What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

3 hours ago, Moonglyn said:

Today was one of my planting days. Planted two and watered the lawn. The pup decided to lay under the sprinkler. It was not that warm. But he enjoyed it. I still have one more to plant and then my pots.  I always get in the mood to do this late in the season.  This is going to be a kick back weekend or so I hope. It can change in a moment.  

Have a great weekend all

Eleanor

Moonglyn, I love to plant and do yard work.  I have all my pots planted and they are beautiful considering all the rain we have had.  

Have you introduced yourself.  I love following new members and supporting them along the way.  It looks like you have been quit two months.  Glad to see you have joined the forum.

it is a great place for support.  

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Ironing a flipping white shirt for the kid...cos she has an extra uniform day this week (normally pe uniform 2 days and winter/summer uniform 3 days) cos it's end of term mass..frickin hate ironing.

You would think the uniforms come in wrinkle free.

She is still in school.  All the kids are on summer break here in the US

I try to stand next to the dryer and hang them as they are still tumbling.  I also have a steam setting on my dryer that helps.  

• Like 1

Winter down in the wonderful land of Aus...today is their last day of term 2 so they get a 2 week break...but back to school mid july. So our lot get 6weeks in summer, or as we know it the Christmas holidays, then 3 * 2 week term breaks private/Catholic schools tend to get more, especially high schools.

Oh and we don't have a dryer at our place, we use the clothesline ..lots of us have dryers but most people I know really only use them if the rain won't stop. 

Dunno why..maybe we are just tightarses and don't want to waste money in the power bill...or maybe it's to do with national pride in the hills hoist.

Edited by notsmokinjo
Wonderings
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh and we don't have a dryer at our place, we use the clothesline

Now I know you are superwoman.  You work, iron and hang your wash on the line.  Please don't tell me you use a rock to wash the clothes on.  

I could not imagine working and doing all you do.  

They keep talking about going to those type of school schedules here.  I would not have made it driving school bus if we didn't have the 3 months off in the summer.  

• Haha 1

Watching a totally trippy movie on FX called Split, but omg so many commercials! The movie says it's three hours long but I swear an hour of it is commercials and behind the scenes info. If it wasn't so good so far I would have changed the channel by now....

Oh and drinking a beer 😋

• Haha 1

Eating dinner ...

So the guess who cooked dinner in my house....

spacer.png

IMG_20190630_215727.jpg

It's a huge upgrade from cheese toasties, 2 minute noodles (ramen) and tinned tomato soup....

Verbal critique: Omg this is grouse, tastes so good. You must be really learning stuff in food tech (home ec)

non-verbal critique: mash spuds, watery, and yet lumpy with an odd taste...snags bloody perfect, beans pretty good but cold, kumera chips too salty and soggy...gravy different....

So the mash...got confused, and used whole egg mayo instead of sour cream.."they are both white". Kumera chips (I give mine a quick spray and then cook in the oven....she boiled them in water full of stock cubes, then shallow fried them in drippins)...and the Gravy....she added Vegemite and tomato paste for flavour, then couldn't get it to thinken up so added an egg yolk.

The tomato sauce (ketchup) smiley face was because "plating is important mum, you eat with your eyes first"....

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I just made a beef stew with 1kg stewing steak. 3 onions. Some Turnip and carrots. And gravy. In oven for 2 hours. Then let it cool and spooned it into casserole dish. Then chopped up the haggis and blobbed it throughout the casserole and then topped with ready made puff pastry brushed with egg! And popped in oven until golden bout 45 mins. I thought the haggis might get lost but it really didn't. And added great flavour. We just finished it off there ha lol 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

I just made a beef stew with 1kg stewing steak. 3 onions. Some Turnip and carrots. And gravy. In oven for 2 hours. Then let it cool and spooned it into casserole dish. Then chopped up the haggis and blobbed it throughout the casserole and then topped with ready made puff pastry brushed with egg! And popped in oven until golden bout 45 mins. I thought the haggis might get lost but it really didn't. And added great flavour. We just finished it off there ha lol 

Thanks for sharing your secrets.

• Like 2

Feeling lucky to have avoided what would have been one of the goofiest car wrecks in the history of automotive travel.  I was behind a work truck earlier today that had a porta-john on the back.  I laid back a few extra car lengths when I saw the john shifting around more than it should have been.  The truck starts to accelerate climbing a hill and the crapper fell right off the back of the truck.

I'm relieved to have avoided the wreck and also not have people laughing at my misfortune...

What happened to Boo?

He hit a shitter on Highway 27.

• Haha 7