What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Feeling good about myself.  I shaved my face last night and was finally able to get a haircut this morning.  Hadn't had a haircut since this whole virus business kicked off.  I had a look going that was a cross between Grizzly Adams and a mad scientist.

I may not have Hollywood "leading man" good looks, but at least I look a little less like the Unabomber now.

image.png.35dbef19ebb99cec5d58305af1fe65e0.png

• Haha 5

Just got done with a phone audit of our business liability. Now, I have to gather documents together to scan and email. Such a joke since that company decided not to insure roofers anymore and dropped us 😠

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

On 5/19/2020 at 11:08 PM, Jordan7 said:

a lovely bonus that you don't have to go broke to get the care you need.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:09 AM, jillar said:

Your health system sounds awesome.

I really do live in the lucky country. So far, since I fell ill last Friday my out of pocket expenses have been $18.60 in medications, $40 in parking and some food supplies that wouldn't normally be in my house. We have social health down under, for everyone. We pay an additional tax each year and it covers medical. Something's are deemed elective, cos you will live without them and there are wait lusts, but most things are covered. I'm home this morning, just having a boring black tea after a second little trip in to Hossy due to some complications, dunno maybe sending me home less than 24hrs after the first op wasn't the best way to go...anyway...all good now on the mend...feet up, very tired but I am off for an iron transfusion on Monday which should perk me up a bit.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've rolling all the change that I've been saving. There is just to much to make it apart of my move into my new apartment. I can't believe how much I have. I definitely have to do this more often next time. I'm just over halfway done and have over $600. I not even counting the pennies...lol

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

looking online how to cook tofu. I cooked some yesterday and didnt like the consistency, felt like rubber eugh!  It was extra firm too!!! dont have a tofu press, I did press it with some kitchen roll, and after many pieces of soggy kitchen roll, it still wasnt like chicken consistency!  wondering should i have baked it before adding it to my dish, it did'nt say to in the recipe!! will give it one more go before  deciding I' m done with it.

• Like 4

first of all, tofu isn't chicken.  If you want chicken, eat some chicken.

use it soft in soup.  blend it up with stock for a protein packed gravy.

take out of pkg and put in a strainer over a bowl.  leave uncovered in fridge overnight.

saute lightly in olive oil and garlic or butter .  take out and spank a little soy sauce on it. eat.

do not freeze.  ever.  the texture is terrible.

appreciate it for what it is, a high protein hit and will accept the flavor of anything you choose.

crumble it and saute it up nice and brown, hit with soy/balsamic vinegar eat.

add crumbled and sauteed  to chili or spaghetti sauce or a curry.

crumble and saute throw in some cheese and chives and eat.

nice soft like scrambled egg.  but, if you want egg, eat eggs.

I eat tofu a lot and have for years.  I appreciate the protein hit.

But, it is not meat and will never be meat.

I like it sauteed in bacon fat because....well....just because.  lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you Sazerac. I wasn’t expecting it to taste like chicken, just have  a chewier consistency. I read it can be chewy, so guess I didn’t cook it properly or for long enough. I will try draining it over night and gently frying as read that will give me a better texture.

the one I bought said it didn’t need pressing, but it didn’t say to drain overnight either. I guess I just need more practice.

i do eat chicken, but trying to have a few non meat dishes too.

• Like 3