What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

2 hours ago, Frezflops said:

i miss her goofiness.

I am so sorry for your loss.  We have lost four in our lifetime and I miss every magic moment they left with us.  They truly leave footprints on your heart that never go away.  I believe they are all in a special place, happy and playing together.

• Like 2

You have a granddaughter too!  You must be in grandma heaven!  I also have a granddaughter who is in her third year of college.  

Would love to have more.  I have a single son (38) who had a broken heart and does not seem interested.  He would make a wonderful husband and father (like his daddy).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

You have a granddaughter too!  You must be in grandma heaven!  I also have a granddaughter who is in her third year of college.  

Would love to have more.  I have a single son (38) who had a broken heart and does not seem interested.  He would make a wonderful husband and father (like his daddy).

Aww maybe the right one will come along....he's still young, and has time ....when they hurt ..we hurt ....

I won't get anymore either...more spoiling for the ones I have ...

• Like 1

Laying out the fabric and designing a tabard for my Mother of Bride ensemble.

Daughter's 'colours' are rose, gold and a goofy turquoise.  I'm not  playing with the turquoise.

This is silk upholstery fabric with a really nice weight and a powerful but, subtle shimmer in the gold.

I'll be wearing black underneath and will make another Thomas Moore hat with tassels.

Love tassels.  There will be tassels on the tabard ties too.

Traditionally, tabards are worn over your Knightly armor.  Funny that.

856031435_mobtabart001(800x671).jpg.0129b0dc5ef4623688a7aab4dc69bda5.jpg

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 5

Oh @Sazerac the fabric looks great... is right side gold with rose filigree pattern or is it the rose with the gild patterning?

Making tabards reminds me of when the kid did dancing and the end of year production was Alice in Wonderland and I had to make 27 ace of heart tabards in various sizes... and then I had to make baby oyster bonnets and dancing flower hats..... I kinda miss dancing costumes.

Have you got some kickarse boots to finish off the ensemble? 

• Like 1

Hi @notsmokinjo

I've changed my mind about the fabric and decided to wear the tabard I made, antique silk faille I wore at her ordination.

Thomas Moore hat also.  I will find snaps of this.  It is Elegant and nice drapey and I really love it.

I have witchy poo boots of creamy soft leather.

Will post pics.

Dancing costumes are v. fun. I be your's were exceptional !

Now I am researching ways to send a large canvas painting to CT as wedding present.

• Like 2