What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

22 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

1. Wondering if Boo got a mini ass.

Two.  The family Boo is now the proud owner of two miniature donkeys.

Here's the thing, miniature donkeys are very sociable animals and like to have barnyard friends.  The farmer we bought the donkeys from was quick to point this out right before he generously offered a special price if we bought more than one.  He introduced us to two young geldings named Peanut and Shorty.  They were born within two weeks of each other and are pretty much inseparable at this point.  Well...you don't want your miniature donkey to get lonely and it would have been a shame to split up a couple of lifelong friends.  And the rest is history.

We haven't brought Peanut and Shorty home yet.  I've got a little bit of prep work to do before they can set up house.  I need to put up some new fencing and build a shelter for them.  Those are fairly simple jobs that I can knock out over the next three or four weekends.  

Peanut.  Shorty.  Welcome to the family boys.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, jillar said:

So in addition to the bouncy house across the street, my neighbors are also doing a drive by happy birthday parade for the little girl. And I'm thinking of taking advantage of it by posting this in my window and seeing what happens.....

image.png.11226a3bc2d445ae1d9fc83f91fbb3ef.png

Will this last you a couple days?

2107725083_CoorsLight.jpg.5288959dd038164d238983a4f57194a2.jpg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh, I see what you did there, Boo and Cash needed to rectify the gender balance, the boys are in the majority again, with a spare.

You never know when an impromptu game of Chicks or Sticks might break out.

For my plan to work...I'm gonna need to teach a black lab and two miniature donkeys how to count to 20.

The devil is in the details.

• Haha 3

Priceless.....

Boo....welcome to the world of children and a wife ....

There is no such thing as one ....and stubborn .....

Why am I not surprised ....you came home with two.....

Thank yourself lucky Sugar Britches didn't want them all.....

Get the wood and Hammer out again ....😁🐸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Cbdave found this recipe and thought I would try it for Christmas.  Bet it is just like a Reese Peanut Butter cup.

BUCKEYE COOKIES

1 box fudge brownie mix

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

4 oz. cream cheese softened

1 cup of peanut butter

1/4 cup of butter, melted

1 cup of powdered sugar

1 large egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine brownie mix, butter, cream cheese and egg in medium bowl using mixer.  Scoop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Makes about 24 cookies

Mix powdered sugar with creamy peanut butter in another bowl.  Shape mixture into 24 balls of approximately 1 inch and set aside.  Bake cookies for about 15 minutes, careful not to overbake.  Place a peanut butter ball gently into the center of every cookie as soon as cookies come out of oven.  Peanut butter will melt slightly.  Let cool 5 minutes.  Melt chocolate chips for 30-50 seconds in a microwave safe bowl, stirring frenquently till the chocolate chips are completelly melted.  Spoon about half a tsp. of melted chocolate to cover the peanut butter.  Let cool to set.

01 cookie.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We went and picked up toys to donate for Toys for Tots for Christmas.  I haven't felt this excitement in a long time.  Look at the cute doll with a golden retriever!  It was all I could do to hold back from playing with her.  Some little boy will have fun with this remote control car. I was in awe  how big it is and that it goes over rocks!  Love spending my quit savings to bring some happiness.

20201210_141244.jpg

20201210_140852.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

Waking up to work to see that there is a little snow on the ground from last night

Earlier today, I saw some goofy chick on the Weather Channel standing on a rooftop in New York City.  She was standing in snow above her knees.  She said the skyline was beautiful.  She also reminded people that outdoor dining is an option again in NYC.  Outdoor dining...in a blizzard...

I've heard of dining al fresco, but wouldn't this be more like dining el freezo ur ass off.

• Haha 4

On 11/23/2020 at 4:16 PM, Boo said:

Peanut.  Shorty.  Welcome to the family boys.

Update on the miniature donkey situation: Peanut and Shorty are home now.  They came home yesterday morning and are getting acclimated with their new surroundings quickly.  The family Boo has spent most of the day playing with the boys and just watching them go.  

Peanut is the runner of the two.  He does kind of a cross between a gallop and a hop and he usually has his body turned almost sideways so he can look around to see if Shorty is following him.  Shorty tags-a-long most of the time but is easily distracted.  He enjoys pushing a yoga ball around and carrying an old bucket...Shorty is easily amused.

Maddie is fascinated by the donkeys.  Sugar Britches is over the moon about the new additions to the family.  Cash is not enthused at all, he barked a bit but mostly acted kind of pouty about new animals getting some attention.

We went out this morning to check on and feed the donkeys.  Got Miss Maddie all bundled up to go out and tend to the animals.  I enjoyed that.  It was a return to simpler times.  The world out there is kind of crazy right now, but we're keeping it simple here on our little piece of land.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1