What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Wrong Turn (the original) was quite good.  I didn't realize it had that many sequels though.

I also liked Final Destination, although I haven't seen Purge.

I saw the late '70's horror film Suspiria a few nights ago on TCM of all places...really weird and creepy movie.

I've also watched some '80's horror this October - An American Werewolf in London, The Howling, Poltergeist, The Shining, and Hellraiser so far.

October is a good movie month.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vivianne said:

Making dinner and dancing the craving away!!!

And really enjoying the freedom of it all...eventhough it feels like a mental wrestling match ;)

Congrats on over coming the first 3 days , it can be really dull and difficult but you will more fresher and fresher as day passes by .

Wow , there is also a second part of zombieland coming soon , zombieland 2 double tap

This is a really funny movie , this is the first movie i  watched completely after 2009 , lol

Edited by Sunshine59
  • Like 4

@Doreensfree

Isn't that how God made Woman ? 

Knitting an inch of Rib ? 

Oh, maybe that was another story....something about Man's Rib ?

What color and what yarn Big D ?

I am tidying up the studio for the next project.

Posted Margaret Mary's Holy Valise yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sazerac said:

@Doreensfree

Isn't that how God made Woman ? 

Knitting an inch of Rib ? 

Oh, maybe that was another story....something about Man's Rib ?

What color and what yarn Big D ?

I am tidying up the studio for the next project.

Posted Margaret Mary's Holy Valise yesterday.

Lol...

It's going to take me a little bit longer than The Almighty....

It's soft white 4 ply ....so it's thin.....should have done chunky ...

But it's delicate ...just like me ...

Oh !!!what. Surprise coming for Margaret....

• Like 3

Thanks Guys, yes love is back in the house. We only lost our Dear Tara on the 30th September, but I hated not having kitties in the house, it just wasnt right. These kittens needed a home, and our door was wide open. They are doing really well and love cuddling up together and play fighting with each other. They are brother and sister. Originally we were only going to have Kizzy, but Bertie ( black and white boy) crawled onto my hubby's shoulder as if to say " Take me too" so of course we had to have him too. They are great company for each other anyway. Here is another pic of Kizzy girl, she's soooo cute.

IMG_4107.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So I had dinner with someone I hadn't seen for 5 years tonight and they still smoke. 

It was really pissing me off that they kept just "popping outside for a cigarette.". Our catch up conversation kept getting interrupted so they could go and get their fix. Each time I sat there on my own just waiting the 5 minutes for them to get back. 

I still can't decide if I was being selfish or they were.  After five years of not seeing me couldn't they have waited 90 minutes to smoke.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I still can't decide if I was being selfish or they were.

Smoking is a selfish habit. No doubt. I think you were well within your rights to be irritated. Conversely, I can remember when I was still in the throes of addiction. I probably could not have waited 90 minutes to smoke. I would have had to go out at least once. Or I would have cut the dinner short in order to get my fix. (The ultimate in selfishness.) So at least your friend didn't do that.

It's sometimes easy for us former smokers to forget how constant the cravings really were when we still smoked. Your friend probably waited as long as they possibly could before getting their fix. It's sad, but it's the reality of an addict.

I hope you enjoyed the dinner in spite of the interruptions!

• Like 8