What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

3 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

Still snowing real good here but I'm getting ready to go to work soon. God, I love Buffalo weather. 😆

Thanks for the snow pics, Mac.  We don't see that much down here in Raleigh, NC.

I bet you are glad that you no longer smoke and have to go out in that weather for smoke breaks.

• Like 4

I truly love living here. Fall here is my favorite season but I do like the snow. It's not that bad if you dress appropriately for the weather. Like I always tell people, just embrace and enjoy the outdoors no matter what the season or weather.

• Like 5

You are doing good fluffyyellowduck. Anyway you can pass the time without smoking is a good thing. Things will get better. I'm coming up on 9 months quit in a couple days and trust me when I say it. It does get easier with time. You might get an occasional craving but it will be much easier to just push them aside. Have faith in yourself.

• Like 4

Basking in the glorious glow of my self-proclaimed king of all things grilling title.

Grilled up caprese steaks this evening.  I had never even eaten a caprese steak before much less prepared one.

They turned out good...damn fine eating.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Boo said:

Basking in the glorious glow of my self-proclaimed king of all things grilling title.

Grilled up caprese steaks this evening.  I had never even eaten a caprese steak before much less prepared one.

They turned out good...damn fine eating.

What is a caprese steak, Boo? 🤓

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am gearing up for my 5th day of running my garage sale (w BF's help)! Closing in on $1k in things sold! People who come out when it's cold are serious buyers.....lucky for me! Hope to meet and exceed my goal tomorrow!!! 😷

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rozuki said:

What is a caprese steak, Boo? 🤓

I grilled New York strips, but other cuts can be used.  Marinated the meat(olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and oregano).  Right before removing the steaks from the grill, I put a bit of mozzarella and a seasoned tomato slice on until the cheese started to melt.

It looked something like this(without the basil on top because we didn't have any at the house)...

image.thumb.png.5bf3c93f995b9cbf293d484216ad3aae.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting excited about a new job I have accepted and will start a new chapter on January 29th. I have accepted a job with Spectrum cable working in a call center helping people with their cable, wifi or internet issues. I decided on this new direction because I need a better work and life balance.

• Like 7

I've finished up my international cultural enrichment program for the day.

We're doing some work on a job with a group of contractors from Sweden.  I was driving to the job site when one of the Swedes excitedly asked: "Is that the Waffle House?"  "It's a Waffle House", I replied.  Over lunch the subject of guns came up.  They want me to take them to the range to shoot this weekend.

Greasy food and guns...Welcome to America gentlemen.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1