What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Ventured out alone this morning for the first time to get a blood test and unbeknownst to me a urine test. Went pretty good with my new portable oxygen tank, but I'll probably look into one of those battery operated concentrators if it's a permanent thing.

Funny thing about the urine test, I pee umpteen times in the morning and I swear I sat on that stupid toilet for a half an hour and not one drop! Luckily they gave me a to go cup lol. Yes, pee at home and hubby delivered it back to them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, jillar said:

Funny thing about the urine test, I pee umpteen times in the morning and I swear I sat on that stupid toilet for a half an hour and not one drop! Luckily they gave me a to go cup lol. Yes, pee at home and hubby delivered it back to them.

Pissing on command is tough.  Any time I have to take a physical, I drink a bunch of water beforehand.  Go in on a full tank.

"Yes sir, just fill out these forms and the doctor will be with you soon."

"Can I go ahead and get one of those cups?  I'm ready to go!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Boo said:

Pissing on command is tough.  Any time I have to take a physical, I drink a bunch of water beforehand.  Go in on a full tank.

"Yes sir, just fill out these forms and the doctor will be with you soon."

"Can I go ahead and get one of those cups?  I'm ready to go!"

The urine test caught me by surprise. The Dr didn't say anything about it and I didn't see it on the lab order so it must have been in code otherwise I definitely would have done that lol

• Like 4

Feeling satisfied after setting 4 new rat traps and putting more poison around.

Been averaging 1 kill a day, would like to up my average :).

Mardi Gras is in full swing.  Not masking this year but, made some great black eyed peas for itinerant revelers.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Sitting around feeling bloated.  Started the day off with healthy activities: climbing and hiking.  Ended the day with less than healthy activities.  We stopped at a little greasy spoon type joint where I proceeded to eat a cheeseburger the size of my head and a double serving of potato salad.

Gluttony always seems like a good bit of fun until the gas and heartburn kick in.

• Haha 7

Just opened a box of Nilla wafers and much to my delight they're in a plastic bag instead of the foil bag that always ripped no matter how careful I was. Awww, it's the little things in life........

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Listening to Cash, my black lab, bark.

When we got home this afternoon, spotted three wild turkeys in the backyard (two hens and a jake).  This set Cash off in a frenzy of running in circles and barking.

The sun has set and the turkeys left, but Cash is still out back barking.

He's a good dog but he won't listen to reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Woof Woof Woof @Boo

Black Labs are maybe the goofiest dogs.  When I lived up in the CA hills, my Flora Lily hated water.  Weird for a dog with webbed paws. 

She hated it so much, she would jump over little rivulets of rain water lest her toes got wet and the hose would set her to shaking. 

She had a barking problem also, and plenty of wild pigs, raccoons, skunks, deer and Mister Blue the peacock,  etc to holler at.

I am still in The Rat Wars MMXX.

Still averaging 1 dead a day in one of 10 snap traps.

Still....ugh.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Eating my veggies, roast pumpkin and peas...yum yum pigs bum!...wondering if my dad sent home enough peaches to make jam and chutney...so far this summer I have made peach jam, peach n raspberry jam, peach n brandy topping, peach n basil jam...and get home from work tonight to more bloody peaches, raspberries and empty jars...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Eating my veggies, roast pumpkin and peas...yum yum pigs bum!...wondering if my dad sent home enough peaches to make jam and chutney...so far this summer I have made peach jam, peach n raspberry jam, peach n brandy topping, peach n basil jam...and get home from work tonight to more bloody peaches, raspberries and empty jars...

G’day 

Yep what I wouldn’t do for a ‘proper peach’ .....shit bugger bitch bum!!!

Two years ago I spent Christmas with my son in Melbourne. Went to the markets. They were lined up 2 deep to buy done pretty ordinary mangos. The peaches.... wow cheap and Wow Great. 

Mangos... my neighbours had a great year they are rotting on the ground! But a good peach. 

A good freestone. In 1/2. Some goats cheese. A sprinkle of brown sugar. And under the grill. Got to love them

regards Chris

10 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

oooh @notsmokinjo !  Peach n Basil Jam !  

G’day 

Now That sounds bloody good.

regards Chris

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cbdave said:

Mangos... my neighbours had a great year they are rotting on the ground

I cried...I think good fresh mangos is what I miss most about living in Darwin....an NOTHIN says Christmas like fresh mango.

Thanks for the grilled goats cheese suggestion.

Used to make mango n strawberry jam and a spicy mango chutney when I lived up north. 

Peach n Basil jam was because a fluke, had a bunch of fresh basil that was sitting there from making a salad and decided to pop some in with some peach jam. I know dad used it to glaze some pork chops and has been having it with his ham sandwiches. 

Dads nectarine tree was not much chop this year...the smoke seems to have affected the fruit but the peach tree that sits next to it escaped any taint.

• Like 2

For all the bitching and feeling sorry for myself I've done I thought I would share some good news for a change:

in an effort to keep my cat from biting my oxygen line I decided to wrap most of it in electrical tape since I've noticed that she doesn't bite the many wires I've taped where it is. I left about ten feet not wrapped as part of my experiment and I ran out of tape BUT it appears to work!!! She has not touched the taped part of the hose since I did it 😊

I have more really good news to share but for fear of jinxing it won't until it's a done deal on friday!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jillar said:

For all the bitching and feeling sorry for myself I've done I thought I would share some good news for a change:

in an effort to keep my cat from biting my oxygen line I decided to wrap most of it in electrical tape since I've noticed that she doesn't bite the many wires I've taped where it is. I left about ten feet not wrapped as part of my experiment and I ran out of tape BUT it appears to work!!! She has not touched the taped part of the hose since I did it 😊

I have more really good news to share but for fear of jinxing it won't until it's a done deal on friday!

I can't wait to hear the really good news! But no jinxing allowed.  

• Like 5

It's official, after only 33 days on the market and a thirty day close we've sold my mom's house! Huge relief and burden off my shoulders as executor of the trust. It was so hard dealing with a brother who wouldn't communicate with us and totally thought we were shorting him on his inheritance. All he cared about throughout this process was the money which was really sad.... Add to that these medical issues and it was overwhelming at times.

Doing happy dance!!! :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jillar said:

It's official, after only 33 days on the market and a thirty day close we've sold my mom's house! Huge relief and burden off my shoulders as executor of the trust. It was so hard dealing with a brother who wouldn't communicate with us and totally thought we were shorting him on his inheritance. All he cared about throughout this process was the money which was really sad.... Add to that these medical issues and it was overwhelming at times.

Doing happy dance!!! :) 

I am so happy for you, Jillar.  You must be feeling a tremendous sense of relief, this will help you get better quicker too.

and as soon as his greedy hands are on his share of the ducats, you won't have to deal with your loser brother anymore. Ever.

Happy dances all around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1