What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

@Linda Thomas, had to put it in me or hubbys name but yes it's mine :) Ladies trip to check out mobile home parks?  😂😂😂

Ps. Here we put titles in either 'and' or 'or'. We prefer the or because if something happened to one of us we wouldn't have to redo a bunch of paperwork

Edited by jillar

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Ps. Here we put titles in either 'and' or 'or'. We prefer the or because if something happened to one of us we wouldn't have to redo a bunch of paperwork

I suppose now that I am getting old,  I should be thinking this way.  We always put one car in one name and one in the other.  I use to tease my husband I needed one in my name for when I decided to run away.

By putting in both names we get our license plates at each others birthdays.  

• Like 1

Alas, most of the ships were gone today @Joe7 but my pal got a snap of this one remaining. I think the little boat you can see is a tug boat. Always amazes me these wee tug boats pull along the big ships! I'm kicking myself not getting a pic yesterday, it was a mesmerising sight! 

20190331_172221.jpg

• Like 4

That must have been a mesmerizing sight yesterday Weegie to see seven of them there under different flags. I'm glad your pal was able to get this shot. Tugboats fascinate me as well. Hey, is that the Armadillo in the distance off the bow?

• Like 2

During the winter I mentioned to Reci on a post that I would like to move to a country that's warm all the time. So I have actually decided to stop thinking about it and do something about it. 

Right now I am looking at some houses abroad and planning a week end to go and view some of them 😀😀

• Like 5

On 4/1/2019 at 10:54 AM, notsmokinjo said:

Well ya not coming here...takes more than a weekend just to arrive....how do the kids feel about an expat mum?

I couldn't deal with the spiders and snakes there. 

My kids are in their late twenties and thirties so have full lives off their own. I will keep my house here so I can come home whenever I like. 

If I moved to say Scotland it would take them 7 hours to drive up to see me. If I move abroad it would take less time so I'm almost closer being in another country lol 😀

• Like 2

My mum and step dad moved abroad when I was hmmm say 26/27 something like that. Our close knit family went a bit (big bit) tits up. Took a few years mind. But now totally fractured.

I dont want to throw a spanner in the works! But it will totally change your family dynamic! You might be far more central to your family than you realise. Like a thread that holds everyone together. 

I'm not trying to put you off at all! Just a wee fore warning of what can happen. I'm such other can vouch for it a great idea and works out fantastic . Just kinda saying it needs consideration kinda thing. You know I come from a good place @Lilly

• Like 2

I hear you @WeegieWoman and I appreciate the honest input. 

My daughter is the oldest and she bosses the boys about. They just do whatever they are told even as grown men lol. We all have a good relationship but the three of them have a great relationship. 

The flip side is I've put everyone but me first my whole life. Every choice I've ever made I have always thought about how my decisions will affect other people. While all my children, family and friends are living their dreams I've always made sure I'm the thoughtful wife (not now obviously) and mother. I'm nearer 60 than I am 50 and I want to live some of my own dreams now. I don't want to leave this world not having done anything for me. 

My kids are each the glue that holds their own families together now 😀

• Like 6

So sees newsflash on my phone about how bad the snow is all over Britain and how difficult driving conditions..

First this...

20190403_195724.thumb.jpg.db7c9db1697a1112dd7bbdea6927bc71.jpg

Yep that's a bit of snow alright..

Then a wee bit further down the map..

20190403_195752.thumb.jpg.d49a418e3666fa8e5df37c831881fb53.jpg

Hhhmmmm.. I'd say that's just a dusting..

But wait until you see poor London...!!

20190403_195815.thumb.jpg.449ae7f174dbc4025234286504fab10a.jpg

How ever will they cope..!!🤣😂🤣😜

• Haha 4