What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

You guys are really killing me with these meat pies lol. Now I want to make one - only Sweeny Todd style because I'm really frustrated with my BF at the moment and want to turn him into a meat pie!! They rented the fight last and were kicking back having a good time however the ONLY thing I asked him before I went to sleep was NOT to wake me up PERIOD. 

Sigh - well it was about 1:30ish and I WAS sleeping good UNTIL he comes bounding into bed fumbling for the remote, leaning in to kiss me and reeking of smoke and trying to tell me about the last fight as I'm trying to figure out how not to kill him! And snarking off on why the hell he would even bother me knowing how hard it is for me to sleep only to get a 1/2 ass apology of 'geez sorry!'.  The trigger was just too much I had to get up and just leave the room or the murders would have started!!! 

He and I have a deal that after he comes in from smoking from outside - please just give your arms and hands a quick rub down with these wet wipes I have on the counter in plain sight. Just get rid of the smell and be a tad respectful considering. And all that was just bypassed last night. I know they were having beers and a guys night - and I get that. But UGH come on REALLY!! I just need sleep yet here I am, wide awake for no reason other then him being an idiot - rearranged the new fridge just out of frustration then finally just took a Xanax hoping I'll just pass out in a bit. And if not then come around 4AM it's time to start banging some pots and pans and marching into the room with the vacuum full blast just to give him a taste of his own medicine. And rant over! Let the meat pie feast continue!!! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Watching the news and apparently Dim-Wit Donny has managed to piss off even Denmark by cancelling his state visit there due to comments made about him wanting to buy Greenland from them.

Why the concern over this? If you look at a map of Denmark, it's almost the spitting image of Batman.

Would YOU want Batman pissed off at you?

aVqXNVn_700b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Been painting the kitchen ....just sat down for a welcomed glass of wine ...

4 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I did outside painting the other day ....................... then, I fell asleep 😞

tenor.gif?itemid=7741955

I'm painting one bathroom wall where I ripped out the STUPID toilet paper holder

and made a big hole which I mended also.

I had no wine, no nap and the painters tape took off paint where it should not have.

So, I am nailing up a piece of trim like a picture rail to hide the mistake.

That was earlier while waiting for fcuking handy man to show up.  He did not and was fired.  That is two in two weeks.

I should be on the cursing thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I am sitting in a pub not eating a shitty meal while the kid eats her much yummier looking one while I listen to some moron who thinks he is smart butcher history, facts and the meaning of words to his friends at the top of his voice as if he is the smartest man on earth...no Mozart was not deaf, that was Beethoven...and no a philistine is not someone who is uneducated....yes Australians did fight in wars before WWI....no there were not 15 boats in the first fleet.. .. argh

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I listen to some moron who thinks he is smart butcher history, facts and the meaning of words to his friends at the top of his voice as if he is the smartest man on earth...no Mozart was not deaf, that was Beethoven...and no a philistine is not someone who is uneducated....yes Australians did fight in wars before WWI....no there were not 15 boats in the first fleet.. .. argh

When ignorance and arrogance collide...

I try to just laugh it off when I hear some chuckle-head like that droning on.

Besides, with the laws and such, you can't beat 'em over the head with a blunt object.  Tempting as it may be.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:34 AM, Linda Thomas said:

Operation Meat Pies is still going.  We have been at it since 12:00 noon today.  I haven't counted them yet but this is a picture of half of them.  We probably might have the last tray baked by 10:00 pm.  We always had fun doing this with the grand kids when they were small but today has been pure joy.  My grand daughter is a full fledged adult know.  It is so much fun talking the adult subjects with her and her outlook on life.  I am so proud of her.  This kid really has her head on straight.  

Her Uncle stopped in to sample the pies and take some home.  I have never had so many laughs listening to them talk.  

This is what makes me so proud of my quit.  I now feel I will be around to enjoy more years of this.

0.jpg

Wow, they look amazing. What was the event?

Anyway, I am a pie expert of world renown and they look the business. When I say of world renown I mean I should be recognised as such but everyone just laughs when I claim that. What's wrong with everyone with their mocking tone? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

Wow, they look amazing. What was the event?

No event.  Just tradition.  My husband was raised Lebanese and his mom taught us how to make them.  We have had meat pie making days with our grand kids.  They still love to get together to make them and have plenty to take home with them.  You would be welcome to join us anytime.  They taste as good as they look.  

• Like 2

Just fired off a complaint to The Weather Network for displaying this ad on their website. I'm getting tired of seeing this company and others getting away with advertising on websites that anyone can access (Yes; even 10 year old kids and probably younger!!) 😡

250x300px_Summer_Campaign_CAN.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Goofing around on the internet because I don't remember how to be a night owl anymore.

Took a nap earlier.  Now I don't feel like going to bed at my usual time.  Sugar Britches and Cash are both asleep already.

I'm rested and ready.  Don't have a damn thing to do, but I'm rested and ready nevertheless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Spanikopita

Okay, I had to google that and it is a spinach pie.  My grand daughter would love to visit you.  Those look better than the ones we made.  

I can almost smell your kitchen right now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

Okay, I had to google that and it is a spinach pie.  My grand daughter would love to visit you.  Those look better than the ones we made.  

I can almost smell your kitchen right now!

I don't make them into triangles unless I am doing them for special occasion.  Too labor intensive.

I make a few long rolls and slice for individual servings.

Made three, froze two.

OH ! my beef/pork balls are particularly good this time....fresh basil, dill, miso, fennel seeds, roasted hot peppers, asiago

and I didn't 'work it too hard' they came out very light.  Will be great in a sauce.

Would love to have your g'daughter visit.  

• Like 2

In  Chez Sazerac's Test Kitchen.

Virgin run with new modern electric pressure cooker/slow cooker/yoghurt maker/rice cooker.....contraption.

Red Beans came out unbelievably creamy and good and under an hour ?  Very satisfied.

Trying some fancy gourmet rice in it next.

Then all the veg in the house for veg broth/stock

Does anyone here have one of these and can point me in the right direction ?

It has sorely inadequate instructions and no cook book so, I am winging it. 

I am thinking @Linda Thomas must have one.  @reciprocity ?   @Cbdave ?

Who am I forgetting ?

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Does anyone here have one of these and can point me in the right direction ?

Are you talking about the instapot?  There are a lot of recipes on the internet.  I love mine.  It cuts the cooking time in half.  

• Like 1