What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Taking inventory of Christmas decorations and making plans for turning the house into a Winter Wonderland.  This will be Miss Maddie's first Christmas and we're going big-time this year.

We have already been collecting decorations along the way.  This morning I bought more lights, a six-foot tall Santa Claus decoration, and an inflatable Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer that lights up.  Sugar Britches asks me: "are we overdoing it?"  I replied: " we're just getting started."

Edited by Boo
  • Haha 7

13 hours ago, Boo said:

Taking inventory of Christmas decorations and making plans for turning the house into a Winter Wonderland.  This will be Miss Maddie's first Christmas and we're going big-time this year.

We have already been collecting decorations along the way.  This morning I bought more lights, a six-foot tall Santa Claus decoration, and an inflatable Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer that lights up.  Sugar Britches asks me: "are we overdoing it?"  I replied: " we're just getting started."

Can you have enough ?????

tenor-31.gif

• Like 5

On 11/8/2020 at 7:20 AM, Doreensfree said:

Can you have enough ?????

tenor-31.gif

If enough is good, more than enough is better.

And...it's that kind of thinking that led Boo to quit drinking.

• Like 2

Nice day here on the East Coast of Canada! Sunny & warm, at least for this time of year, so we took a drive down to my cousin's place.

IMG_0756.thumb.jpg.49b4152959a40db0b200cb701417ff98.jpg

He owns a seafood wholesaling company. We grabbed us a few lobster fresh off the boat this morning and cooked those tasty little shellfish up for our meal this evening. You can't beat the taste of fresh from the ocean Atlantic lobster, cooked same day. They just don't travel well so we can't eat them at home any more. The taste is just never the same as fresh.

Lobster1.jpg.a0cc9400ac4040a8c040c87345507d7c.jpg

• Like 3

The "regular" TV cable service we have at home is bull sh*t!!!! Nothing but bachelor, bachelorette, and all sorts of other garbage "reality" shows. I've never seen anything further from reality actually! The only way I can watch a movie is netflix, dvd or pay per view. I don't even get decent news channels. I have to figure out what's going on from the internet. The wife says the news is too depressing. She doesn't wanna know. OK, got it. You'd rather watch some tart whoring around with multiple guys then? Lovely!

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, jillar said:

Watching The River Wild, good movie I've seen probably three or four times now...

I was still working as a raft guide on the Ocoee and Nantahala Rivers when that movie came out.  All of us in the business agreed that we needed a Hollywood movie that depicted whitewater trips in a better light.  We had "Deliverance" and "The River Wild."

Not only did I never have a client get seriously injured during my guiding days there were also no kidnappings.  I also never observed anyone with a "pretty mouth" being forced to "squeal like a pig."  Didn't happen on my watch and what folks did once they left the outpost was none of my business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

So in addition to the bouncy house across the street, my neighbors are also doing a drive by happy birthday parade for the little girl. And I'm thinking of taking advantage of it by posting this in my window and seeing what happens.....

image.png.11226a3bc2d445ae1d9fc83f91fbb3ef.png

• Haha 8