What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

It took an hour to get a blood test today. No one is allowed in until they come out and ask for the next person in line. Apparently they sanitize the rooms after each patient and it takes eight minutes for the sanitizer to work. So with six people in front of me it was 48 minutes before I even got in the door. Most of our blood labs are closed temporarily so it's really creating an influx on the few that are open  😞

• Like 3

Going to the dentist today. Have to wear a mask until the Dr. starts probing with the instruments of pain. You have to telephone them from outside before you can even get in and once you do it's hand sanitizer, temp. check. Then they hand you a sanitized tablet with 4 pages of question to fill out and sign before you go into the dentist's torture chamber 😬 

You're almost longer doing all the prelim stuff than you are getting your face drilled 🤨

• Sad 4

Pondering my own inconsistencies and contradictions.

I think superstitious beliefs are silly and irrational.

That being said, I had a debate with a guy earlier today about whether it was good luck or bad luck to pick up a penny that is laying heads down.  He said it's good luck to pick up a penny.  I've heard that if the penny is heads up it's good luck, heads down it's bad luck.

I just hope the voices in my head get on the same page at some point.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I always stuck with Find a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck. But yea I've heard  the tails being bad luck thing. I say if you're worried about it just kick it until it lands on heads and THEN pick it up 😂

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Throw salt over your left shoulder for good luck ....it might get rid of the bad penny ...lol....

I also hate to see Friday the 13th on the calendar.  I've never had particularly bad luck on Friday the 13th, but that silly voice in my head says: look at the date...better watch your ass out there.

I would be remiss if I mentioned Friday the 13th and didn't post this old gem...again.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Boo said:

I had a debate with a guy earlier today about whether it was good luck or bad luck to pick up a penny

Pick that penny up!  You have to be saving for college for that little cutie!  You can fill a whole jar in one parking lot.  Many people don't want to be bothered with them and throw them in parking lots.  I don't care whether they are heads up or down, they still spend the same.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Mee said:

Pick that penny up!  You have to be saving for college for that little cutie!  

I expect the scholarship offers to start coming in any day now.

The little gal is a smart one.  I was holding her the other night and watching "Jeopardy."  She was trying really hard to talk...like she knew every answer.

She didn't phrase her answers in the form of a question, but she's only seven weeks old so we'll give her a pass on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/11/2020 at 5:47 AM, Boo said:

Pondering my own inconsistencies and contradictions.

I think superstitious beliefs are silly and irrational.

That being said, I had a debate with a guy earlier today about whether it was good luck or bad luck to pick up a penny that is laying heads down.  He said it's good luck to pick up a penny.  I've heard that if the penny is heads up it's good luck, heads down it's bad luck.

I just hope the voices in my head get on the same page at some point.

First...it's bad luck to be superstitious.

And pretty sure the saying goes:

See a penny pick it up,

All day long you'll have good luck.

See a penny leave it lie,

You can kiss good  luck goodbye.

We don't have pennies so I'm shit outa luck.

• Haha 3

No penny in Canuckland either. Circulation of the penny for cash tender in retail outlets ceased Feb. 4th 2013. It is still considered to be legal tender, although only within banking institutions, not retail outlets. Reason for taking them out of circulation was that in 2013 it cost $0.016 to produce each penny that was worth only $0.01. Kind of made sense if you look at that aspect. 

Can't remember the last time I used cash, or a check to pay for anything anyway. Maybe 4 or 5 years now? Cards or e-transfer is the only way to fly in this day and age and it fits the Covid issue perfectly as well. We just tap the card on the checkout card reader screen for any retail transactions below $1,000.00. No key pad touchie-feelie action required. Above $1,000.00; you gotta use the keypad for security codes but those are few and far between. Repetitive household bills are all on direct withdrawal and if I should  owe you money for something it's E-Transfer from my bank to yours which can be done securely on any electronic device and the transaction is completed by next banking day.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Can't remember the last time I used cash, or a check to pay for anything anyway. Maybe 4 or 5 years now? Cards or e-transfer is the only way to fly in this day and age and it fits the Covid issue perfectly as well. We just tap the card on the checkout card reader screen for any retail transactions below $1,000.00. No key pad touchie-feelie action required. Above $1,000.00; you gotta use the keypad for security codes but those are few and far between. Repetitive household bills are all on direct withdrawal and if I should  owe you money for something it's E-Transfer from my bank to yours which can be done securely on any electronic device and the transaction is completed by next banking day.  

Most people still pay cash at our checkouts even though we have big signs asking for card only at manned checkouts  and cash or card at self checkouts.. We are not allowed to refuse to handle the cash 🙄😬..  our contactless limit is £45 if you are using your card and £100 for your phone/watch.. 

We still have our pennies and I'm with Jo on the find a penny rhyme.. 😁

• Like 3