What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Linda.

I totally respect your hesitation in giving up your home.  I know you care deeply about your guy.  I will never be in that position because that is what I have chosen.  Keep your home until and split time between both places. Never give up anything that makes you feel safe and secure.  I often think I should sell  my home but I do love it.  For now there is no where I would rather be. 

I am sorry that you were so sick after the shingles vax, I did not have any problems.  I get every vax available.  If we look back in history we can see the overall advantage. Look how far things have come.  There are many diseases that have been eradicated by advances in science and medicine. My husband participated in clinical trials for his cancer.  It gave him many more years with us and he would be proud that one of the drugs was FDA approved to treat brain cancer in children.  It did not cure it but gave families more time together. 

Everyone's outlook on these things is different.  For me if there is a vax to prevent or cause a lesser case I will take it.  If I get sick with something that has clinical trials, I would do them.  I have lived a long life, I am no longer afraid to step forward and help for the future.  We are leaving here the same way.  Better to leave something behind that might help others.

• Like 1

I have no doubt Covid is real. Several of my friends and family have had it, and survived. As a medical professional, and a logical thinker, some of the info being disseminated makes me crazy. We are being told that no matter which initial vaccine we received, any booster will do….WHAT?? That sounds crazy to me. If I do get a booster, it will be the same brand, as my initial vaccine. I am very disturbed at how the media is treating people who aren’t holding the party line. Lately, NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers is in the hot seat. I have noticed I haven’t seen his Insurance Co. commercials, since his infamous interview. How can you blame a man in his prime for worrying about his reproductive future, and deciding against the vaccine? Two of my 3 sons have the same concerns. One won’t get vaccinated, and the other made sure he got the J and J, only because he had to get vaccinated, as a member of our military. We are living in unprecedented  times. I wear an N95 mask, whenever I venture out, which isn’t very often. I am not convinced that the flimsy things other people are using, to mask up, are effective.  Again, common sense. I really hope I live to see the day, when life gets back to some kind of normal.

• Like 2

@KatgirlI must admit that I really try to not pay attention to the news to much.  The only thing that matters is your opinion and your doctors advice.  Society in general, with the advance of technology has gone beserk.  I have not even heard about the fertility issue.  I can understand the concern that as a couple that experienced that first hand.  They could never explain why my husband had a low count and not good swimmers. Was it because he was a preemie way back in 1959, was it because he came of age in the 70's when smoking weed was his thing and smoking cigarettes was mine. Who knows...there are so many things out there now that damage is being done to so many of our young people that won't be known for decades.  My Mom passed a couple of years ago at the age of 90.  She never drank, smoked and for most of her life did not eat meat.  She worked hard, kept a huge garden with fruit trees, canned and preserved her food.  She walked miles everyday when she got older.  It was not her body that gave up it was dementia in the end.  

Each person must weigh the pros and cons of their life decisions and do what they feel is right for them.  I wish I had not smoked all those years but that was a decision I made.  I and I alone am responsible for that.  I do not think we will know the damage or see a complete return to normal in our lifetimes.  I just pray that society recognizes the danger of the possiblities in the future of the world and is more prepared than we were this time.

• Like 2

@MarylandQuitter

I will be the first to say I do not consider myself to be a smart person but I have experienced things that involve the NIH and the FDA.  My husband was diagnosed with a rare form of skin cancer.  We were given 2 years at the most.  Started traditional chemo to slow disease progression.  All that time I was searching for something.  I found a clinical trial through the NIH, we went to to our oncologist, he informed us the chemo was not helping.  Then he said there might  be a trial for us. I said I know and pulled out the information I had printed out.  He said yes, that is the one.  I was already ahead of the doctor.  Yes we do have to advocate, be informed and make decisions about our care.

We lived in Texas, the trial was in Arizona.  I contacted them and sent all of my husband's records.  
We were invited to enter the trial.  They paid for airfare, hotel, rental car and meals.  They were wonderul to us.  Most of all the drug was oral in nature and did not make him sick, they paid for all the ct scans. pet scans, blood work, surgeries my husband had.  

From this trial we went from a year or so to getting five years and one month. My husband was able to continue with work that he loved.  My husband got to see our son graduate from high school and enter college.  

I (and I am sure my husband) was proud that I found out a couple of months after my husband died this drug was approved for brain cancer in children which gave them a quality extended life with their families.  So, yes I do support the NIH/CDC and that people research,learn all they can and be proactive in their/families healthcare.  So I say research, read, be proactive and most of all we all know the danger of smoking.  You can quit, it will take effort but there are people that will help you!!

• Like 1

I am setting at my desk eating a cucumber salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. This was suppose to be for this evening But I got hungry and it just looked so good I thought it would be great for a lunch thing also.

• Like 3

I am on Grandma duty. The grandson is grounded right now from certain things ie video games, computer etc..  I don't like to be put in the position of enforcer.  If the child is grounded, then the parents should be grounded to make sure the child understands the reason for the punishment.  

How do they expect the child to learn if they are not willing to take the time to enforce and have deep conversations with the child. I always felt it necessary to go back over the thing that got them into trouble. I don.t know who said it but "If you don't make trouble there will be no trouble"

Now @Opahcan I have some of your salad?

