What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

@Linda, they are trying to get her to eat on her own but she's refused so far. They'll try throughout the day, run more tests around 4:00pm and will call an hour or two later with their recommendations and if she can come home 😞 Thank you for asking.....

Edited by jillar
Thought the feeding tube was out but it wasn't
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Kris said:

Do not give up, she may rally more than what the vet says.  

There is hope.  We had a dog named Roscoe when I was a kid.  Roscoe was a mutt and a damn good farm dog.  The vets told us on three separate occasions that Roscoe was on his last leg.  He pulled through multiple times and proved to have more lives than any cat on the planet.

Best wishes Jillar.  I'm holding on to hope for Cookie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Boo, you might be right! Got a pretty encouraging follow-up call just now. Cookies numbers are still improving. One came down significantly from where it was. She still isn't eating on her own and they suggested we come visit her to see if that works so my husband went down. I'm afraid if I go she'll wonder why I'm leaving and not taking her with me like I always do and we don't want any setbacks now. I also think it could be the feeding tube in her nose that's making her not want to eat so suggested they take it out and try. They said that was a possibility and they may try that.

So thank you all for the prayers and positive thoughts, I think they're working.....🙂

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Boo, you might be right! Got a pretty encouraging follow-up call just now. Cookies numbers are still improving. One came down significantly from where it was. She still isn't eating on her own and they suggested we come visit her to see if that works so my husband went down. I'm afraid if I go she'll wonder why I'm leaving and not taking her with me like I always do and we don't want any setbacks now. I also think it could be the feeding tube in her nose that's making her not want to eat so suggested they take it out and try. They said that was a possibility and they may try that.

So thank you all for the prayers and positive thoughts, I think they're working.....🙂

@jillar That is good news!! Happy for you and Cookie. I will keep you all in my prayers!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My husband said she looks miserable, cone on her head and tube down her nose. I just really think that could be why she's not eating so I asked him to remind them to try without the tube in. Keeping fingers crossed it works. Thanks for your prayers 🤗

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jillar said:

My husband said she looks miserable, cone on her head and tube down her nose. I just really think that could be why she's not eating so I asked him to remind them to try without the tube in. Keeping fingers crossed it works. Thanks for your prayers 🤗

Poor baby!!!

• Like 2

I think Cookie may have another comeback in her!  Between the stress, the cone, the nose tube, and being kenneled in an unfamiliar place, it's not surprising that she doesn't have an appetite. C'mon Cookie, you can do this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just returned from the Post Office, where I shipped three beautiful vintage Seiko watches to the UK for service. One of my buddies on my watch forum is going to get them all in tip top shape. I am very excited about that.Simon says  I should have them back before Christmas. 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jillar said:

Cookie ate some chicken this morning! She's coming home today around 5:00!

That's great news.

I remember one time when the vets told us Roscoe was a goner, he was groggy for a couple of days when he came home.  He slept a lot and gradually ate more.  After a few days, he was right back at it...just like nothing happened.

So long as I'm reminiscing about Roscoe...I don't think he took a direct hit, but he was very close to something that was struck by lightning.  Poor guy was soaking wet yet every hair on his body was standing straight up.  I've never been able to read a dog's expression clearer than I was able to that day.  His expression said: "what the hell was that?"

Let's raise a toast to good dogs.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jillar said:

Btw boo, how's the kitty liking his new home😊

Jerry has found a home.  Wade and his girlfriend got him all cleaned up and took him to the vet; everything checked out well.  Wade said Jerry has a weird habit of liking to sleep between the wall and the refrigerator.  He also likes to chew on socks...Jerry the cat, not Wade.

We got a bit attached to Jerry when we found him.  We put together a care package for Jerry and sent it home with Wade.  Jeff put some of those Slim Jim meat sticks in there for him, he said Jerry really likes those.

Oh Yeah GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boo said:

He also likes to chew on socks...Jerry the cat, not Wade.

Are you sure that it's only Jerry chewing on socks, or are you just taking Wade's word for it??

Good job helping Jerry the cat find his new home, Boo! 

• Haha 2

She's home! Unfortunately, she's not doing as good as I would have hoped. The vet basically said they did all they could for her and to just love her with the time we have left. What a kick to the gut yoyo ride. But she's had 15 years, 13 with me and I'm just happy she's home. I tell you if I knew it was only going to buy for a little more time I would have never put her through all that but I owed it to her to try......

image.thumb.png.f37e06bdc33b78632ceb5dfa942ba479.png

Such a sweet baby, I am so glad she is home.  Just love, kiss and spoil her.  We never know  when our time is over human or animal.  She looks tired but happy to be home after being in the hospital.  We all feel like that after were sick.  I will bet she will be up and about tomorrow!

K

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jillar said:

She's home! Unfortunately, she's not doing as good as I would have hoped. The vet basically said they did all they could for her and to just love her with the time we have left. What a kick to the gut yoyo ride. But she's had 15 years, 13 with me and I'm just happy she's home. I tell you if I knew it was only going to buy for a little more time I would have never put her through all that but I owed it to her to try......

image.thumb.png.f37e06bdc33b78632ceb5dfa942ba479.png

What a Cutie ...

Whatever time you have together is a gift ....you have been so lucky to have had each others love for 

13 happy years  ...and will have wonderful memories.....

Cookie might decide to stay around a good while yet ..

Hugs to you both 😁❤️❤️

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jillar said:

You owed it to her and to yourself to do whatever you felt was best at the time. If you hadn't tried you may have always second-guessed your decision and wondered if there was more you could have done, which would make it harder to ever have peace of mind about the situation.  Now she's home with you and, since dogs live in the moment, that's all that matters to her now.  Give her all the love and let her call the shots, and just let her know that you're there for her either way -- as Doreen said, she may just decide to stick around for a good while yet.  Sending hugs to you and Cookie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1