What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Listening to gentle soft rain falling intermittently with a puff or two of wind.

Watching radar.  NOLA has luckily been in a dry sweet spot, so far.

Thinking of you and praying you are safe.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Relieved that this storm, so far, has been minimal here in NOLA

and hasn't been a catastrophe anywhere.  No loss of life. 

May have residual showers tonight but, nothing extreme.

Going to sleep, storm preparations and storm watching is exhausting.

I'm going to take one of @WeegieWoman's Duvet Days tomorrow once I get all the shutters opened.

Thank y'all for your all your good thoughts, I really mean that. 

It is really comforting to know y'all are keeping me safe in your thoughts.

May need them again, the season is just starting.  ugh.

but, for now all is fine and dandy.

s

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Getting ready for an impromptu pool party (niece contacted me last night to ask if she could have one for her nieces (they are heading back to their home in North Carolina in a few days). So a few family members and a few of their bff's will be arriving soon! Let the fun begin...it's going to be a scorcher today...90+...perfect pool weather!! 😎 

PoshPrestigiousIriomotecat-small.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rozuki said:

Getting ready for an impromptu pool party (niece contacted me last night to ask if she could have one for her nieces (they are heading back to their home in North Carolina in a few days). So a few family members and a few of their bff's will be arriving soon! Let the fun begin...it's going to be a scorcher today...90+...perfect pool weather!! 😎 

PoshPrestigiousIriomotecat-small.gif

Did someone say ..... Pool Party?

tenor.gif?itemid=8474283

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

..cos it's flippin freezing down here...expecting a rainy (14)..um... 57....it's so cold don't wanna get outta bed...currently 48 (9)...much too cold!

When is your summer Jo?  It is in the 90's here too.  

@notsmokinjo - c'mon, Jo, it's not that cold by you!! 57 degrees is balmy for a winter day...then again when it rains it feels that much colder, I guess.

@reciprocity -  The kids here  would get a kick out  of having a piggie at my pool party!!! Piggies don't have many sweat glands, do you....you would need a mud bath to cool off, no?

It was sweltering here poolside, no breeze whatsoever - I had to bring my oscillating fan outside to move the air around! 🥵

Good time had by  all! 

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 3

Was a perfect summer day here, 27C  (80ish F) & bright sun. No humidity so very comfortable. 

We get so few of these really nice days so I try to stay outside as much as possible :) 

Glad your Pool Party was a hit Roz 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Rozuki ... Turn it up 57 is fribbles weather...in Melbourne it rarely dips below 50 during daylight hours but when the winds coming from the Arctic that can feel a lot lower...today's high was 57 but feels like 42.8 .... I was not impressed....it gets colder inland and in the ranges but let's put it this way...my kid has never seen snow in all her 13 years.

@Linda Thomas ... Our seasons are the opposite of yours....so summer for us is December to Feb.....I've had a 109° Christmas day....which is why I hate the flippin Chrissy song Let It Snow and Its Cold Outside....cos baby it's not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Remember how when you were little you used to stand on empty drink cans so they folded round ya shows and then pretend you were a tap dancer.

Oh alright, I'm not just remembering...but seriously, empty bus stop, in the middle of nowhere..and 2 empty cans on the ground...wouldn't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Remember how when you were little you used to stand on empty drink cans so they folded round ya shows and then pretend you were a tap dancer.

That is an old one.  I actually did that as a child.  I don't think I could have pulled that one up myself.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, catlover said:

waiting for my Grand child to be born....over 30 hours in labour so far........ come on baby .....

Hopefully not a hard labour or she has had one of those new techniques that block the pain.  I will be praying  for you all.  

How exciting for you.  Mine are all grown but hoping my single son would find someone.  You wouldn't like to share a little of that baby love? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GranD baby was born at 1.01am just 3 hours after we left the hospital. She had a hard time bless her, but baby is fine, and DIL getting her strength back. Son only rang me this afternoon, he is exhausted too, they went hours without sleep. So happy for them, not sure if it’s a boy or girl, they are keeping us guessing till we visit later  on. Sooooo relieved, normally I would have smoked my head off with such anxiety, but this grand baby is not gonna have a stinky nanny ...yay

• Like 8

Ah Thanks guys, So proud of my Son and his wife for giving me a beautiful Grand daughter Elyana Ava 💕 I am so in love with her. She so tiny...6lb 6oz. Had lots of cuddles with her tonight....feeling blessed and so glad I don’t smoke any more, she is far too precious to be handled with stinky fingers!! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations on your new little princess. She is a tiny little bundle, make sure your DIL has warm fluffy socks and lipgloss....who knows why but my grandma used to always take in scare pack for all the new mums that had warm fluffy socks and lipgloss (and other stuff) and her witches breastmilk brew and everyone's fave were the lipgloss and socks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, catlover said:

Ah Thanks guys, So proud of my Son and his wife for giving me a beautiful Grand daughter Elyana Ava 💕 I am so in love with her. She so tiny...6lb 6oz. Had lots of cuddles with her tonight....feeling blessed and so glad I don’t smoke any more, she is far too precious to be handled with stinky fingers!! 

You do know we will all be waiting for cute baby pictures.  

• Like 1