What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Watching the news and seeing the the Feds are raising taxes on a carton of smokes by $4.00 as part of their new budget👍 First decent things these clowns have done since taking office.

I don't know how much a pack of smokes costs here now as I quit over 4 years ago. When I quit, the cheapest I could get them (legally) was $12.50/pack, They gotta be around $16.00 or maybe $18.00 a pack by now I would guess. Still not as expensive as in Australia but we're getting there :) 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Watching the news and seeing the the Feds are raising taxes on a carton of smokes by $4.00 as part of their new budget👍 First decent things these clowns have done since taking office.

I don't know how much a pack of smokes costs here now as I quit over 4 years ago. When I quit, the cheapest I could get them (legally) was $12.50/pack, They gotta be around $16.00 or maybe $18.00 a pack by now I would guess. Still not as expensive as in Australia but we're getting there :) 

G’day 

At the current exchange rate that equates to roughly $20 a pack Australian. $1.00 each They were that price when I quit 5 plus years ago.

They are worth $1.80 each cig .. wow.  Now that’s $36 a packet. $252 a week and $1000 a month. That sorta money goes a long way to paying off a house. 

Mind blowing. And they aren’t getting cheaper either,  the price rise is automatic each year. 

• Like 4

It IS amazing what a nicotine addict will sacrifice to ensure they always have some smokes!

I remember saying to myself I'd quit once a pack hit $5.00 Obviously that didn't happen. Went way past $10/pack before I started thinking about it. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of insomnia going on right now for me, it's 3:10 am....fell asleep earlier tonight on my new sofa for 2 1/2 hours! It is sooo comfortable! I do have an appt at 11 am today....so I need to go to bed soon...aargh!! 

• Like 3

On 4/20/2021 at 10:34 PM, Cbdave said:

G’day 

At the current exchange rate that equates to roughly $20 a pack Australian. $1.00 each They were that price when I quit 5 plus years ago.

They are worth $1.80 each cig .. wow.  Now that’s $36 a packet. $252 a week and $1000 a month. That sorta money goes a long way to paying off a house. 

Mind blowing. And they aren’t getting cheaper either,  the price rise is automatic each year. 

I don't know how any Australian,s can afford to smoke ...that's a massive chunk of your hard earned cash ..

• Like 2

Looking for an excuse and a destination for a short road trip this weekend.  We'll be going down to Florida in ten days, but I just picked up my new truck this afternoon and want to get some road miles on it.

The first accessory I put in the new truck: a brand new car seat.  The little gal can ride in style and comfort.

image.png.8b1f5f61fc95647b7d30c4c24b163d5f.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Very nice @Boo, I would guess you can go pretty much go anywhere you want with it 😊

Day trip planned.  Heading over to Tellico Plains tomorrow.  Do a bit of a road test on the Cherohala Skyway.  Head over to Bald River Falls.  Maddie and Cash can play in the woods.  Sugar Britches can do a bit of photography.  Papa Boo might even catch a few trout.

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Opah said:

Best of all fishing to Papa Boo  hope for a string of Rainbows

Overcast sky.  With the exception of an occasional breeze, not much wind to speak of.  Had a big stonefly hatch.  The browns were really biting my little yellow sally fly...It was a good day.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Boo said:

Overcast sky.  With the exception of an occasional breeze, not much wind to speak of.  Had a big stonefly hatch.  The browns were really biting my little yellow sally fly...It was a good day.

Didn't understand....but sounded fun with your big Stonefly Hatch ...going with your little Sally Fly...lol....😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Opah said:

Wow just got a call from the hospital, they want to Take pictures of my heart working and the compromised arteries.

Here's hoping for good results !

@Opah prayers for good results,good luck

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Didn't understand....but sounded fun with your big Stonefly Hatch ...going with your little Sally Fly...lol....😁

Did I mention that I have a nine-foot rod?

I know how to get Doreen interested in fishing talk.

• Haha 3