What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Just now, notsmokinjo said:

Where you at Justan? I thought you were a Northy not a Southy...  We are just about to start the last week of Winter and checked the Melbourne forcast... minus 2 Tuesday night... ??? I think that makes it only the second negative all winter and we had the sun shining bright all weekend... so eccentric is one word for it.

I'm very much at south of everyone, I guess! I live down south in southern South America lol. I know South America usually means beautiful beaches and sunny days, but my town is known for being quite chilly. This week began with blue skies and great weather, everyone was ready to spend the weekend at the park, then by friday we had a rain storm and now it's really cold again. Everyone had to put the short shorts back in the closet and put on their old parkas LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am headed to a seafood / music festival down by the shore for a few hours and then off to the last beach mass of the summer being held in Long Beach, NY! ??️?Then it's off to a local diner, of course! ?

• Like 4

On 8/27/2018 at 12:24 AM, Wee fluffy me said:

Feelin sick.. Karma's gonna bite me on the arse for this...

I've just caught a rat in a snaptrap... ?????

Why won't they just go into my live trap..!!

Don't worry Fluffy... that rat was probably Longshanks in a past life and Karma is just using you as her b1tch to give him some comeuppance, and at the hands of a wee Scottish lass no less, and a fluffy one too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Checkin wot me quit mates are up to while I wait for me dinner to cook. Its cold weather comfort food tonight.... beautiful sunny day but dipping below zero tonight and already a bit chilly... so on the plates tonight, at the request of the kid is Aussi bucco.... nope, not a typo but a complete abomination... (OK so now I;m havin a whinge) but don't get me wrong, I love the kid, despite all the attitude and stress... however I do not like her palate or lack there of.... she doesn't like exotic ingredients, like onion or garlic (but will eat garlic bread)... she doesn't eat veggies, well not without some form of bribery, so Ozzo Bucco is a beautiful dish with meat and veggies and a thick tomato sauce you bake in the oven... but nope, we have to have Aussie Bucco.... meat cooked in the oven with thick disks of onion (cos you can pick them out) and gravy... yep... it is so not osso bucco.... served on a bed of cheesy mash with 12 peas (she will count them).... I'm having my tatties just boiled and lots of peas but really miss grown up food.... So I am missing grown up food.

• Like 2

11:45pm - Just finished doing pool maintenance as it has been too damn hot here the last two days to do anything during the day! The "RealFeel" according to AccuWeather was 105 degrees today!!!! One more day of this heat wave here and temp supposed to drop 15 degrees...??

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Below zero? Wow I'm shocked. I didn't think it got that cold there. Surely that's cold enough for snow? 

I'm just chilling after a busy day.

We have snow fields.... and it snows in some places that aren't mountains... we have even won medals at the Winter Olympics... usually a handful of days where it dips below zero in melbourne but that's it... not usually this late in the winter... I had a thought about it this morning as I washed the ice off the car windows (and the dogs water bowls froze over) that it was only the 3rd morning this year so pretty mild winter. We had 15 and sun during the day but getting down to 3C over night.

Me right now... cooking dinner... well supervising...the kid is doing tea tonight, we are have a selection of culinary delights... garlic bread (even though she doesn't "eat exotic food like garlic"), re-heated use-up (leftovers are use-ups in our house, cos you use them up) soup, party pies and some chicken drumettes. So I am having soup.

• Like 2

Wondering why I even bothered to get out of bed today.  It hasn't been a bad day.  It's just that nothing went as planned.  Hurry up and wait...then wait some more.

Oh well.  Here I sit, dicking around on the internet in the middle of the day.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Rozuki said:

11:45pm - Just finished doing pool maintenance as it has been too damn hot here the last two days to do anything during the day! The "RealFeel" according to AccuWeather was 105 degrees today!!!! One more day of this heat wave here and temp supposed to drop 15 degrees...??

So...you've had a pool this whole time and not one pool party?...

