What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

My little Girl Lulu ( Shih Tzu Maltese) Loves Yoghurt Lettuce with oil, Tomato, Tuna, Chicken with Mango sauce, Mince meat with tins of tomato and bacon pieces, boiled eggs, and the list goes on.

Yes she is a Princess, I love her to bits. She has to go to the dentist though, to get her teeth cleaned and maybe one pulled out in a few weeks time. Other than that she is fit and healthy and not overweight, we are both watching our food intake at the moment. I am worried for her she has to go under Anaesthetic which is why it will cost over $500 just for the procedure to start

• Sad 2

Living by the river in the city with a restaurant a few doors down are all red flags. 

Plus an irresponsible neighbor with construction trash issues.

If people knew what close proximity rats co-exist with us in every situation it might frighten many.

Eeek, for sure and plenty of nightmare fodder.

I wrote about the last major infestation here in The Rat Raga (not for the squeamish)

and still wish we could peacefully co-exist like Ratty in The Wind In The Willows.

So GLAD straya got rain !

What kind of cactus are you growing @forestgreen ?  I'm into them also and have a few beauties.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Sit in the shade at a cafe drinking awesome coffee eating ricotta and orange ice cream watching the market traffic.

Hopefully relaxing!

We got our first snow storm today.  It is suppose to continue through tomorrow.  Not bad considering we are half way through January!

• Like 3

So 1.5hrs in and we have left the ground floor makeup section...now on the first floor trying on designer clothes because "lowest tag price less 80%" and I said if you can tell me how much you can try it on...so just tried on 2 cami tops both normally over $100...one now $8 and the other $6. Is a bit annoyed I won't let her get a sleeveless t that says "sex is fun"....because 14!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

So 1.5hrs in and we have left the ground floor makeup section...now on the first floor trying on designer clothes because "lowest tag price less 80%" and I said if you can tell me how much you can try it on...so just tried on 2 cami tops both normally over $100...one now $8 and the other $6. Is a bit annoyed I won't let her get a sleeveless t that says "sex is fun"....because 14!

Wow great sales.  Unfortunately they want to grow up so fast.  Hang tough in that area Jo.  You are doing great!

• Like 1

Lunch!.....at my girls favourite Melbourne restertraunts but feeling a bit sad cos last time I was here I was with Doreen. 

So far she has had a makeup lesson and colour matching, bought some makeup, bought a denim skirt and 2 tops....got fitted for new bras 36F can't get that size on the cheap, will need a loan just for her tit slings!....not sure if it's a good or bad thing that she's comfy walking around in just a bra and her jeans while being fitted!

On 1/19/2020 at 9:39 AM, Sazerac said:

Plus an irresponsible neighbor with construction trash issues

How is operation shaft the neighbours going?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

will need a loan just for her tit slings!....

My daughter was larger busted.  When we were shopping for her senior pictures, she would try dresses on and drop to her knees in tears not finding anything that fit well.  I finally took her and bought her a really expensive form fitting bra.  That was it.  Everything fit beautiful after that.  It is better to spend more for better support.  

Sounds like you girls have had fun.  Keep making those memories!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

How is operation shaft the neighbours going?

Sent the information to the city. Building, permits, historic district, etc.  No progress, no communication.

Trying to contain my fury before I start my phone/email campaign.

• Like 3

Looking out the window at my new car, and wanting to give it another drive! I went out in it last sunday and my anxiety levels were through the roof!!!!! I even thought about smoking! ( old habits and coping remedies) but did,nt. I have been driving my old car for 13 years, and feel so comfortable with it and recognise instantly what all the dials, buttons and levers are for. The brakes are so good I thought I would go through the windscreen when I braked! it seems so much bigger than my old car too, though is only marginally wider!! I honestly felt like a new driver in it. I will get used to it I know. I am going out in it again with hubby tomorrow. Feeling a bit anxious as my old car will be gone in 3 or 4 weeks.

I need my big girl pants on LOL.

Has anyone else felt like this driving a new/ different car. I am a creature of habit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, catlover said:

Has anyone else felt like this driving a new/ different car. I am a creature of habit.

Yes catlover!  The older I get, the more I hate new things.  The new cars have so many new functions on them.  I have been driving my Sienna van for over a year and still am learning

things.  Relax and enjoy that new smell.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Linda, I sort of hate new things and change too, but I can't keep my old car any longer, and I'm so happy I dont have to put it through the MOT another year. Last year when I took it to the garage for it's yearly checks, they were saying " You still got the car then" I found it embarrassing that they kept patching her up lol.

I,m still using my old car, and bet my neighbours are thinking I am strange  using it, with a nice new one to drive lol.

Linda.... I googled the Sienna Van. wow that does look big. I would feel like I was driving a bus driving it haha.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, catlover said:

Linda.... I googled the Sienna Van. wow that does look big. I would feel like I was driving a bus driving it haha

That is small to me.  I drove a school bus for 30 yrs.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I loved the change from a car to a Kombi Bus back in the day. It had a Bullbar on the front, so I was high up and extremely powerful. Now I have my littilast car, and I soon got used to all the functions, now wish I had more buttons to push. (Never satisfied)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/18/2020 at 10:08 PM, Sazerac said:

Killing Rats !  Picking up BIG dead one, feeling great solidarity with @Wee fluffy me and wondering if she has them under control.

They have been eating delicious poison and rumbling under the house at night in their death throes.

:)

Saz, feelin your pain doll,  mine are back again 😳 had to lock the buns up and rat proof their runs.. Thankfully they have set up home in the shed/garden of the neighbour that started all this so I am not at war with them just maintaining the barricades 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Saz, feelin your pain doll,  mine are back again 😳 had to lock the buns up and rat proof their runs.. Thankfully they have set up home in the shed/garden of the neighbour that started all this so I am not at war with them just maintaining the barricades 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

It IS all about maintaining the barricades, isn't it Wee one.  Gah.

I have a half dead family acting like moles and digging out dirt in my raised bed.  WTF, rat burial practices ?  Stoned on poison ?

They have been ignoring peanut butter on traps and sometimes push poison away.  I have to up my game.

Valiant Varminating-ly yours,

S

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1