What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

That's great NoNic! That's the way it's done in the early days, 1 min. & 1 crave at a time. Every craving your beat strengthens you and weakens that Nicodemon who is working against your better interests. Keep breathing through those craves :) 

6 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

That's great NoNic! That's the way it's done in the early days, 1 min. & 1 crave at a time. Every craving your beat strengthens you and weakens that Nicodemon who is working against your better interests. Keep breathing through those craves :) 

Thanks...its crazy that I am craving despite wearing a patch. The cravings are nowhere near as strong but they are still there. I'm not giving up though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoNicChick said:

Thanks...its crazy that I am craving despite wearing a patch. The cravings are nowhere near as strong but they are still there. I'm not giving up though

It always passes given enough time. All you need is an unwavering commitment to take back your life. We here have all walked in your shoes along the path you're on right now. We know there are challenges - lots of them but .... we also know you can get through them. It can get ugly at times but that's what builds your pride of accomplishment down the road. You know you have given all you have in exchange for your freedom! It's worth it - you deserve better than a smokey future :) 

• Like 2

@NoNicChick, just keep looking ahead and not behind you.  Smoking no longer serves you.  When those craves appear,  breath deep and imagine the clean air filling your lungs.

Once the nicotine is out of your system, it is only a matter of redirecting your thoughts.  You can do this!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NoNicChick said:

It is my understanding that patches do not take ALL physical or mental cravings away, they only mitigate them a bit.

Your cravings are going to continue, and wearing a patch prolongs them because you are still administering nicotine to your body.

This is just the way it is, all you can do is power through.

Once you are ready to go patch free, then all physical cravings will be done with in a few days.

Still, mental cravings and triggers will likely continue and may be challenging at times but, nothing that you cannot handle.

A year's worth of triggers will be overcome as you build your successful quit.

I am glad to hear you are not giving up and it is so good to see your NOPE.

Learn all you can, education and commitment are two essential tools for a forever quit.

• Like 3

Sitting with ceiling fan and two table fans....will submit to ice packs later.

Air Conditioning failed.  Oh dear.  Will be a HOT night and not in a fun & frivolous way.

First, a cold shower, the 'cold' water being only tepid at best.

SO grateful I have electricity !

should I order delicious sandwiches ?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

OMG it is hotter that hades.

88 in the house.  Heat index 101 outside.

A very expensive repair to be completed today ?

FIngers crossed, otherwise going to a hotel, I guess.

Crap it is Friday $$$.

It has been an unusually hot summer.  

Hope your repair is done today.  

• Thanks 1

Glad you got it fixed. Seems something happens to our ac every summer. This year it was just the Thermostat and thank goodness my step son owned an AC company. He can and fixed it right away. Now to what I’m doing sitting in bed wondering when i’ll get  to sleep tonight lol. Still don’t have my clock back yet.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Diane R said:

Now to what I’m doing sitting in bed wondering when i’ll get  to sleep tonight lol. Still don’t have my clock back yet.  

Diane, I had insomnia too when I first quit, it's pretty common, I finally took a night time Advil or Bayer and just one was enough to give me a much needed nights sleep. You might want to try it?

I have tried it thanks jillar I slept til 1pm that next day and was right back awake all night. They knock me out for hours lol. I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and set an alarm and get up and be sleepy all day. I have set the alarm but I turned it off 😂 

• Like 1

Me too I can’t take anything like that til after Monday. I’m having surgery not allowed to take it because of the  Anastasia. But if it doesn’t get better after that I will  definitely tried taking it a lot earlier . Thanks for the tips.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sazerac said:

I am in air conditioned LUXURY !

House is cooling down after peaking outside and inside at 95°F (35°C) 

Heat Index 106°F (41°C). 

My brave workers were awesome.

One thing I would have recommended is maybe buy a window AC unit for at least whatever room you are in most and sleep in. I think like $140 for a 5,000 BTU unit that cools a room up to 150 square feet. Not as good as central air but If you run into this situation often then it would be a good backup.

The house I stay at just doesn't have central but both rooms have a window AC and they do fine.

• Like 1

Getting ready for operation meat pie!  

My sweet grand daughter called and wanted to spend time with Papa and Grandma.  She is a Junior in College.  

She wants to make meat pies.

It is a family tradition and an all day process.  You make the bread dough and let it rise, then you make the small balls of dough and let them rise.  You fill them and bake.  We usually make over 100.

We usually do meat ones, but she loves the spinach ones so we are doing them too.

Of course you know Grandma loves her when we are baking meat pies in 90 degree temps.  

Preparing the meat filling tonight.  

0.jpg

• Like 4