What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Sweating on a bus it's 6:20pm and 37c outside...air-conditioned busted and we are crammed in like sardines...feels likes it's at least 50c in this tin can.

Jo, my heart goes out to you.  I thought this new job you were going to work from home.  I took the bus downtown, when I was younger.  I hated watching the people drift off and turn into bobble heads.  I swore I would never be one.  It only took a week and I was bobbling along with them.  It always amazed me that I woke up at my stop!

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

I thought this new job you were going to work from home. 

So did I....but first I inherited a monumental mess of epic proportions....I need access to manual records because nothing was scanned in...and I have taken on a secondary roll and 2 others in the department have gone part time.....I am very close to quitting and I hate my job...I mean really hate it. Ok it's Friday today...about to get 2 days off which means 2 days of housework.

• Sad 6

The thought of being out of work at 60 terrifies me,  I have had my fill of turning wrench, hanging upside down 35 / 40 feet above the concrete wrenching on some drive.  Seems  everything just got heavier like gravity increase all of a sudden, so happy I am back to not smoking I know it would be next to impossible for me to get hired in California if I smoked let alone at my age.

Having a job that sucks is the worse, it draws the life out of you, there ain't no sunshine. so Here you go Jo

• Like 5

Looking like an early day for me,  investors comiing in to look the DC over, my area is presentable. 

I ate of of the Roach couch and knew better stomach is Jacked up now so  with  my Face to face interview tomorrow

I think I'll get home early, HOT LONG SHOWER, get all cleaned up and masculin  and a Good long nights sleep.

If you all don't hear from me monday then I have a new employeer and I will get back to you all soon, otherwise I'll be here first thing in the morning crying  the blues in my cherrios.

You all be Good, No parties while I'm gone !

unless a good opertunity materializes and then

PARTY HARDY !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Opah said:

Looking like an early day for me,  investors comiing in to look the DC over, my area is presentable. 

I ate of of the Roach couch and knew better stomach is Jacked up now so  with  my Face to face interview tomorrow

I think I'll get home early, HOT LONG SHOWER, get all cleaned up and masculin  and a Good long nights sleep.

If you all don't hear from me monday then I have a new employeer and I will get back to you all soon, otherwise I'll be here first thing in the morning crying  the blues in my cherrios.

You all be Good, No parties while I'm gone !

unless a good opertunity materializes and then

PARTY HARDY !

Well Opah, I am going to be sending good vibes and praying for you.  Don't get discouraged.  My husband is going to be 65 in May.  I can't wait for him to retire.  He is Mr. Fix it and I know he will stay busy being a handyman.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

So did I....but first I inherited a monumental mess of epic proportions....I need access to manual records because nothing was scanned in...and I have taken on a secondary roll and 2 others in the department have gone part time.....I am very close to quitting and I hate my job...I mean really hate it. Ok it's Friday today...about to get 2 days off which means 2 days of housework.

Oh Jo.  Sounds very stressful, which I do not think you need in your life.  I remember those days of working, taking care of family and cleaning.  For Goodness sake the cleaning and wash never went away.  I do hope you take an occasional day for yourself.

• Like 4

Could you try and re negotiate your terms jo? That commute you do is an absolute killer, i couldny do it. Would you have space at home to dump all the records and set up a wee office? 

Life is too short to stay in a job you really hate. Are there any changes you can implement to make it better....or I maybe would look for another job. 

Im sure your boss would be very accommodating if you approached him with a few ideas to make it better for you! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jillar said:

Watching the new season of Naked and Afraid and the gal is eating sticks of butter to fatten up before the challenge! ?

I have to catch up on that and American idol. I watched  leaving Neverland and it was really disturbing. If this is true he was a monster, they gave detailed stories (horrific)

• Like 1

@Whispers Neverland ranch is about a 40 minute drive from me. You could drive up there on any day of the week and there would be cars lining both sides of the one and a half lane road of people trying to get a glimpse of Michael.

3 hours ago, Whispers said:

I have to catch up on that and American idol. I watched  leaving Neverland and it was really disturbing. If this is true he was a monster, they gave detailed stories (horrific)

I haven't watched it but I don't know if I believe it. 

Its amazing how detailed a story people give when there's a lot of money to be made. 