• Like 1

Its history, Now the next one I have will be larger have dries cranberry's, walnuts and almonds in it.  Damn that was good, hell you could throw some popcorn shrimp in there to.  Definitely work on this salad figure out what will be tasty with that raspberry vinaigrette   YUM 

• Like 2

"I am on Grandma duty. "

My Kids know there Daddy, My duty to my kids grand kids and great grand kids is to love them.  when they come over it is special time and nothing but.  if they want to punish them you keep them Home, cause over my home it is a good time or they are learning something or going some where.  Don't allow them to take your special away.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BAT said:

@Linda Smile L It will make you feel better 🙂

I'm sitting here trying to decide whether to go low carb (Keto) or not. Any one out there ever tried it? Does it work? 

Thanks @BAT I'm smiling,just one of them days!! I have no advice on the keto  or low carb.I should

check it out since I gained weight since not smoking!!😁😁

• Like 1

Sitting at my desk waiting for my crew to come in, and for the other boot to hit the floor from my manager.

Otherwise a good start to a good day,  here they come let get this day rocking and rolling.

hit the floor running operations howling like a pack of Coyote,  Do this Do that, maintenance help me ! 

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

I have not been feeling social so have to come to board for inspiration.  I am not in danger of letting my quit go after last night.  I came on and read from the newbie page, read the stories of those that have relapsed. It truly helped, to know that people have had that happen and felt the grief, defeat, depression from momentary lapse in strength.  It has shown me I do not want to to that.  I already have plenty of troubles.  I do not need to add to it by losing my quit.  If you are struggling go and read those posts.  They will renew your commitment.

K

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kris said:

I have not been feeling social so have to come to board for inspiration.  I am not in danger of letting my quit go after last night.  I came on and read from the newbie page, read the stories of those that have relapsed. It truly helped, to know that people have had that happen and felt the grief, defeat, depression from momentary lapse in strength.  It has shown me I do not want to to that.  I already have plenty of troubles.  I do not need to add to it by losing my quit.  If you are struggling go and read those posts.  They will renew your commitment.

K

@KrisGood for you! You are doing great!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kris, I remember there was a time that I was struggling,  was feeling low and weak.  I went back and read my posts from the beginning,  I watched (read) myself growing, helping, becoming someone I was proud of.

Can you believe this I inspired my self, the words I wrote, the quits I help save, the lives I touched and that touched me.

Man I puffed up put on my best Cape and ran around the house, ran out side jumped in the pool and then back in side cause that water was freaking freezing !  You want to be inspired read the words you wrote and inspired others. There are super hero's everywhere, find yours just by looking in the mirror, image.png.9eec15e033cc901a683ea94387ac060d.png

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Opah said:

Kris, I remember there was a time that I was struggling,  was feeling low and weak.  I went back and read my posts from the beginning,  I watched (read) myself growing, helping, becoming someone I was proud of.

Can you believe this I inspired my self, the words I wrote, the quits I help save, the lives I touched and that touched me.

Man I puffed up put on my best Cape and ran around the house, ran out side jumped in the pool and then back in side cause that water was freaking freezing !  You want to be inspired read the words you wrote and inspired others. There are super hero's everywhere, find yours just by looking in the mirror, image.png.9eec15e033cc901a683ea94387ac060d.png

@Opah Well said!!! I know you have inspired me many times, and I'm sure

you have done that for many here!!! That's why we are here to help each other!!!

@Opah I have really enjoyed your post.  All the things and people you love.  You have an true spirit in your words about your family, nature and the joys of a simple life.  I appreciate your love of hard work, even though you may not love your job, you work hard and are a good influence to those you work with.  My main thing is you not get lost in that at the detriment of your personal life. That you take care of yourself so you can take care of your family.  This is speaking first hand, my husband gave everything to the job, neglected even his health, and when things went really wrong, everything was still about work.  I let it go because I knew that made him happy.  He never had a clue how hard it was for me and our son, to give up the time we wanted with him so he could spend it on the job.  I know this sounds bad but we have no regrets, we gave him the care and freedom to do what he wanted with the time he had.  That said, at this point we have made a decision to quit smoking to improve our lives and be here with our families as long as possible.

K

• Like 1

Today has not been a good day!!

Two doctors appointments and

they never want to find the cause

of the problem lets just add more medication

I guess that's why they call it practicing medicine

By the time I was done I wanted to smoke!!!!

Didn't but it sure crossed my mind.Some day

I hope that is not the first thing that crosses my

mind when someone pisses me off. My rant

for the night

• Sad 2

Been laid up the last two weeks with a sprained right ankle, a badly bruised and bleeding right knee, bruised rib(s), a right hand thumb contusion,  huge bump on my forehead, a black eye, gash on bridge of my nose, and a bleeding, fat lip! 🤏🦵🦶👁️👄 It was shocking and painful when I fell that I couldn't stand up and had to crawl to the side of the road. Left my phone home. I was just taking the dog for a walk!! Still not sure what the hell happened....did I slip/trip on the gravel road, did my pup trip me up? 🤯

Luckily, my neighbor was on her way home from work and saw me laying by the side of the road (I had been there for at least 15 minutes) and helped me into her car and drove me and my dog home. 

The BF had to take over the dog walking duties....

I start PT on Monday....wish me luck!