What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

I love me a nice battered scallop deep fried from the chippy...but Reci's bbq ones sound spesh...and he said the magice word...pineapple!.... Oh Reci have you cracked an egg into the middle of a pineapple ring on the barbie? That's real nice.

• Like 2

LOL - yes! Everyone's welcome but the cost of airfare might just out-weigh the value of the Scallops :) I know where these came from though because my cousin Richard caught them, froze them in brine so although they were frozen for transport, I know they will be ultra tasty and the price was right 😉

And yes Jo, a small chunk of pineapple between the scallop and the bacon really sends your taste buds into overdrive!

Especially smoke-free taste buds :)   

• Like 4

Have you ever tried bacon wrapped pineapple? It's SOOOO good! 

I just got back from pulmonoligist and was happy to hear that there are no masses in my lungs! I was so worried, I waited until the last minute to have my chest xray because I didn't want to worry for six weeks! I do have some fibrosis and a small infection that he's treating with antibiotics. Apparently they have seven patients who all clean houses for a living that have fibrosis also. So owning my cleaning business and breathing those chemicals for 20 years did more harm than the smoking did 😞 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

I just got back from pulmonoligist and was happy to hear that there are no masses in my lungs! I was so worried, I waited until the last minute to have my chest xray because I didn't want to worry for six weeks! I do have some fibrosis and a small infection that he's treating with antibiotics. Apparently they have seven patients who all clean houses for a living that have fibrosis also. So owning my cleaning business and breathing those chemicals for 20 years did more harm than the smoking did 😞 

Good to hear jillar.  I had no idea you were worried about that.  

You had a cleaning business.  God bless you.  That is hard and repetitive work.  Hope you are feeling better soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Linda Thomas, thank you. Yes, my asthma has been so bad all year that I thought the worst and was expecting him to tell me that I needed a CT scan because of masses so what a relief to hear that there was no masses. I do have COPD too which was expected also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

I have not tried that. I'm curious as to how that is done. I'll goggle it. I love pineapple and (dare I say) bacon 😍 

I'm hoping that would be something I could BBQ as well :) 

I worked in the printing industry for over 40 years and before the digital age, everything was processed through a chemical bath containing god knows what chemicals. I'm sure those fumes were not particularly good for the lungs and possibly dangerous. I had a CT scan a month or so ago because my Dr. wanted a better look at my lungs than what an X-ray was showing him. Haven't heard anything yet. Hope that's a good sign?

Glad you didn't have any unusual crap attached to your lungs Jillar :)  At least we have all done the best thing we can do - we quit inhaling crap into our lungs! We can't change what we have done in the past but we can certainly take an active role in preventing further damage!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hope your results are good @reciprocity, I think no news is good news so I'm thinking the best for you :) Yes, we b.b.que the bacon wrapped pineapple. We use the pineapple chunks and then cut the strips of bacon into thirds and wrap each chunk of pineapple then throw it on the grill until the bacon is cooked. So freaking good! Just make sure not to overlap the bacon, that's why we cut into thirds, no one likes raw bacon 😝

bacon-wrapped-pineapple-bites-imagery.jp 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

home.

went out for D batteries for my little fan  because I know what a difference this makes.

I did Katrina for a fortnight.

On my sojourn, I met many old friends and we just had to have a shot.

Now home. Shutters closed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

home.

went out for D batteries for my little fan  because I know what a difference this makes.

I did Katrina for a fortnight.

On my sojourn, I met many old friends and we just had to have a shot.

Now home. Shutters closed.

Stay safe, @Sazerac 

I feel for anyone going through these tropical systems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jillar said:

Hope your results are good @reciprocity, I think no news is good news so I'm thinking the best for you :) Yes, we b.b.que the bacon wrapped pineapple. We use the pineapple chunks and then cut the strips of bacon into thirds and wrap each chunk of pineapple then through it on the grill until the bacon is cooked. So freaking good! Just make sure not to overlap the bacon, that's why we cut into thirds, no one likes raw bacon 😝

bacon-wrapped-pineapple-bites-imagery.jp 

OK - YES!! That looks delish 😍

Now imaging a piece of scallop sandwiched in between the pineapple and bacon somewhere - heaven! That's exactly how I do mine, with a toothpick holding everything in place - Oh YUM!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

@reciprocity ...well I've been saving for a car....might just hop a plane instead 🙃

LOL - You're welcome any time! I'll post pics when I do the cook - just as extra incentive :) 

And YES! Stay safe Saz! Looks nasty. Lots of rain.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was going thorough some stuff I gathered together at my mother's house when I was there last month. She was tossing stuff out and I wanted to make sure there were no personal documents that should be shredded.

Here's an interesting item. A Young Ladies Journal from September 1887. That's over 130 years ago! It's in pretty rough shape because the paper is starting to disintegrate. My mother says her mother gave it to her when she was just a kid. Somehow she kept it around until now 😮

xAB8ABv.jpg

It's got some fashion of the day pages for ladies and kids.

6oenYmk.jpg

And of course some advertising pages to pay for the publication costs:

DL8itr6.jpg

Hey! When was the last time you ladies went bustle shopping? Tell the kid you're taking her bustle shopping @notsmokinjo .

That'll be an "Ah Mom!" moment - lol.

wqAuLhZ.jpg

Really shows just how much the world has changed in such a relatively short period of time. The invention of the telephone was only 11 years before this publication date! I guess there was no "on-line" shopping?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Listening to gentle soft rain falling intermittently with a puff or two of wind.

Watching radar.  NOLA has luckily been in a dry sweet spot, so far.

5753ba74853bceadd3d25bc0157621785e627fb7cd0f0b94b7fd50c2e84df9c3.thumb.gif.b37c111a9a44f5fb7cb713c2696e586c.gif

Wow Saz! Big system dumping a lot of rain over a large area it appears. Stay safe and as dry as possible!

• Thanks 1

Oh Reci thanks for sharing those pages. That's such a great save. Think of all the history that book has been around for. Saddly I could tell the kid we were going shopping for barbed wire and she'd be excited....I'm sure that word shopping has bells and whistles going off in her head...she is so not my kid at times...as for explaining history....here's a fun activity try and explain fax machines to a thirteen year old and her friends...they thought I was making it up so they googled it.😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Hey! When was the last time you ladies went bustle shopping? Tell the kid you're taking her bustle shopping @notsmokinjo .

Those would be great for hiding the back end I have acquired lately.  

• Haha 6