What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

10 hours ago, jillar said:

Almost 57 years old and just right now learned what queef means 😲

OMG just googled also.  Did not know this.  Good thing to know in case it popped up in my crosswords!

• Haha 6

On 3/14/2021 at 11:14 PM, catlover said:

Had my first Covid Vaccine jab yesterday, feel rough today, arm feels like it’s been punched hard and I have a headache from hell.

just feel a bit sorry for myself ..

DC80CF80-BD0A-41FC-888F-DAB74DA9E6D3.gif

Such an adorable gif. Hope you are feeling better @catlover

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping an eye on the sky.  Wouldn't be March in Tennessee without at least one day of flash flooding and tornado watches.

No worries.  I know how to handle bad weather...

image.png.247f1c5cba9d84e70d5c256c8c722cb0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Feeling so relieved my sister had her long awaited operation for an aortic aneurysm . Due to covid she has had to wait almost a year for it, and i have been so stressed it would  rupture and I may lose her. She had an 8 hour operation last Tuesday and has just come out of ICU and on to a general ward. She is in a lot of pain, I spoke to her yesterday for a few minutes. Hopefully she will go home in a couple of days. I pray now she will quit smoking. Yes she was still smoking with the aneurysm, madness!!!

The power of this addiction is appalling!

Life is better without cigarettes, and I have proved great stress can be handled without smoking.

Thank god I am free of this horrible addiction.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Thank you Jillar. It’s been terrifying, her aneurysm was big, should have been operated on months ago, and I know she was terrified of it rupturing, so smoked to “ease” her stress. I read it’s one of the worst things to do with an aneurysm as it affects your arteries. I tried to get her to stop, but I guess we all stop when we are ready and not when others are worried about us. While she’s been. In hospital obviously she can’t smoke, so that/has given her a good start. I just hope she carries it on. Hopeing she will be greatful for a fresh start and quit and keep healthy.

• Like 4

Glad your sis is past her surgery and on the mend. This Covid thing is screwing up a lot of other stuff, that's for sure. Hopefully your sister sees her 'smoke free' hospital stay as a good head start on quitting as well but what you said before is true. People are ready when they're ready themselves. We can only gently encourage them I suppose.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Reci, yes  fingers crossed she realises what a great chance she has been given , she is very lucky and she knows it. Monday night the night before the op she kept sending me messages telling me she loved me, I think she was worried she might not make it ...  

now is the time to make a new life and move on from smoking.

covid has definately caused a lot of problems for many people and some won’t make it , as get treatment too late or not at all!

• Sad 1

It's not what I'm doing but more of what I did.......... We had free shred weekends all month of March at a local bank celebrating their 20th anniversary and I managed to get rid of SEVEN 13gallon bags of paperwork! Now I have plenty of room in the boxes for the next seven years! :) 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, catlover said:

Feeling so relieved my sister had her long awaited operation for an aortic aneurysm .

Glad your sister was able to get the medical attention she needed.

You have set a great example for her by quitting smoking.  Hopefully, she will follow your lead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Crying and can't believe that I am craving a cigarette.  My dad just passed away.  I can't tell you how dysfunctional my family is and how difficult it has been over the last five days.  I did get the chance to tell my dad I loved him and he finally told me that he loved me.  I know that should be enough but I can't seem to get rid of all the hurts.  I am hoping now, that the healing will begin.  

• Sad 2