What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Never doubt your instincts, you did what was right for both of you, if only for 2 months or 2 years, you are together.  People thought I was crazy for spending thousands on a dog but they did not understand how important he was to me.  They also did not know that I save money just for taking care of my pets. I would rather put that away for them than silly things for me.  Their love and company is such a joy in my life.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jordan7 said:

Are you sure that it's only Jerry chewing on socks, or are you just taking Wade's word for it??

I'd be surprised to find out that Wade eats socks.

Stumpy...not so much.  That boy will eat anything.

If you ever feed Stumpy, do it with an open hand.  You might lose a finger otherwise.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, catlover said:

Just getting used to the news that my Son and his wife are expecting Twins

Congratulations Catlover.  That's great news.

Double the number of new babies to spoil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kris said:

Just made omelets (with heartworm medication) for the three dogs.  Only way to get then to take it without a big fight. Got to talk to the vet next time we go in what we can change or do.

@Kris Good mama you are to your fur babies😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Just made omelets (with heartworm medication) for the three dogs.  Only way to get then to take it without a big fight. Got to talk to the vet next time we go in what we can change or do.

All my dogs, including many fosters, love the chewable heartworm preventative and think they are getting a treat.  But they were all Labs, who generally will eat about anything.  

• Like 1

Thanks @Jordan7I have tried the treat variety in years past.  I so not know it there is one made by Triflexis...that is the medication they are on for heartworm protection and also contains medicine that keeps them flea and tick free and other types of worms.  All three are indoor pets, and in fact the two littles started to sleep with me when my husband died.  Don't want any visitors of the insect kind.  I would go as far to say they live a better life than me.  They go to the spa, get their hair done, mani-pedies, and what I call the brazilian butt cleaning.  They also get dental cleaning for their pearly whites.

Nothing out there that will help me but damn my dogs look good!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Kris said:

Thanks @Jordan7I have tried the treat variety in years past.  I so not know it there is one made by Triflexis...that is the medication they are on for heartworm protection and also contains medicine that keeps them flea and tick free and other types of worms.  All three are indoor pets, and in fact the two littles started to sleep with me when my husband died.  Don't want any visitors of the insect kind.  I would go as far to say they live a better life than me.  They go to the spa, get their hair done, mani-pedies, and what I call the brazilian butt cleaning.  They also get dental cleaning for their pearly whites.

Nothing out there that will help me but damn my dogs look good!!

Yep, they do make a chewable, and  many other companies have chewable Plus versions that include the additional protections.  

image.png.bdeb74c5185f70d946f52e08e3d91cd1.png

Thanks @Jordan7 for the info, those look like the boxes I currently get and they are a tablet that should coulda woulda been a chewable tablet.  My pups just spit out on the floor and say WTF.  I tried wrapping in cheese, lunch meat and dipped in peanut butter.  They would just eat or suck the so called good stuff and then spit them back out on the floor.  That is when I started crushing them and make an omelet for each dog, has been the only thing that has worked.  I do not give them breakfast on medicine day, mid afternoon I make the omelets and they are hungry by then, and they just eat up their egg with no hesitation.  My daughter inlaw says their dog get a shot once every 6 months but I don't know about that.  I am going to check it out but getting all three to the vet is a challenge for me.  

K

19 hours ago, Jordan7 said:

All my dogs, including many fosters, love the chewable heartworm preventative and think they are getting a treat.  But they were all Labs, who generally will eat about anything.  

That's been our experience with Cash.  We give him Heartgard Plus, a beef flavored chewable.

Administering the drug is a simple matter of putting the cube near his mouth and saying "there ya go."  He woofs it right down every time.

• Haha 1