What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

2 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

We need to make a rule that recipes should always be accompanied!

So now I am trying to remember the recipies I was supposed to be posting for people of things I mentioned here that i don't think I have got around to... I tend to post in the recipie section but i know there was something I said I would post there and I know I haven't cos I can't remember what recipe it was i was gunna post.... argh.

31 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Its a British thing... they have it with their fish n chips..... never took off down here... oh we have the fish n chips but not a pea mush to be seen.

I don't know of it being an American thing but as far as I'm concerned they can keep it over there.  

• Haha 2

Jo !!!....Nicky says in a little corner of one of her supermarkets ,they sell some British stuff ...and one of the items is ..Yes !!!....Mushy Peas....

So she does eat them...do you want me to get her to send you some ????......if so pm me ....lol....

Fish and hot chips is nothing without mushy peas.......slapped on a butty.......Ooooo Lovely Dubly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

My husband loves cast iron corn bread.  He has some great recipes.  He will love to make this one.  He is the king of cast iron cooking.   

We are celebrating our Thanksgiving Saturday, which means I still have time to try the Cranberry/Orange Relish.  I have a feeling my son would love that!  Thanks for the recipes.

Ha !  The KING of cast iron !

I only cook in cast iron !  Well, except for sauce pans and stock pots.

But, man....as I age, they aren't getting any lighter....are they !

I would definitely double the recipe and use a 12" skillet.

The Nine incher just isn't enough ( lol)

and didn't make enough corn bread for stuffing.

This is the first time I wrote it down to work out the recipe,  I will take any reviews/improvements.

It came out really dense which is what I wanted for stuffing/dressing

but, a little too dense for a corn bread,  bread thing.

I would love to try any of

"Mister 'cold bum' Thomas's " skillet corn bread.

I do one with a variety of chili peppers and some manchego cheese, yum.

The relish is friggin' amazing.

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Ha !  The KING of cast iron

Here they are - my son and husband cooking in one of his favorite skillets outdoors.  

He has every size cast iron and his cornbread has to have bacon it.

His favorite has bacon and chives in it.

We also have one with sweet potato.  He is like you.  He creates them but doesn't write them down.    We will try and adapt them for you.

I agree with you.  The cast iron is so heavy.  He has one that I love to do a pork roast in but I actually have to have him lift it in and out of the oven!

freds pan 3.jpg

freds pan 2 - Copy.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am having a coffee and some vegemite toast for my arvo tea... cos s'arvo I I went and did me civic duty and voted... and the school across the road had a banging sausage sizzle... so got me a nice snag on the way in and a nice snag on the way out.... love a democratic sausage.... so its a state election... so not the PM or anything... but still compulsory or they fine us but so what the queue was awesome small... I love election day... making plans for the ferrals to go elsewhere so I can watch the polling results on telly...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

I hope you said yes... it would be pretty demoralising to be rejected by yourself.

Well, last time i enjoyed my own company (so to speak), things got a little out of hand and i had to call the police on myself for domestic violence.

There was a restraining order for a while.

But nowadays instead if "netflix and chill" I watch those Navage commercials when I need to get in the mood.

• Haha 7

Staring at the two roast chooks on the bench and trying to use the force to pull them apart for the week... sadly the force is not strong in this one..... then I am also trying to decide what to cook for tea tonight... bacon and chicken pasta OR beef, broccoli and cashew noodles... hmmm its so hard to decide.... just not sure which way to go... both are quick and easy... will just mix the fettuccini dough before work to save time at night.... but need to decide soon cos I might be tired in a minute.

• Like 2