• Haha 3

Worrying about my bubba... so she busses to school an hour away so the bus gets her around 7.40am.... so at 8.30am we get an sms from the school... "Due to factory fire in area please keep your daughters home if they are asthmatic. Also due to chemicals in the air we will not have our heating system operating".... so have been trying to ring the school to see if they want me to come get her and checking the news for updates... smoke is pluming across the whole of melbourne being fanned by 40km/hr winds... fire is contained but out of control... the smoke plume is blowing away from her school... and I can't get them on the phone because obviously every parent who's kid busses to school (and there are 4 buses) will be ringing. So my logical brain tells me she is fine where she is, as long as the wind keeps up in the direction it is blowing even if the expected rain hits it isn't going to impact her school because of the wind... but my mumma brain tells me to ignore my do not drive order from the doctors and to get in the car and drive to her school to get her... so due to road closures and the tail of peak hour the drive is going to be about 2 hours there and 1hour home... OK... will just keep ringing and hope to get through.

• Sad 2

Just got another sms from the school... "Advice from the fire brigade is that their school should not be impacted but heating/aircon system should not be run and students will be kept inside unless moving to other buildings. All asthmatic students are known to teachers and being monitored. If you can come and get them and your house is in a safer area than the school please do but we will be taking every precaution to protect their safety and well being. In the even there is a wind change or the rain affects the level of smoke in our area we will either release students early (busses will run early if this is the case) or go on lock down. Any decision will be made in consultation with the MFB. Please contact the school immediately to advise if your daughter can not get into the house if she leaves early today."

OK... leaving her where she is.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jillar said:

@notsmokinjo, I hope she has her rescue inhaler with her but if not I'm sure the nurses station has one on hand? How about getting her father or half brother to go get her since you're not suppose to drive?

Thanks Jillar. Has to show me her puffer before leaving the house each morning, but the first aid officer has a spare one for her and her spacer if she is really bad. Her dad and deadbeat brother (who at 20 doesn't even have a learners permit) are in Vietnam again until the middle of September... I rang my dad but he is at hydro therapy so usually isn't home until about 2pm (he meets up with some of his siblings/inlaws for hydro and swimming and then they have a cuppa/morning tea/lunch).... Have left a message on one of the little cousin's phones but suspect he is at uni today.

Latest from the school relaxes me a bit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

So...you've had a pool this whole time and not one pool party?...

LOL...Guilty, Jane! 

Actually I have had some people/kids here a few times.....some coming tomorrow, in fact, as we are still in midst of awful heat wave here....so was just out there cleaning up again! Mind you, I cannot even go in pool this summer as I am still recovering from CABGx3 surgery..and I probably shouldn't even be exerting myself over this damn pool....but I take it slow and hope for the best!

If I haven't sold this house by next summer....major pool party for all! ?  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rozuki said:

LOL...Guilty, Jane! 

Actually I have had some people/kids here a few times.....some coming tomorrow, in fact, as we are still in midst of awful heat wave here....so was just out there cleaning up again! Mind you, I cannot even go in pool this summer as I am still recovering from CABGx3 surgery..and I probably shouldn't even be exerting myself over this damn pool....but I take it slow and hope for the best!

If I haven't sold this house by next summer....major pool party for all! ?  

Well, shit, it hot here too Roz!! Let me in! 

? jk

I AM glad that you are well enough to get around! CABG surgery is no joke so please take your time getting back on your feet.

Next year tho....?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Get ready to watch the EJ Whitten Legends Match.... a state of origin match... which sees retired footy players from Victoria take on retired footy players from every other state in a combined team... yep we are just that good all the other states have to combine their fire power to compete against us... Its a fundraiser for prostrate cancer (what Teddy (EJ) died of).... AAMI came on board this year and they are donating $1000 for any torp kicked from outside the 50... torps (torpedos) are a kick that is a specific skill of aussie rules that is dying out because the long game isn't played as much anymore.... there is nothing as beautiful as a torp... most of the players are in there 50s & 40s...

• Like 4

It's so freaking hot here. I'm thinking about packing my toothbrush and a small bag and getting in my pickup and driving north until I can touch snow. BRING ON THE FREEZE!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3