What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

I am sitting on my front patio w a nice cold glass of Pinot Noir w ice as the 80 degrees temps and humidity are back! Then I will go and backwash my pool filter, recharge it with fresh diamotaceous earth and scrub the walls of pool. Damn algae! Pool guy coming next week to close it up for winter!! (I hope! He is a surfer dude and not good with scheduling pool closings!)!

image.png.ae8458e79eea52ce2acade481bea7949.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@Rozuki with those temperature's are you sure you want to shut it down already? Sounds like it could still come in handy :) We're still hot over here too. In fact, some of our best weather is our Indian Summers that are here till about the first of November

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@jillar, I haven't been able to go in it all summer due to my CABGx3 surgery earlier in the year...but I like to look at the water and invite others over to enjoy it. The weather around here has been so unpredictable that I need to get on my pool guys schedule cuz he probably wont show up until sometime in October....and we have had hurricanes here then and snowstorms!!! Ugh....

• Like 2

@Linda Thomas it was a meat lovers, so bacon, salami (mild hungarian), left over roast chicken meat, ham, mini meat balls, bbq sauce and 3 layers of cheese.... you will have missed the confession being a newbie but I hate pizza... so for me to actually make one from scratch was a bit impressive. I'd happily invite you over if you were closer.

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

it was a meat lovers, so bacon, salami (mild hungarian), left over roast chicken meat, ham, mini meat balls, bbq sauce and 3 layers of cheese..

My goodness - that was a loaded pizza.  My husband would have loved that one.  I hope your family realizes what a true act of love that was.  I kind of feel that way about making my husband liver and onions.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Parsley said:

I truly am thankful! I am doing this!! After so many failures....this weekend was really really good!

Really starting to enjoy my freedom! Thanks all of you!

Yea Parsley!! That's how quitting is supposed to feel...FREEDOM! Congrats!

5 hours ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Cleaning out my fridge..? 

Ah! I lose my best tupperware that way...I don't even open the lid.

Trash? 

I just wanted to say THANKs for the b-day wishes! I had a great time...my 8yr wedding anniversary was yesterday AND husband and daughter share a bday tomorrow? somethings are just too sweet...

• Like 4

And in other news, I was craving a Klondikes pepperoni and pineapple pizza with white sauce so imagine my surprise when I called to place my order and found out that today they were having a special. They rolled back their prices to 1988! Got a small for $6.00, woohoo!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2