What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Cookie got admitted for a few days. They'll give her fluids and a feeding tube among other things and take some ultrasounds to check her organs. At 15 its a hard decision to make to try to save her or let her go but she's been so healthy her whole life up until now that I have to try....😢

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

Cookie got admitted for a few days. They'll give her fluids and a feeding tube among other things and take some ultrasounds to check her organs. At 15 its a hard decision to make to try to save her or let her go but she's been so healthy her whole life up until now that I have to try....😢

@jillar I am so sorry, it is so hard to know but when the time is right you will make the right decision.

I have been there before and yes you have to try so you are comfortable with yourself. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer. At least you know they will make her comfortable and cared for😥😥

• Thanks 1

@Linda, not too good. Called and checked on Cookie and the news wasn't good. Her last urine test a coupe weeks ago showed borderline kidney disease and her numbers went significantly higher since then. They're going to recheck here urine levels tomorrow after they get electrolytes into her and see if they come down and if they haven't gone down then he thinks it may be best to let her go...😢

Linda

Glad you got those vaccines out of the way.  I did both about a month ago, had no side effects other than some soreness in my arm.  I am just trying to remember I have to get the second shingles shot the end of this month.

@jillar sorry Cookie is no better tonight, hopefully she will rebound in the morning since she is getting fluids.  I hope she is much like me, get some rest, get some good nutrition (soup) and feel better.  I know how scary this is and I can't get the two of you out of my mind and heart.  Everyone is praying for you.

K

• Thanks 1

I am sorry that someone could not update you on Cookie.  It is just like when we have to go to the doctor to have test and wait for the results.  I know you are feeling the worst fear and anxiety.  Just remember that you have given all your love to Cookie. 

K

• Thanks 1

Speaking of going to the doctor for test results, I just returned from my Cardiologist’s office, for that very purpose. I had several tests a few weeks back. To use layman’s terms, I had ultrasound scans of both carotid arteries and my abdominal aorta. All is good! No signs of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, and no significant blockages of my carotids. She was impressed with my exercise regimen, and even more impressed that I am still not smoking. She asked what I am doing to make sure I don’t pick up a cigarette again, and I told her about this forum. I think it’s cool that me not smoking was so important to her, and she was holding me accountable, just like everyone here. She really does care, and even knew my quit date, as she had recorded it in her notes. So, a successful visit. She doesn’t need to see me for a year. I am not sure if it’s generally known here, but I have 3 stents in my heart, that have been there for 12 years.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jillar said:

@Linda, not too good. Called and checked on Cookie and the news wasn't good. Her last urine test a coupe weeks ago showed borderline kidney disease and her numbers went significantly higher since then. They're going to recheck here urine levels tomorrow after they get electrolytes into her and see if they come down and if they haven't gone down then he thinks it may be best to let her go...😢

This is horrible news, @jillar! Hoping things go the way you want. ❤️

• Thanks 1

Vet just called, Cookie's kidneys showed an improvement but not like he'd hoped to see with all the treatment she's getting. She'll stay another 24 hours and they'll run the tests again and try getting her to eat solid food (she has a feeding tube in). He's hoping she'll be able to come home tomorrow evening but said he didn't think she had much more time left once she's home 😢

18 minutes ago, jillar said:

Vet just called, Cookie's kidneys showed an improvement but not like he'd hoped to see with all the treatment she's getting. She'll stay another 24 hours and they'll run the tests again and try getting her to eat solid food (she has a feeding tube in). He's hoping she'll be able to come home tomorrow evening but said he didn't think she had much more time left once she's home 😢

@jillar  I am so sorry, you have given the best care. That will be good if she can come home. Cookie will be more comfortable with you.🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jillar said:

I really hope she's able to spend some time with you at home, and maybe the familiar surroundings and some home cooking will help her recover.  Most importantly, I'm sure your sweet pup has always known how much she is loved and she will carry that with her wherever she is.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jordan7 said:

some home cooking will help her recover. 

Unfortunately because of her pancreatitis she'll be on a strict low fat prescription diet. But yes, she'll be home and she won't have to die alone with people she doesn't know. When the time comes the mobile vet will come to the house and I'll be able to stroke her over the rainbow bridge 😢😢😢

• Like 2

If her mama gives it to her it will be home cooking and taste so much better, whatever it is.  My Labs loved the various Hills' canned prescription diet food when they had to eat it -- must taste pretty good after a lifetime of mostly kibble.  This is such a hard time, but just knowing you're nearby will make her feel better.  If she can't come home tomorrow, hopefully they will allow you to visit with her.   At least around here, things are opening up a bit at the vets', and I actually went inside to pick up my last foster dog, for the first time since 3/2020.

Edited by Jordan7
  • Like 1

I am going to call this on the upside.  She is doing better now, and I think be much better once she gets home.  Even humans that get sick just want to come home, sleep in their bed and be pampered. What ever time she has she wants to spend it with her family.  Do not give up, she may rally more than what the vet says.  

In my prayers

K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1