What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Lily:

Yesterday was a realy hard day for me,  I am like two months NOPE,  Before this I was 11 months Nope.  and in between when I was smoking it got nasty, I was coughing, I had a hard time breathing, my breath and clothes stunk and this was what I noticed not my family.

I surrendered to some sad hardships back then and I look at what a waste of my time and health those months smoking,  we can do this and we can kepp this, we just need to want it more than the addiction wants us to smoke.  For me I refuse to have my live controled by a chemical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Opah said:

and it felt like an Auzy club from down under.   

Wondering what an Auzy club from down Under is?????  .... Not offended mate, just never heard that term.

Edited by notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

What I'm doing right now is I'm wondering if when I get better if I will stay quit. I look around this forum and everyone seems so contented and happy they've quit. I wonder why I never feel like that, deep down I never feel like this is it. I try and hang around here to see if everyone's positivity will rub off on me but it doesn't. Have you ever been in a relationship where you know you don't want to be with them anymore but you try. Eventually you just end it - that's how I always feel about my quits ?

Maybe you haven't approached quitting with enough information or taken the information to heart.

Maybe you have only given lip service to understanding addiction.

Maybe you are still into the addict's romance with their drug.  

These things need your focus and attention in order for you to have a successful quit. 

This is worthwhile work.

Immerse yourself in the process, for it is a journey and one of self discovery.

It isn't all unicorns farting rainbows but,

the inner strength and self respect you gain from quitting smoking

gives you resilience and impetus to tackle any other problems and issues you might have or that come along in life.

Maybe you have other issues smoking has concealed that are thwarting your happiness, your contentedness.

You must commit to your quit if you want to quit

and you must commit to yourself and your well-being to find your Joy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same as the good old Boys club, Or mexican Bar,  My interviewers were  Australians, heavy accients and very hard to read their Body and Facial language.  Felt like a total outsided or the only white guy in a mexican bar.

so lets say ZGood old down under boys club

• Like 1

Hey guys maybe Lily is taking her first steps to being quit,  Maybe  she wants to but is scared,  Maybe she's peeking into the windows just to see, evaluate "can I do this". 

Lily most the  above is correct,  you must want to quit, be deteremined to quit.  I no how scary it can be,  all the question one has,  all the insecurities.

it is alot to overcome, you just keep hanging out, reading and listening, check out the video's and writing !   one day sooner than later you are going to shove your quit into Overdrive and leave your addiction far behind you.

Edited by Opah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Linda,   I tend to antisapate to much and let the anxiety build,  I am now really making effort to stress this I still have like 28 days before this gig ends, and ther is unemployment,  I will be OK if not way better off.  

This could be a trial to shake things up for me, keep me from getting stale   A new Adventure.   There you go Lily when you are ready start this new Adventure of being heathier, being able to do the things shortness of breath kept you from doing.   I and everyone here will guararanty  it will be the best decision you'll ever make

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rozuki said:

Off to a local Applebee's to meet up with some work friends (we are all recently retired!)

That sounds like so much fun.  I just did that with my retired work friends.  I am always the designated driver because I'm not much of a drinker.  

Retirement does have it's benefits!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2019 at 5:32 PM, Linda Thomas said:

That sounds like so much fun.  I just did that with my retired work friends.  I am always the designated driver because I'm not much of a drinker.  

Retirement does have it's benefits!

It was fun, Linda! I find Applebee's to be hit or miss when it comes to the food....but that night it was pretty good! I have one glass of cabernet sauvignon or pinot noir as I am not much of a drinker anymore, either! 😎

11 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Reading the crapiest of crappy books so I can help the kid with her frickin English homework.

I did a book club with my grand daughter, when she was young.  We would both read the same book and write each other letters talking about it.  Loved it when she was in elementary school but when she became a teenager, she liked all those vampire books.  Faithful grandma read them all and now I have a treasure trove of fun letters to read from my grand daughter.

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 5

Well it only took a month but we bought a car today to replace my totaled Acadia. Should have never brought hubby though because we ended up buying a nicer car than I was originally looking at lol

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jillar said:

Well it only took a month but we bought a car today to replace my totaled Acadia. Should have never brought hubby though because we ended up buying a nicer car than I was originally looking at lol

VERY NICE!

Red's a bit of a cop magnet tho ..... jus sayin😄

Venom-GT.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Well what did you get.  After all the aggravation, I bet it was fun to buy a new car.

Is it big enough to get all us ladies from the retirement park to all the fun spots?  If not, don't worry.  I have a Sienna Van.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Well what did you get.  After all the aggravation, I bet it was fun to buy a new car.

Is it big enough to get all us ladies from the retirement park to all the fun spots?  If not, don't worry.  I have a Sienna Van.

It's a 2017 Chevy Traverse with 30,000 miles on it. It's a 7 seater so plenty of room for us ladies. And the second row seating is captain chairs just like my Acadia had :)

• Like 3

Off to work....in a sea of black...Emo Melbourne I 💓 you!.... Ballet, meh....but walking along the river bank after 11 at night to the sounds of the day ending and not even thinking me or the kid weren't safe ...yep gotta love my town.

• Like 4