is going on.  I have been there to many times to count.  You just feel defeated, that you do not even want to go see them because you never feel better.

@Rozuki I am sorry to hear about your fall.  Those are the type of things we all worry about as we get older.  I have been lucky that all of mine have been in the house and not as serious as your injuries. Note to all, if you are going out for a walk and frankly for anything else do not leave leave your phone.  That is why I don't do those things, I don't have a phone.  I must be one of the only people in America that has a land line. Feel better soon!!!

@jillar thinking of you and your special love today! I went out to the store this morning and the dogs acted like I had been gone a week.  People think you just get over losing a beloved family(pet) member but that is not the case.  The grief continues for a long time.  I know you are still hurting and send you only good thoughts.  It will be awhile yet but if you heart is open another may come to fill it with joy once again.

K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Opah I am glad she had it surgically implanted.  I just hope it was not on your butt.  When cell phones were new my husband would butt dial me and it would cost a fortune.  We had many a fuss over that.  I was running a budget and did not appreciate the charges even if he had a cute butt!

Always remember to call.  I never had a problem with the hubs stopping to have a beer with the boys or seeing his folks.  I just wanted to know he was okay.  He always worked really hard to provide.  I told everyone I did not worry where he was, he would be home when he was tired or hungry.  Most of the time he was at his folks, doing yard work and cleaning the pool.  I was a lucky gal.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rozuki said:

Been laid up the last two weeks with a sprained right ankle, a badly bruised and bleeding right knee, bruised rib(s), a right hand thumb contusion,  huge bump on my forehead, a black eye, gash on bridge of my nose, and a bleeding, fat lip! 

Other than that...How's your day going?

Seriously though, hope you're feeling better now and your recovery goes smoothly.

Edited by Boo
  • Thanks 1

Project Winter Wonderland is now all systems go here at Boo Acres.  Christmas decorations have been sorted.  Strings of lights have been tested.  The logistics of the operation have been planned.  Beginning early on Friday morning (day after Thanksgiving) we are going for ridiculous levels of holiday cheer here.

Having a one year-old gives me a perfect excuse for over-the-top decorating.

• Like 6

Run to it @Boo, these are the best years ever.  Put up everything, decorate floor to ceiling (as long as baby girl can't get at it).  Plan nightly rides in the car to take little Miss and Sugar Britches out to look at lights in the neighborhood.  Get home and make hot chocolate or some special treat.  We made it a holiday tradition.  You too can create your own Christmas Vacation for future generations.  They will remember and love every minute!!

K

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kris said:

Run to it @Boo, these are the best years ever.  Put up everything, decorate floor to ceiling (as long as baby girl can't get at it). 

We went big last year at Christmas.  The only way to top that is to go bigger this year.

Already have one new tradition.  Sugar Britches came up with an oversized Santa hat for Pumpy.  Pumpy is a scarecrow with a pumpkin for a head.  We put him out on the front porch for Halloween and Maddie took a shine to him.  She plays with and talks to Pumpy on a daily basis.  I don't have a clue what we're going to do with him after Christmas.  Right now, it's looking like Pumpy is going to be a permanent fixture around here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Boo give Pumpy ( Sugar Britches gave him a hat) and beard.  Go to the thrift store and buy him an ugly christmas sweater.  Put some fake wrapped presents at his feet, candy canes in his hands and change his name to Crumpy, the christmas scarecrow.  Tell little Miss Boo he is Santa's friend waiting to see him.

K

Edited by Kris
did not see Britches gave a santa hat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right  now I am counting my blessings.  I do not know if I will be here on Thanksgiving. All of us know that life is precious and there are no guarantees.  I never knew I would lose my husband at such an early age but I also knew from an early age that bad things happen.  My father passed at the age of 36 of a heart attack brought on by a medication that was given to him by a doctor.  Any of us could leave this world tonight in our sleep, I am okay with that.  There are many young people on this board.  I am not okay with them putting their lives in danger if they continue to smoke. We must focus on them, to tell them what could happen to them and their families if they fail.  There is no doubt that it will have a profound effect on their spouse and their children.  I think when we are young we don't think about the damage we are doing that will deny our family of what they deserve.  They need to be healthy to play with their children, playing soccer, football, baseball, dancing, gymnastics, being on the swim team, being a diver, playing an instrument in a marching band.  Showing them all the things they can accomplish.  My husband and I were lucky, bad things did not start to happen until our son was a junior in high school.  He had already been involved in so many sports and had been successful.  I thought it would be me who got sick, but it was his Dad. So there we were, a smart successful kid who had worked hard for good grades, excelled in sports, learned to play trumpet and a second language.  His world was torn apart when we finally had to tell him what was wrong.  There was no hiding it, as his Dad had to start treatment.  It fell on me to tell him there was no cure, that we would lose his Dad at some point.  To this day, I can't remember the conversation.  I don't want anyone to have that talk with their children. So that is my truth, my life that was wonderful until that point.  The sad part is I could not stop smoking, even though my husband was going to die from skin cancer. We were only 46 years old. This is cautionary tale for young members.  It can happen, it does happen, keep your quit, you have people that love and depend on you. Do not throw it away!!

• Like 2

I am on the couch, with the two little dogs, the big boy on the floor at my feet.  We had pancakes for dinner, mine with butter and syrup, the pups shared one plain, as a treat.  Watching  PBS Grantchester. Now watching Sister Wives,  I am not going there with my opinions. In the  big picture that does not matter.  Sometimes it is better to stay silent and leave it alone. If more people would do this the violence in America would stop. I do not care what color you are, your sexual preference, what your religion is, what gender you are or what you eat for breakfast.  It is not my or anyone elses business.  If you get up everyday, go to work, take care of yourself and  family you will never have a problem you can't overcome.  I am sick of people that think they have the right to judge other people. Let's face it folks, people looked down on us because we were smokers.  That is not fair.  We have to stand up and oppose any form of discrimination, if we do not we are hypocrites.  I do not want anyone to feel less than.  

K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1