What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

16 minutes ago, WeegieWoman said:

I just got caught hiding from the window cleaner lololol does anyone else do this????  ???

Wish I had a window cleaner.  The one I have (my husband) is ready to be fired and I can't do ladders anymore!

• Haha 3

Playing catch up with all the stuff I missed the past 3 days.... its been busy... so for those not in the know I got a new job... they are working around my medical appointments and health and eventually it will be part working from home but for the first few weeks it will be office bound... because 6 months of backlog and unresolved accounts issues... which means leaving home at 6.30am and getting home between 6 & 7pm... once I get my first pay I can do the credit on the phone thing and come visit during my 4-5 hours of public transport but until then time is limited and with my health I have been pretty tired...because I still have to cook 3 meals a day (2 for the dogs and 1 for the people) plus housework and what not.

3 days in and I've hit the ground running... day 1 I solved an issue for one of my main accounts that had been outstanding since June, day two I found an issue with some transactions and the police have had to be involved.... day 3 I showed my team a trick which halved their work time and made their lives easier ...  so the team is great, friendly and all have similar work ethics... Just waitin on that first pay check.... its been a very tight 5 months.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Jo...

Fantastic news...you will be a asset to the company...well its sounds like you are already...

Don't forget to treat yourself ,out of that first pay check...,you will have earned it ...

Good times ahead...

Drop by whenever you get the chance...your a big part of this Train...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

What's on the menu @catlover? I made my Sunday dins today for tomorrow lentil and bacon soup and cottage pie 

Just had  roast chicken, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, veggies, gravy. Apple pie and custard, cheesecake and ice cream, birthday cake and wine........ spragged out on sofa now feeling stuffed.......

bacon and lentil soup soup sounds nice, how do you make that!

• Like 4

Freaking myself out! My dog decided to throw up on our quilt this morning so I put it in the wash along with the pillow shams and then went to the store. When I got back I went to put them in the dryer and one of the shams had turned itself inside out and I thought all the colors had washed away leaving it a solid white lmao. And no, I'm not a natural blond! ?

• Haha 4

Heat a tiny bit o oil to low heat.

Add two chopped leeks and one chopped carrot. 

Sweat for 10 mins, meanwhile grate 4 carrots and chop packet of cooking bacon.

Add water, ham stock cubes, the cooking bacon and grated carrot to pot. Plus one bowl of red lentils. Salt and pepper. Some chopped parsley. 

Simmer for 20 mins.

Hey presto, delicio 

Jillar and fluffy why are your dogs shittin and puking everywhere ????

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, WeegieWoman said:

Heat a tiny bit o oil to low heat.

Add two chopped leeks and one chopped carrot. 

Sweat for 10 mins, meanwhile grate 4 carrots and chop packet of cooking bacon.

Add water, ham stock cubes, the cooking bacon and grated carrot to pot. Plus one bowl of red lentils. Salt and pepper. Some chopped parsley. 

Simmer for 20 mins.

Hey presto, delicio 

Jillar and fluffy why are your dogs shittin and puking everywhere ????

Cooking bacon...is that normal bacon slices? Ooh I haven’t seen ham stock cubes, will have to look out for those.... thanks for explaining how to make it. I am new to making soup, it’s something I only recently made.

I am getting ready to go out to dinner at an Italian restaurant with my two best friends (we have known each other since before kindergarten!!!) We are trying to get together once a month now....last month we went hiking in NYC and on a jazz cruise around lower Manhattan. We will plan at dinner what we will be doing for December's meetup!

http://www.biggermamas.com/ 

• Like 3

Cooking bacon is a relatively new thing I've come across. It seems to be a packet of the offcuts from gammon joints, bacon etc.  It's very cheap and a great addition to soup. It's the offcuts so need to cut away the fat but plenty of meat there.

Omg you don't get ham stock cubes. Well here you Go, a great idea,If you go on dragons den can I get a percentage ?

• Like 1