What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, Boo said:

I've finished up my international cultural enrichment program for the day.

We're doing some work on a job with a group of contractors from Sweden.  I was driving to the job site when one of the Swedes excitedly asked: "Is that the Waffle House?"  "It's a Waffle House", I replied. 

I'd have the EXACT same reaction as those guys! THE Waffle House, the LEGENDARY place that (almost) NEVER CLOSES, the mythical safe place! I don't know why Waffle House seems so... epic, I think that thing about the existence of a "Waffle House Index" lol

Edited by justanotherme
fixed a grammar mistake, I think
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, justanotherme said:

I'd have the EXACT same reaction as those guys! THE Waffle House, the LEGENDARY place that (almost) NEVER CLOSES, the mythical safe place! I don't know why Waffle House seems so... epic, I think that thing about the existence of a "Waffle House Index" lol

The Swedes enjoyed their first trip to The Waffle House.  They were a bit overwhelmed by their choices in hash brown toppings: smothered, covered, peppered, chunked, diced, topped...lots of choices and Waffle House waitresses can get a bit impatient.

We also had a lost in translation moment when one of the Swedes asked me about the "jookbux."  After he pointed, I realized he was talking about the jukebox.  "Yeah man, fire it up if you want", I said.

After all these years, I'm only now beginning to understand that the Waffle House is a cultural institution.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Wow !!!.....

Unless I want to look like this ...I,ll wait ...

a14dda41a224e20b0e882f2190ede5d6.jpg

I was going to make a joke about the Moe Howard cut versus the Pete Rose cut.

Then I went to Google images and found this...

image.png.8910c768b0595dc1e4f8d493a4196901.png

Why does this picture exist?  Why was it ever taken in the first place?  What the hell was Charlie Hustle thinking?

I'm willing to look past the gambling allegations, but I don't know if Pete can ever be forgiven for this photograph.

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, jillar said:

I've gotten pretty good at cutting my own hair @Doreensfree, I don't know that I'll ever go to a salon again! 😄

Mee too Jill.  I was letting my hair grow to see how long I could get it but finally got sick of it and cut about 7 inches off.  Who needs the salon?

• Like 4

I'm trying not to get too excited but it appears we're getting another week of winter starting tomorrow! And rain!!

So since I missed the other week of winter in December I'm going to try to make up for it by either cooking beef stew or potato soup. Decisions, decisions 🤔

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, catlover said:

Still eating the Christmas chocs.... down to last few now. Feeling blessed.

Your never ending chocolates reminds me of this classic I Love Lucy episode😂:

tenor.gif?itemid=4901497

• Haha 5

I have spent this weekend going through boxes of paperwork going back to 2005! Since it is 32 degrees here now 🥶, instead of shredding it, going to throw it all into my outdoor firepit later today and watch it burn....while having a glass of pinot noir and maybe toast some marshmallows, too! 😷

• Like 4