What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Watching the snow roll in over the Cumberland Plateau.  May not seem like a big deal to those of you in colder climates, but a bit of snow is still an "event" here in Tennessee.

Schools are closed tomorrow.  The grocery stores in town were packed with people stocking up this afternoon.

Don't come around here looking to buy milk, bread, and toilet paper...It's all gone!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I remember my first cyclone watch in Darwin....first thing to sell out...beer!

I would be super excited to get snow. 

G’day 

Snow?  In Darwin?   Bet cha they would run out of Bundy Rum....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I would be super excited to get snow. 

In spite of it being only a light snow, in the last 24 hours we surpassed the snow totals from all of last winter.

The farmers around here are predicting a colder and wetter winter than we've seen in years.  And frankly, the farmers have a better track record of predicting the weather than the local meteorologists...they have more skin in the game than the folks on television do.

• Like 4

On 12/11/2019 at 10:39 PM, Cbdave said:

G’day 

Snow?  In Darwin?   Bet cha they would run out of Bundy Rum....

Did ya know Chris that the first registered ice hockey team in Australia was in Darwin...and they were undefeated world champions for 32 years...until they opened a bloody rink in Darwin... Never lost a game, never played on either just won by default when the other teams didn't show up because there was no ice rink in the Territory... A Swiss team showed up once, the game was declared a draw.

• Haha 3

There was a FedEx box on the front porch when I got home this afternoon...last package that we were waiting for.

So, I'm officially erasing Christmas shopping from the to-do list.

I often complain about technology.  Gotta say though: online shopping is a pretty sweet deal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Boo said:

There was a FedEx box on the front porch when I got home this afternoon...last package that we were waiting for.

So, I'm officially erasing Christmas shopping from the to-do list.

I often complain about technology.  Gotta say though: online shopping is a pretty sweet deal.

My Fedex shipment is late and I'm pissed 🤬  And I payed extra to get it today. .... Excuse me while I unleash the beast.

giphy.gif

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Heading into work on a day expected to be 44C...that's 111F.....and tomorrow? Well it will be 21...so 69...Fricken schizophrenic weather..... although some parts of Aus are expecting 64 today (147).

That weather is insane.  I thought Ohio had schizophrenic weather but you have us topped!

• Like 1