What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

I just unpacked a delivery of NEW RAT TRAPS, a BIG BUCKET OF POISON and I AM VERY HAPPY.

The people at my mail joint were laughing at the murderous dark side of my exuberance.

🎶Tra La La La La, A Ratting We Will Go 🎶

• Haha 7

Having the last laugh.

I heard the whispers.  The dismissive giggling at my expense.  What is Boo's deal?  Is he one of those crazy survivalists?  I heard he goes down to Costco every month and fills his truck up with supplies.  Even heard a so-called friend say: "It's just a matter of time before Boo ends up in a bunker with a shotgun and a shit-load of canned foods."

Now the virus scare is in full effect and I'm hearing reports of shortages and outages of basic essentials.  Meanwhile, me and Sugar Britches are busy taking inventory here at the Casa de Boo.

I may be crazy, but there's method to my madness.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Boo said:

Having the last laugh.

I heard the whispers.  The dismissive giggling at my expense.  What is Boo's deal?  Is he one of those crazy survivalists?  I heard he goes down to Costco every month and fills his truck up with supplies.  Even heard a so-called friend say: "It's just a matter of time before Boo ends up in a bunker with a shotgun and a shit-load of canned foods."

Now the virus scare is in full effect and I'm hearing reports of shortages and outages of basic essentials.  Meanwhile, me and Sugar Britches are busy taking inventory here at the Casa de Boo.

Good for you Boo...I've noticed your always well prepared.....Dib Dib....

boy-scouts-handbook-first-edition.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Boo said:

Having the last laugh.

ditto 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't know what everyone in my city uses to wipe but there is no shortage here. I just bought a 12 pack of Scott bathroom tissue thinking there would be. We do have a lot of Palm trees here and they've got long fronds so maybe? 

If I run out I'm using:

3679054708_e07a990a8a_z.jpg

• Haha 8

My m.o. has been that I shop infrequently for TP and paper towels since I like to buy the large multipacks and then not have to worry about it for 6 months. Plus when you have animals (or kids) you need to have an adequate amount of paper towels for various mishaps around the house! I currently have about 36 rolls of TP and about 30 rolls of paper towels on hand as of right now....went to a local store for some other things yesterday and noticed they were out of TP and paper towels!!!! I refuse to panic....yet! 😬

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

If I run out I'm using:

3679054708_e07a990a8a_z.jpg

Hey...speaking of wiping your ass with dollar bills (how's that for a segue?), who here wants to hear Boo's theories about the Federal Reserve?

Anybody?  You in the back?  Okay, maybe later.

• Haha 6

I would love to hear Boo's theory on the Fed res... BUT some people don't see intellectual political discussions/debates as fun and can get their backs up....so saddly it looks like it's a nope...which kinda sucks. 😞

Feelin' a bit ripped off that they cancelled the frickin Grand prix.

• Like 4

G’day 

I’m going into a local shopping centre, there’s little mister 1 1/2 toddling along with mum and dad in tow.

The Mum.....”You realise if we don’t get nappies this time I’m going to cut the towels into 1/2 and make cloth nappies.”

The Dad..... “just like the hippies.”

The Mum.....”Yep.. and with you working from home you’ll have time to wash them!”

The Dad.... To the little Guy “Hey buddy recon it’s time for toilet training! Dad will show you how to piss on the lemon tree?”

The Mum ...... “ Really? Be serious!”

The Dad....  “ I Am”

We live in strange times..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

More oddities from the Aussie supermarket checkouts... unsuccessful monthly shop because there is nothing...no potato's, no rice, no pasta, no flour, no sugar, no bread, no laundry detergent, no onions, no pumpkin, not much meat (butcher had meat), sanitary products, dunny paper....tinned stuff, noodles, frickin cereal....it's like the apocalypse is coming...anyway....I'm at the counter, buying what I can, an the 2 little girls behind me say to their dad...

G1..Dad why is there no things in this shop?

G2...Is it closing down?

Dad...Yeah-nah people are just being stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

More oddities from the Aussie supermarket checkouts... unsuccessful monthly shop because there is nothing...no potato's, no rice, no pasta, no flour, no sugar, no bread, no laundry detergent, no onions, no pumpkin, not much meat (butcher had meat), sanitary products, dunny paper....tinned stuff, noodles, frickin cereal....it's like the apocalypse is coming...anyway....I'm at the counter, buying what I can, an the 2 little girls behind me say to their dad...

G1..Dad why is there no things in this shop?

G2...Is it closing down?

Dad...Yeah-nah people are just being stupid.

Geez, I haven't been to the store for a few days but they were only out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer last time I went.  I'd better go see if there's any food left now. Who is stockpiling all the sausages?? I'm coming over. I'll trade you a can of tuna and a roll of toilet paper. 

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, Jordan7 said:

Who is stockpiling all the sausages?? 

I don't have enough proof to accuse anyone.

That being said, I can't help but wonder if Doreen has a credible alibi.

• Haha 4

Cancelling my tickets for Interstate Travel or trying to - in the hope of getting my money back. Was heading to Queensland, but more cases of the virus have risen sharply, I was advised by medical not to go as I am at an age when more risk is involved. Not unduly depressed about it, but did manage  to get some tissues and wet ones and paper towels so no problem for me. Plenty of Frozen dinners so got those instead I am determined to have a break of some kind. 

• Sad 5

44 minutes ago, forestgreen said:

Cancelling my tickets for Interstate Travel or trying to - in the hope of getting my money back. Was heading to Queensland, but more cases of the virus have risen sharply, I was advised by medical not to go as I am at an age when more risk is involved. Not unduly depressed about it, but did manage  to get some tissues and wet ones and paper towels so no problem for me. Plenty of Frozen dinners so got those instead I am determined to have a break of some kind. 

Awww, that stinks, forestgreen, but good idea to take the initiative and get the uncertainty over with and hopefully get a refund.  At least you have some supplies and a great attitude to keep you company and I'll join you in a frozen dinner party because that's what's on my menu tonight -- the drinks should be superior to the dinner entree, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jordan7 said:

Great idea!  I have 16 rolls of toilet paper.  Any offers?

How about my first born, you can have her...she can do laundry, will cook dinner, makes a decent cuppa tea or coffee...with minimal griping BUT she may avoid school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4