What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, Jordan7 said:

Be careful out there, sazerac!   It the flooding already looks terrible from the videos I've seen, at least in some areas.   

Alright guys, prayers are coming your way.  Does not look good out there.  

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Jordan7 said:

Be careful out there, sazerac!   It the flooding already looks terrible from the videos I've seen, at least in some areas.   

Thanks, EVERYBODY !!!

yep we had almost 8" earlier this morning, my street flooded (as it does with any rainstorm)

and pumps were slow but, nothing inside house. I'm 4 or so feet above the sidewalk.

We've dried out pretty well for this bout but, staying on high alert. 

This storm is v. weird already and things will start getting interesting in the coming few days.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 4

I have been doing some power washing of my teak table and chairs in my backyard (whoo - it is hot and humid out there!!) and my hose has developed a few bubbles and it will have to be replaced.....but it is frozen onto the spigot!! I tried wd-40, a wrench....won't budge. Luckily, I have a buddy staying with me and he is going to help me remove the whole darn thing and replace it with a new one.....

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

I have been doing some power washing of my teak table and chairs in my backyard (whoo - it is hot and humid out there!!) and my hose has developed a few bubbles and it will have to be replaced.....but it is frozen onto the spigot!! I tried wd-40, a wrench....won't budge. Luckily, I have a buddy staying with me and he is going to help me remove the whole darn thing and replace it with a new one.....

spray w/ wd-40 and let it sit for a while,  re-apply for a few applications and let it sit

then tap tap tap with your wrench (not too hard, just tap tap tap tap)

try then.  Sometimes it take a few douses of wd-40.

You might also try hot water or cold water.

It is always something, that's for true.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Another thing WD-40 is really good at is removing adhesive residue from a surface. A little spray, let sit for a moment then wipe away the sticky adhesive residue.

My friend, Mike, used to spray it on his elbows and knees and said it relieved his arthritis

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Clearly you peeps haven't had a Mossimo's Pizza yet!

NOPE....clearly I have and clearly it was found wanting.

Saz...keeping NOLA and all her wonderful creatures in my thoughts and prayers, even the not so wonderful ones.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Paul723 said:

Get ready for a big rainmaker Saz.  Have a look in your freezer and eat what you can; hurricane cooking you once called it.

I just finished up the leftover Legendary Gumbo from Jazz Fest '19, lol.

Making pork balls (sorry reci).

Plenty of a really awesome red sauce to go through.

A couple of casseroles...a homemade eggplant/zuch Parmesan, a roasted corn pudding.

So, yes my friend, I am living large.

Sipping on lemon, ginger, or hibiscus ice cubes in fizzy water

(with a dollop of Gin).

They will need a fork lift (or a ladle lift) to evacuate me, lol.

S

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Sorry to be off topic but ....... Another thing WD-40 is really good at is removing adhesive residue from a surface. A little spray, let sit for a moment then wipe away the sticky adhesive residue.

WD-40 also works like a charm in getting the headlights on your car clean.  I've found that it works better than any of that stuff they sell at the automotive stores.  And it's cheaper.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, reciprocity said:

giphy.gif

Don't swear at me!

Me: sitting on the bus trying to decide what to get for tea at the chippy....should my flake be grilled or battered...should I get butterfish instead...do I want potato cakes or pumpkin cakes or both....chicken salt or plain...a crab stick, some prawns, some muscles, a scollop or two....calamari rings?????? Argh! Farkle darkle, who does decisions on the weekend?

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Don't swear at me!

Me: sitting on the bus trying to decide what to get for tea at the chippy....should my flake be grilled or battered...should I get butterfish instead...do I want potato cakes or pumpkin cakes or both....chicken salt or plain...a crab stick, some prawns, some muscles, a scollop or two....calamari rings?????? Argh! Farkle darkle, who does decisions on the weekend?

LOL - I'd be one of the last one's on the planet to go Vegan.

Speaking of Scallops, I just remembered I brought back 4 pounds of those delicious little molluscs from my trip down east in June. Time to thaw out a pound of those little fellers, wrap 'em in bacon with a piece of pineapple then on to the BBQ!  

• Like 4