What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

4 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

Did some more unpacking and spent more money on things for the new place. Boy, I live a cherished life.

You have more money to spend now Mac ...and you do have a  cherished  non smoking  life ....feels good eh ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Just thinking ...Now did I manage to catch a cold ....when I've only been out of the house once this week .

And wore a mask .....

Hope it's only a cold Doreen and hope you feel better soon!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Planning my second trip to an amusement park.  My first trip was this past Tuesday, 07/14.  I had an absolute blast!  I'm not much of a crier but doing something that made my life feel normal brought me to tears.  Masks are mandatory and social distancing is enforced.  Rides are cleaned every 1/2 hour.  I stay out of buildings except restrooms which I make it quick.  I know there is some risk involved but I love summer so much and want at least a couple activities to make it a little bit fun.

• Like 5

On 7/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, Mona said:

Planning my second trip to an amusement park.  My first trip was this past Tuesday, 07/14.  I had an absolute blast!  I'm not much of a crier but doing something that made my life feel normal brought me to tears.  Masks are mandatory and social distancing is enforced.  Rides are cleaned every 1/2 hour.  I stay out of buildings except restrooms which I make it quick.  I know there is some risk involved but I love summer so much and want at least a couple activities to make it a little bit fun.

You are brave Mona.  My husband and I are so bored.  Our high light, once a week, is going for a drive.  We are beginning to really feel like old people!

• Like 3

it was 42 degrees C here today (about 107-108 F) so the wife & I said; "what should we do today?" when we were having our morning coffee. I told her, "there's about 1/2 of the interlocking stone driveway across the street where the steam shovel destroyed that house last week. Is there something we can do with those interlock stones?" Oh boy, what a mistake saying that was! She immediately figures we're gonna build a semi-nice garden on one side of our house where we never go or even see for that matter. She wants to use the interlock stones to border it on 2 sides? It's just been dirt & a complete weed-fest ever since we moved into the place. Unfortunately, at 9:00 AM I didn't think to take a photo of the "weed-fest" but trust me, it was gross & our neighbour has a walkway leading from their driveway to the back door of their house right beside it and have been complaining about it ever since we moved in.

So, wheelbarrow and pick-axe in hand with the sun already beating on us, we go across the street and start bringing back loads of interlock stones 20 at a time. Between 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM we did what I thought would be impossible and built this little Garden of Eden along the south side of the house in completely unbearable sun and heat! It turned out to be a 4-beer job with frequent trips into the AC inside the house for whatever excuse we could think of at the time.

That done, our clothes dirty and soaked with sweat, we still managed to slow cook a prime rib roast of beef on the charcoal grill which turned into a work of medium rare perfection 😍

At the end of it all, and reflecting on the day, I couldn't help but think what a perfectly productive day spent alone with my partner enjoying the frustrations, hard work and unplanned difficulties of what we seemed to have accomplished capped off with a beautiful meal. I wish everyone could have many of these days. It's all unplanned and just happens when you least expect it.

IMG_0464.jpg.3ca5d4f5208cd1e5f5a4e267c42d03ec.jpg

Oh and both of us as X-smokers .... did either one of us ever even think of having a smoke? I know I didn't and I'm pretty sure the wife didn't either :) 

• Like 7

So @reciprocity you want me to send the fur boys over...they'll get all that ugly green stuff our for ya in no time.

Me...I'm eating dinner...Fish Sinigang(Filipino fish soup)...minus the chillies and bagoong...but so nice for a change. Figers crossed the flathead doesn't upset me. It's like a sour guava broth with fish n veggies...normally I'd add chillies but not game.

• Like 3