What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Yes, that's the one that had my blinds and porch swing moving last night. It moved a planter pot in the bottom of my pond about 8 inches from where it was too!

That must have been unnerving.  Let's hope that is the last of that.

• Like 1

It was kinda exciting @Linda Thomas. We rarely feel them here on the central coast. And it definitely won't be the last of it. If you Google California earthquakes you'll see we have 100's everyday but they're usually really small and don't do much if any, damage.

1 hour ago, jillar said:

It was kinda exciting @Linda Thomas. We rarely feel them here on the central coast. And it definitely won't be the last of it. If you Google California earthquakes you'll see we have 100's everyday but they're usually really small and don't do much if any, damage.

You brave soul.  Bet you had an extra beer.  I tease my brother all the time (he is in Redondo Beach) about the big one coming.  He just laughs at me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

On a happier note, I'm making triple choc chip bickies for the kid to take to her mates place tomorrow and the whole house smells yummy

I thought I smelled something good. 

I am making a quadruple batch of Grandma's homemade sweet rolls for my Grandson's graduation party.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

On a happier note, I'm making triple choc chip bickies for the kid to take to her mates place tomorrow and the whole house smells yummy.

Yum !!!!....I can smell them all the way here in Liverpool...

• Haha 1

I'm harvesting the catnip I grew in a planter this spring. Cut 4 pretty decent size branches that were flowering and have now hung them in the basement where it's cool and dark. We'll see how long it takes for them to dry. Fed one of the withered, brown leafs from the bottom of the branch to the cat and she gobbled it - lol. Now she's rolling around on the counter smelling the counter top where the branches were.

Patience my flower .... patience. You will one day reap the rewards of this harvest :) 

1uzcvgizw3411.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

I'm hoping the bacon I just had for dinner wasn't related to @reciprocity 😄

And yes, I'm having a beer 😋🍺

baby-pig-bacon-seed.jpg 

After golf yesterday we went to a super delish pizza place and they had Coors Light on special .... we had an ice cold pitcher sitting on the patio in the 100 degree heat (we were in the shade mind you). Does life get any better? :) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Does life get any better? :) 

Pizza and Coors Light, no,  life doesn't get any better than that! 😊

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I wouldn't give to have a piece of pizza or a steak.  On the fourth week of three months of healing from dental surgery.  Is it Donald Duck who used to lisp.  That is what I sound like

when I talk.  Geez, I can't even yell at my husband with meaning.  

• Haha 5

Watching the weather and collecting water, arghhhh.

Feeder band rolled in this morning with non-stop thunder/lightening and lots of water. 

All calm now, for the moment but, what a weird storm.

143913_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.thumb.png.e5d54b14d3073a275053457be30c5bf2.png

• Sad 6

My husband was on vacation this week.  I had a big Honey-Do-List.  It is 90 degrees out there but we are painting the shed.

Or I should say I am supervising painting the shed.

He bought this great Wagner spray painter and it is going along quite nicely.  (Though he did have to do the ladder a few times, which is scary at his age)

This is really hard work supervising and thinking of all the things that new spray painter is going to paint........the inside garage walls, the closet doors, the basement and oh yes, my kitchen cabinets.  We have been here 28 years and some updating is do.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I almost forgot ...... the other day when I went golfing for the first time in about 15 years, I found two lighters in one of my golf shoes - lol.

No cigarettes, just 2 lighters. Go figure! Oh and I didn't have any trigger to smoke while I was golfing either. Never crossed my mind even once. I just realized that now. I used to smoke while I golfed of course so I'm a little surprised I didn't have any thoughts about smoking while I was waiting at a Tee box or something. Anyway, it's all good, except for the golf game. My score sucked big time!!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Watching the weather and collecting water, arghhhh.

Feeder band rolled in this morning with non-stop thunder/lightening and lots of water. 

All calm now, for the moment but, what a weird storm.

143913_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.thumb.png.e5d54b14d3073a275053457be30c5bf2.png

Be careful out there, sazerac!   It the flooding already looks terrible from the videos I've seen, at least in some areas.   

• Thanks 2