What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

24 minutes ago, Boo said:

Did you ever see that awful cover of "You Shook Me All Night Long" Celine Dion did?

I found the video on YouTube but decided not to post it here.

You're welcome.

Oh God .... NO! Isn't that combination (AC/DC - Celine) unpossible?

• Haha 4

On 10/22/2019 at 8:24 AM, Sazerac said:

My daughter in law received the Holy Valise,

look at her fabulous face !

Look on her face tells all!

Every minute you spent on this will provide a much treasured memory for your daughter-in-law for years to come!

• Like 3

Getting into the spirit of Halloween.  I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but this Jack in the Box employee training video from the 1970s is a spine chilling thrill ride.

*SPOILER ALERT*  I have mixed feelings about Ted.  He is an idiot.  On the other hand...he busts his ass on a wet floor, cuts off a finger in the tomato slicer, hurts his back picking up a box, and falls down a flight of stairs.  Not only did he finish his shift, he was still hustling to get into Tina's pants.  Ted is not very bright, but he is a trooper.

• Haha 4

I made a facebook page years ago just for a couple of games I played. Ironically I don't play either one anymore but I started following our local lost and found page and yesterday saw a post from a mom who's six year old daughter had lost her cat.

I saw a similar cat at our animal services that matched age, gender and date found and posted for her to check it out and THEY ARE NOW REUNITED!!!!

I couldn't be happier to have been able to help this little girl find her kitty. It really made my day :)

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, jillar said:

I made a facebook page years ago just for a couple of games I played. Ironically I don't play either one anymore but I started following our local lost and found page and yesterday saw a post from a mom who's six year old daughter had lost her cat.

I saw a similar cat at our animal services that matched age, gender and date found and posted for her to check it out and THEY ARE NOW REUNITED!!!!

I couldn't be happier to have been able to help this little girl find her kitty. It really made my day :)

How fabulous is that!?  Great job, jillar the reuniter, you definitely made their day, too! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is Halloween evening and I have several bags of candy  for Trick or Treaters (we usually get a lot in this neighborhood).  We are also in a tornado watch and there is a front a couple of hours to the west of here with some very severe storms.  Could be an interesting night for the Trick or Treaters.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

51 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

We are also in a tornado watch and there is a front a couple of hours to the west of here with some very severe storms. 

That front produced some stout winds but no tornadoes here in East Tennessee.  

The temperature has already dropped 31 degrees here today and it looks like we'll get below freezing tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Check-in put the BOM radar...

IDR024.gif?20191101205228

Not that we don't need it but kinda wish we could send some of this to Cali and NSW and QLD.....I'm on the edge western edge (left) of the first yellow blob)...slow moving storm...we were on an asthma thunderstorm watch but this was so slow movie we dodged that bullet.

Are asthma thunderstorms an Aussie thing? Seem to be more a Melbourne thing down here....need a run of days in the 30Cs...northerly winds, plain trees and some other plants in flower....then a sudden temp drop and thunderstorm..boom every ER in Melbourne is flooded with asthma attacks, people die....it's awful.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Sad 6