What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

36 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Uncle Ray the family mechanic says can't go wrong with Mazda or Toyota for a little car. 

Sugar Britches drives a Toyota Avalon.  The car is four years-old and the only repair job needed was replacing an O2 sensor that went bad.  Toyota builds good, dependable cars and trucks.

That's as close as I can come to providing information on "small" cars.  Some people, including the aforementioned Sugar Britches, think this is a really weird fact about me: I've never owned a car.  I've owned trucks, SUVs, and a couple of Jeeps but never a car.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Boo said:

a really weird fact about me: I've never owned a car.  I've owned trucks, SUVs, and a couple of Jeeps but never a car.

Being from down here, I'm a bit geographically stereo type challenged BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT..... isn't that kinda the norm for a red neck state like Tennessee? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Right now, trying to use the force to cook dinner while I sit on my arse with my feet on the proof trying to recover from public transport hell...failing at both.

40min train trip with a screaming 4yo throwing a tantrum because some random other kid wouldn't give her his toy...followed by a bus trip with 2 stinky fishermen, a dead shark (for real) and 12 drunken, yelling teens.

• Sad 7

16 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Being from down here, I'm a bit geographically stereo type challenged BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT..... isn't that kinda the norm for a red neck state like Tennessee? ;) 

First of all, I'm a hillbilly not a redneck.

Secondly, I suppose the surprise comes from the fact that I never had a sports car or muscle car phase.  I was always content to watch fast cars from a distance.  A buddy of mine back in the day had a souped-up Chevelle.  I drove it a couple of times.  Admittedly it was fun to drive a car like that, but I couldn't get around the fact that strapping a canoe to the roof and loading it up with gear didn't seem like a feasible option.  Not to mention the fact that the lack of ground clearance on a sporty car like that would end up with me stuck in a rut on some forest service road miles from nowhere.

Some guys buy a sports car as part of a "mid-life crisis."  Seeing as how I waited until my mid-forties to settle down and finally live like an adult, that's not an option either.  Can't imagine myself strapping a car seat in the back of a muscle car...Hang on Baby Boo, I'm gonna drive this thing like I stole it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hang on Baby Boo, I'm gonna drive this thing like I stole it.

Absolutely Love this !!!!......

What a exciting life little Boo Boo will have ...Me between Big Boo,s legs in the canoe ,and baby boo boo between mine .Riding the Rapids....Yahooooooo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Breathing a sigh of relief.  The high winds and torrential downpours have passed.  With the exception of a few downed tree limbs, we didn't experience any damage here at the house.  A little bit of flash flooding in low-lying areas of the county, but the water levels are ceding quickly.

I guess I'm entertained by weird things, but I'm kinda looking forward to firing up the chainsaw tomorrow morning.

image.png.6d031da52e15ed6509f60fbf1a75e827.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just spent 35 minutes watching the first part of a video that was recommended for me by YouTube.  A vegan and an advocate of the paleo diet were debating one another.  Well, actually, they were nitpicking over semantics and treating cherry-picked findings by nutritional "scientists" like some kind of holy writ.

Might as well have spent that time stacking ping-pong balls or trying to nail Jell-O to the wall.  Abject waste of everybody's time.

• Haha 7

Well I was coming in to say "Looking for a volunteer to go to the dunny and do a wiz for me because I really need to go but have a little kidney infection so was hoping someone else could go for me and save me the pain"  BUT then I read this

4 hours ago, Boo said:

Just spent 35 minutes watching the first part of a video that was recommended for me by YouTube.  A vegan and an advocate of the paleo diet were debating one another.  Well, actually, they were nitpicking over semantics and treating cherry-picked findings by nutritional "scientists" like some kind of holy writ.

Might as well have spent that time stacking ping-pong balls or trying to nail Jell-O to the wall.  Abject waste of everybody's time.

and now I am wonder why the hell you watched it for 35mins????? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Nursing my kitties. They were neutered and spayed last week, and now they have a sickness and diarrhoea bug.  Lady Kizzy has a buster collar on and feeling sorry for herself. They have just been to the vets again, and had an anti sickness injection. All is calm now they are sleeping.....for a bit.......

• Sad 7

11 hours ago, catlover said:

They have just been to the vets again, and had an anti sickness injection. All is calm now they are sleeping.....for a bit.......

Oh, I hope your kitties feel better soon.  My one golden retriever has been throwing up.  I hope I don't have to take her into the vet.

• Sad 4

Thank you Linda, and Sorry to hear one of your golden retriever,s has been poorly. Hope you don,t have to go to the vet.  My Kitties are a bit better today, still not eating much of the bland food diet they are on, but so far no sickness or diarrhoea ..eugh ..to deal with, in fact no stools at all today, hope they hav,nt gone the other way and constipated!!!! 

I am playing relaxing sleep music on youtube and they are out for the count...... bliss, as they were going nuts earlier!!

• Like 3