Wading in with my take on the whole MJ thing.... I won't watch because if it is true then it's disgusting but if it's not true it's equally disgusting. So the media is making a mint either exploiting someone's tragedy and horror or they are making a mint destroying someone who can't defend himself....so if we all just turned off and didn't watch the media wouldn't make a brass rahzoo exploiting something horrible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Omg you lived 40 mins from Michael Jackson! You kept that quiet @jillar!! 

I didn't realize it was something to brag about lol. But another fun fact, his trial was right here in my city!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lilly said:

I haven't watched it but I don't know if I believe it. 

Its amazing how detailed a story people give when there's a lot of money to be made. 

Part 2 tonight followed by an hbo oprah special. Twitter blew up after the show. So far these two are telling the world, they have to know the consequences .See what line of questions oprah has. 

57 minutes ago, jillar said:

I didn't realize it was something to brag about lol. But another fun fact, his trial was right here in my city!

Sure its big, you can take a long ride/drive by and the rest have to watch it on tv.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Sure its big, you can take a long ride/drive by and the rest have to watch it on tv.

I've never been a big celebrity chaser, my grandpa was a character actor so maybe that's why. Plus we have a lot of celebrities around these parts. I look at it as that's a great job they have, lucky suckers lol

• Like 1

Luckily, I don't own a telly.

I am just now relaxing with some Cognac.

I cooked all day.

An incredible chicken/veg stock.  It is really good.

A red sauce with peppers, garlic, onions, celery, carrots, eggplant, all roasted and will cook down and get whizzed.

Meatballs (excellent with Asiago, parsley, dried tomatoes soaked in balsamic, shallots etc)

and a Chicken Liver Pate with Cognac.

The pate is what I am bringing to a Mardi Gras party tomorrow.

The Stock gets frozen for my Jazz Festival Legendary Gumbo

Red sauce and meatballs for the week's sustenance.

• Like 6

On 3/4/2019 at 3:34 AM, WeegieWoman said:

I've not watched it yet either, I'm kind of in two minds about whether I want to or not. But I did read BBC will no longer air any MJ sings since the show was aired! 

Omg you lived 40 mins from Michael Jackson! You kept that quiet @jillar!! 

Hopefully they air the oprah special after, uk i saw the 6th and 7th. Very good, oprah was good after and they both got support from the crowd of other celebrities/people who were abused.

16 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Luckily, I don't own a telly.

that's a very small % here in the states without a TV. Now a few ?'s, did you ever own one?  Do you like movies, sports? 

On 3/4/2019 at 12:15 PM, jillar said:

I've never been a big celebrity chaser, my grandpa was a character actor so maybe that's why. Plus we have a lot of celebrities around these parts. I look at it as that's a great job they have, lucky suckers lol

And they get paid well for it...

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 8:55 AM, Whispers said:

Part 2 tonight followed by an hbo oprah special. Twitter blew up after the show. So far these two are telling the world, they have to know the consequences .See what line of questions oprah has. 

I personally think him releasing this song was his admission of guilt even though he was acquitted in 2005. He released this in 2008

I think it is very sad.  He mesmerized young children.  I remembered my son loving him and trying to moonwalk all over the house.  He was very talented but I believe he was very troubled and strange.  

That is a good take on that song Jo.

• Thanks 1

I think you meant Jill....my take on Man in the mirror is more along the lines of that Ghandi quote...be the change you want to see....the world will never be perfect if you aren't yourself, so if we can't fix the big shit if we don't fix ourselves....

• Like 1

I think I'm on my own but I am really not sure any of this is true. 

There are so many aspects that don't add up. I also don't get why they stayed friends with MJ when they were grown men. 

What I really don't like is that someone created a documentary and now the whole world has tarred MJ as a paedophile. Where is there any proof that it's true. There are two sides to every story but this documentary only gave one. 

I didn't care for him but he was agreat artist, singer and showman.  I refuse to be a party to this money grabing assult of a deciesed man and his family.  Weather he did or didn't do what he was accused of is irrelavent now, he has been judged not by us or our courts but by God.

I find this whole thing  horrid and those who partisipate will also have the day to be judged, I forone will not be in that line.

• Like 2