What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Helping the kid with her History homework (feminism in Australia... she might fail cos pretty sure while my answers and analysis are accurate it's not wot the teacher wants to hear)....between discussing the motivation of Gillard's misogyny speech we just had this conversation....

The Kid : Can you hear the electricity?

Me: Wot?!?

TK: The electricity, can you hear it. Like the lights or the cables and stuff. If you mute the telly you hear it.

Me: Yeah nah... do you need to see someone?

TK: no ... I just hear the lights buzzing and things crackling and stuff. It's normal.

Me: oh so it's not like talking to you and stuff?

TK: no you idiot, besides what would it say.

Me: I dunno, maybe "you're looking good tonight Jo, I love it how you turn me on.

TK: you. are. an idiot.

I dunno I reckon that's a bit harsh....might just give her a bum steer on her answers.

• Haha 3

@jillar went and got the shingles booster this morning, could not get the 3rd covid yet. Must admit the shingles was a burn going in! Making suasage balls and making pancakes.  Going to be Grandma tommorow to 8 year old grandson who is eating like a horse as they say. I will have him until Saturday.  I just try to stay ahead of his appetite or I get worn out.  

K

• Like 2

@JilIar, actually went to the liquor store when I went to get my shot.  All things (except smokes) must be stocked up now just in case things go sideways again.  I feel kind bad, like I need to go by the smoke shop I used for my cartons and say goodbye.  No, that is not going to happen!

K

• Like 2

Bat I have had a broken collar bone what a PITA, all tressed up and shoulders pulled back.  kick back and give it the time to heal proper, I got startled at a movie and re-broke it, now if I carry something on that shoulder it cuts me.

Just got home from  having dinner at  friends house!!

Good company and a great dinner. Grilled salmon, potatoes on the grill

salad and of course don't forget the wine!!! Yummy it all was!! Spent the

afternoon having a great day!!!

Edited by Linda
Content

Had my grandson overnight.  He had two bowls of Lucky Charms for breakfast and declared still hungry.  Looked in freezer and wanted pot stickers.  Went to check, asked him if they were good, reply "yeah they are good and this ice water is really good"  Hey now! first time I was ever complimented on my water, I must be a gourmet chef. "I wish he would drink milk"

K

• Haha 3

@Opah. Potstickers are little asian dumplings filled with chicken, pork or veggies. I have never seen this child drink a soda, he likes juice, water and sometimes milk. He was on an overnight here and when my son picked him up I promptly took a nap.

K

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, Opah said:

Bat I have had a broken collar bone what a PITA, all tressed up and shoulders pulled back.  kick back and give it the time to heal proper, I got startled at a movie and re-broke it, now if I carry something on that shoulder it cuts me.

I'm off the pain killers and healing fast now that they put a plate and screws around my collar bone. The week and a half before surgery was the hard part. I'll see the surgeon again Monday and start rehab Tuesday. I have to be able to lift 85 pounds and be able to push and pull 50 pounds before I can go back to work. 

I'm ready to get back on my bike and return to the place where I crashed. I have a date with a steep drop-off into a creek.

Some would say I was an idiot for wanting to try it again. I say It's because ... I'm Batman 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@BAT I hate to tell you but you are just a man, like all others that must return to the scene of the crime (so called) that you return to face the demon and let it know you have returned victorious!

As I am not a man, I usually just throw in the towel, but must say I have faced down the demons in big way when my man could not do it on his own. I am glad you are doing well, now your challenge is your rehab and you must listen and do everything  they say to come back as if the injury never happened. It will be hard work but you can do it.  Remember Batman cannot fly with only one wing.

K

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BAT said:

.Some would say I was an idiot for wanting to try it again. I say It's because ... I'm Batman

Be careful with that...I have a friend who apparently thought he was superman by the way he jumped out instead of up on his trampoline one Halloween party and flew about twenty feet, crash landed and broke his collarbone. Needless to say he never jumped again 😂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Kris, I've told @BAT before he should've just took his batmobile....

I'm just restless 😁  To think I almost went and played golf that day and I had just rode that same trail two  days before. I'm so butt hurt over the whole episode. ... I'll be back. 

• Like 1

I just got the Moderna booster a couple of days ago and I felt a little flu-ish for a day and a half. The 2nd Moderna shot I got I got very sick for about 5 days but felt great after that. 

• Like 1

@BAT Glad you got all those done, I felt a little bad after the first Covid, nothing on the 2nd  but a sore arm.  Had the flu and shingle  vax the same day, nothing but a sore arm.  Just got the shingles booster a couple of days ago, no problems.  I do not know how young/old you are but if you are of age I would get the shingles vax.  My mom got the shingles and it was very, very bad.  It just scares the s... out of me.  I had moved her into my home at that point, and her pain was unbearable. There was lots of screaming and crying.  It causes damage to nerves, so that pain never goes away. She suffered this for 5 years until she passed.

K

• Sad 2

@Kris .... Sorry to hear about your mom. I've heard it can be very painful. I got my shingle and my pneumonia vacs last year. I'm caught up on all the vacs now. Now I just need that idiot vacs before I get back on my mountain bike 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@BAT I wish they had one for that when I was younger, maybe that would have made us wise up and quit along time ago but at least we are here now.  Since you have had all of the vax's I would not say you are a young wild guy.  I admire that you are out there on the bike. That is good for you as long as you do not crash. Try to avoid that in your future.  I know it is hard, in our minds we are still who we are, it is hard to figure out that we can't do the things we love without injury. I want to take my grandson ice skating but not allowed because of a hip replacement.  That just sucks.  i want to be the fun Grandma but I can't.  

Anyway, do the therapy, I did everything they said after the hip thing. Recovered fast and well. Just can't do the active things I loved.

K