What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

15 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Isn't the wedding getting close?

Three weeks from today.  As the big day gets closer, it starts to feel more and more surreal.

Not to mention nerve wracking.  A guy I work with was laughing at me this week when he saw that I was getting nervous.  He thought it was weird that a guy who canoes Class V whitewater and climbs mountains would be nervous about a wedding.  I tried to explain that I know what I'm doing when I'm paddling and climbing but don't know my ass from third base when it comes to weddings.  

30 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Hey bud.  You better be taking care of those balls.  

"Don't forget the balls" is a line I removed from the vows during the editing process.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Boo said:

Three weeks from today.  As the big day gets closer, it starts to feel more and more surreal.

Oh Boo, I am getting excited for you too.  Everything is going to go great.  We have prepared you for the "what could happen dept."!  Don't worry, we will be sure you are versed on how to navigate the everyday grind.   You certainly waited for that special one.  

Praying for beautiful weather and anxiously waiting lots of pictures!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

No, I'm drinking alone watching LMN, Pyscho Granny lol.  What are YOU doing?

We just watched a movie The Old Man and a Gun.  I think it is Robert Redford's last film.  He is getting pretty wrinkly but still has that charm.  Maybe I need to watch the Psycho Granny.  There just arn't many good movies anymore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

There just arn't many good movies anymore.

I was watching a baseball game last night and they showed a commercial for a reboot of "Child's Play."  That movie where the demented little doll becomes self-aware and goes on a killing spree.  They changed the name of the doll from Chucky to Buddi and included some shots of smartphones and drones, you know...gotta keep it current.  Other than that, it's just a straight-up remake.

Was there any real demand for this?  Was the movie-going public clamoring for Chucky 2.0?  Or was Hollywood just being lazy and figured they could polish that turd one more time and sell it again?

Edited by Boo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Wondering what to try today on my George Foreman grill. It is my new toy but no doubt it will end up in the cupboard with all my other toys :)

I am surprised they are still around.  We used ours quite a bit years ago but it ended up in the cupboard.  I think we liked hamburgers and chicken breast in ours.

My husband used the outside grill all year round.  

4 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

I am surprised they are still around.  We used ours quite a bit years ago but it ended up in the cupboard.  I think we liked hamburgers and chicken breast in ours.

My husband used the outside grill all year round.  

I did part of a fried breakfast and it was really nice :)

• Like 2

Wondering why American programmes insist on doing really weird British accents. WE DONT TALK LIKE THAT lol. 

It's like America watched a really bad 1950's British film once and think that's how we talk. 

• Haha 2

They used to have The Benny Hill show here in Canada many years ago.

Lot's of half naked women running around all the time. Do you gals do that over there? 

If so, I'm booking my ticket 😍

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, reciprocity said:

They used to have The Benny Hill show here in Canada many years ago.

That show had it all: half-naked women, dirty jokes, funny songs, innuendo, double entendres, a little bald man getting slapped on the head...

And the combination of Yakety Sax and fast-motion sequencing can make anything funny.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Wondering why so many people log in but don't post??

I have been incredibly busy lately.  I log in but my brain feels too exhausted to think what to post.  Looking forward to my lazy summer days.

• Like 1

Just finished watching Jeopardy.  This James Holhauzer guy, that is a professional and just keeps winning is really starting to drive me crazy.   I hate Jeopardy but have gotten hooked into watching because the guy is unbelievable.  I do, however, feel if he gives that cheesy, smart ass smile again that I want to smack him!

• Haha 2

I usually don't watch jeopardy but tuned in to see him and he cracked me up when he said he had thought of a different career before he realized being a contestant on jeopardy was a viable career option lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

I usually don't watch jeopardy but tuned in to see him and he cracked me up when he said he had thought of a different career before he realized being a contestant on jeopardy was a viable career option lol.

He is definitely a character.  He must have a photographic memory.  No one can be that smart!

• Like 1

Getting ready to watch Paradise Hotel on Fox and after the mets playing the dodgers on the west coast. Last night the mets blew the game and this guy they call Frank The Tank posted a video out of his frustration. If you want a good laugh watch it. You shouldnt need an acct to view the video

• Haha 2