What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Waiting for a big storm coming in. 4-6" of rain expected! 😊

Yes and it is supposed to cause rain and snow all across the U.S.  I am sure your are excited about the rain.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Thinking about @Mee's hubby and hoping he's recovering nicely 🤗 

He is still in the hospital so they can get his pain managed before he comes home.  I will be bringing him home tomorrow.  At least this time we know what we are in for.  The first couple of days are the toughest but you can't keep my husband down long.  

• Like 3

Oh I forgot you had said he was staying in the hospital. The knee surgeries here are mostly outpatient and done in an outpatient facility.

So get a good nights rest, you're going to be busy 🤗

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jillar said:

The knee surgeries here are mostly outpatient and done in an outpatient facility.

His surgery was done in the outpatient surgical unit and though he is in the hospital, it is an outpatient area.  Dr likes to keep them at least 23 hrs. (which is still considered outpatient) to treat them with high doses of antibiotics.  My husband stayed an extra day, because they were having a hard time managing the pain because he can only take certain meds.  I am glad he stayed because the care the first couple of days is 24/7.  I am on the way to bring him home now.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mee said:

The first couple of days are the toughest but you can't keep my husband down long.  

A guy at work had his knee replaced last year.  He only missed about ten days of work and walked with a cane for about four weeks.  Seems like the recovery time for that surgery has improved greatly.

The "Six Million Dollar Man" references and "we can rebuild him" jokes wore thin after a while, but other than that he's good to go now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boo said:

The "Six Million Dollar Man" references and "we can rebuild him" jokes wore thin after a while, but other than that he's good to go now.

My husband is the six million dollar man.  He has also had 3 rotator cuff and achilles tendon surgery. He did a physical job all his life  I think we probably helped put this doctor's kids through college.  I am so excited about being able to walk the dogs together again.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mee said:

My husband is the six million dollar man.  He has also had 3 rotator cuff and achilles tendon surgery. He did a physical job all his life  I think we probably helped put this doctor's kids through college.  I am so excited about being able to walk the dogs together again.  

Good to hear that your hubby doesn't stay down long (that doesn't sound right when I read it back to myself). The people who get up and start walking right away are usually the ones with the best outcomes. Hope you guys are walking the dogs really soon Mee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1