What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, Kris said:

I am depressed and self medicating with some whiskey. I took chicken out of freezer for an indulgent dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. Of course, there will be gravy involved. Trying to decide if I want to make brownies...YES I DO

If you are gone to be bad, be really bad {JUST DO NOT SMOKE!}

k

@Kris I could use some of your whiskey tonight

18 minutes ago, Kris said:

Wish you were nearby, I think we would get along very well, you could pour the drinks while I cook. 

We could indulge in everything except smoking!

K

w

w

@Kris He 

19 minutes ago, Kris said:

Wish you were nearby, I think we would get along very well, you could pour the drinks while I cook. 

We could indulge in everything except smoking!

K

w

w

@Kris Yes we could I would be happy to pour. 😀😀

I think so, I keep coughing up what looks to Be little packing foam balls,

Though My Chow main was a little crunchy?   I am kinda worried about tomorrow Morning could be pooping reinforced Chow main daggers .

Cold be getting a free piercing ?

Edited by Opah
  • Haha 2

I have experienced the lost lunch many times. I always took it with a grain of salt except for one time. I was pregnant and someone took my lunch. Do not mess with a pregnant woman's food, it could get you hurt. (murdered)
K

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Opah,

You scare me so much, you said you talked to your nurse.  She should be concerned about your cough and the things you are coughing up.  I still think you should go see the doctor.  If this has been ongoing for sometime it is time to have some tests. Only want the best for you!

K

Sitting here this AM thinking about my dear friend Pam who I have talked

about before. I spent the afternoon with her yesterday. Her sickness is really declining.

I enjoy the time but it always makes me sad too. This is always a trigger for me wanting to

smoke, how stupid is that?? She has cancer and me smoking would not help that or me!!

The addict thinking sneaks in!! Crazy!!

• Sad 1

Dear Linda.

I am sorry that your friend is suffering.  It is normal to feel the need for some kind of comfort, we just tend to think of a smoke.  That is how we lived our life.  We all have to find another way to self calm or comfort.  My husband died of cancer (skin) and I did not quit thru that or even 10 years after. 

I think that little "bitch" of a thought will never leave

K

2 minutes ago, Kris said:

Dear Linda.

I am sorry that your friend is suffering.  It is normal to feel the need for some kind of comfort, we just tend to think of a smoke.  That is how we lived our life.  We all have to find another way to self calm or comfort.  My husband died of cancer (skin) and I did not quit thru that or even 10 years after. 

I think that little "bitch" of a thought will never leave

K

@Kris  melanoma was what I lost my husband too. Horrible illness. My friend is an amazing person and handling it so gracefully but so was my husband a wonderful person so I understand!!

I have a wedding to go to this week. Really looking forward to it.

Since covid have not done a whole lot in big groups. It will be a fun

group to party with! Lots of friends I have not seen in awhile. I'm sure there will be drinking involved 😂😂 This will be first time since not smoking  in a large group so I'm hoping it will go well!!

• Like 1

Dear @Linda

My husband passed as a result of metastatic basal cell carcinoma.  Very rare, took a couple of months for them to figure it out.  Sent samples and test results all over the country to confirm it, MD Anderson, Cleveland Clinic and Sloan Kettering. We tried everything.  Best help we received was from TGen Clinical Research in Scottsdale Arizona.  Did a clinical trial there that was amazing.  He got so much better for about 18 months.  They paid all the traveling expenses as well.  I am posting these so people will know about them and the great work they do.  If you are facing a end of the road please try the clinical trials, they are doing great work.  They may not be able to save your loved one but they can give you more happy time together.  My husband would be proud that he helped bring a new drug to FDA approval.

K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris said:

Dear @Linda

My husband passed as a result of metastatic basal cell carcinoma.  Very rare, took a couple of months for them to figure it out.  Sent samples and test results all over the country to confirm it, MD Anderson, Cleveland Clinic and Sloan Kettering. We tried everything.  Best help we received was from TGen Clinical Research in Scottsdale Arizona.  Did a clinical trial there that was amazing.  He got so much better for about 18 months.  They paid all the traveling expenses as well.  I am posting these so people will know about them and the great work they do.  If you are facing a end of the road please try the clinical trials, they are doing great work.  They may not be able to save your loved one but they can give you more happy time together.  My husband would be proud that he helped bring a new drug to FDA approval.

K

@Kris Sorry for what you went through. My husband passed 11 months after his diagnosis. I

know how hard that was for you. 

Right know I am sitting down for a rest.  I made a big pot of soup this morning.  Made pancakes and bacon for the freezer. Son came over and worked on the yard, fall clean up.  Sent some soup and a pork roast home with him.  Told him he needs to start stocking the pantry with canned and dry goods.  The prices are just going up and they are on a limited budget. At least he has listened and stocks the freezer when meat is on sale.

I am tired of worrying about COVID and variants, the rise in cost of everything.  Please let the government figure out what to do for all of us!

K

I know it was hard for you as well.  Melanoma is a beast, fast moving.  I think it was and will be the hardest thing we have ever done. I tried to send you an email but it said you were not receiving emails.  Just wanted to let you know in case something was wrong.

K

2 minutes ago, Kris said:

I know it was hard for you as well.  Melanoma is a beast, fast moving.  I think it was and will be the hardest thing we have ever done. I tried to send you an email but it said you were not receiving emails.  Just wanted to let you know in case something was wrong.

K

@Kris What email were you using??

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

My beautiful Cookie is at pet ER. Hopefully they can get her feeling better. Its curbside drop off so he can't even go in there with her 😢

@jillar Hope they can too. I will keep you and Cookie in my prayers

• Thanks 1