What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Saturday starts the year of the rat!  Here's what Wikipedia had to say:

The Jade Emperor and the race for zodiacal place[edit]

A popular modern story has it that the order of the animals in the twelve-year cycle was due to a competition between animal candidates, held by the ruler of Heaven, Earth, and Hell -- the Jade Emperor. According to one version of this tale, the emperor's advisors selected twelve candidates from among the animal types, including the rat and the cat. The winner was to be selected based upon merit, as to personal appearance, lifestyle, and contributions to the world. Before the competition, the cat asked the rat for a wake up call in order to get to the show on time; however, the rat apprehensive of the competition, especially as to the cat's apparent beauty, did not wake the cat, who then overslept (and, ever afterwards, the embittered cat became a ratter and a mouser). The Jade Emperor mystified as to why there were only eleven candidate animals to show up inquired of his servants. These servants hastily acquired the first possible replacement animal which they encountered, (a pig). After the start of the competition, the rat achieved first place by performing on the flute while upon the back of the ox. Impressed, the Jade Emperor placed the rat at the beginning of the twelve year cycle (and the ox second, for being so generous as to allow the rat to play the flute upon the ox's back). Then the other animals were placed in order according to the Jade Emperor's judgment.

You and Wee fluffy are clearly in league with the cats.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, forestgreen said:

Sending out group emails. I know how to do this now whoopie!  Also If you noticed I have added images on here too. Does this classify me as an IT expert?

I work for a state government agency.  Places like this are the true definition of a bureaucracy.  There are some highly questionable people leading things here.

I know of several IT Project Managers who openly admit to "not knowing the first thing about computers."

You are already more of an IT expert than the people I just mentioned.  Congratulations.  :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just got back home from dropping off my good buddy at JFK airport in NYC. Made excellent time considering we left at the height of rush hour...love when the stars align! 😋

• Like 6

15 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Watching this sunset out the train window on my way home from work....5 stops to go...and then a bus....

That has got to be the only thing good about riding those trains Jo.  That view is so well deserved and  peaceful after the hassle you go through to ride the trains!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the news and this made me so angry!   Teen items used to disguise vaping utensils!   The fricken tassels on the ends of their sweatshirt hoods, pens and watches!

Every time I see a teen with this huge, thick smoke coming out of their mouths, I cannot believe that there are not laws preventing this.  

Read more on 5 million middle and high school kids are using e-cigarettes; here’s how to spot the signs  at https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/01/31/million-middle-high-school-kids-are-using-e-cigarettes-heres-how-spot-signs/

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Experimenting with playing feel-good holiday music in the background while preparing my taxes.  Thought it might lead to some carryover good vibes from the halcyon days of December; offset the inherent irritability that comes with tax work.

So far...I can't say that it's working.

• Haha 7

On 2/1/2020 at 6:34 PM, Boo said:

Experimenting with playing feel-good holiday music in the background while preparing my taxes.  Thought it might lead to some carryover good vibes from the halcyon days of December; offset the inherent irritability that comes with tax work.

So far...I can't say that it's working.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1