What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

12 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Heading out to the Sat. morning farmer's market to get some fresh veggies & spuds. Love this time of year when you can get freshly grown & picked stuff. Probably do up a nice BBQ tonight and "Pig Out" so to speak :) Going to be the last weekend for awhile where I'll be able to just relax so might as well take advantage of it. Weather's fine too with the humidex hitting around 40C and no rain in the forecast.

40C is not fine... 40C is fricking insane... too bloody hot.

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2018 at 8:58 PM, notsmokinjo said:

40C is not fine... 40C is fricking insane... too bloody hot.

It's way better than -40C ...... That I can tell you from personal experience ?

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

July 27th we had HEAVY rain, weatherman predict 6 out of the next 7 days back then rain. It has rained about 2 hrs total by me since the 27th. I wish i had their job when i could be wrong like that. Sky is looking funky tonight and its been very humid here tho. I love storms and sit outside and watch them

• Like 2

Once a year, if we're lucky, in the summertime we get a quick moving storm with thunder and lightning but we haven't had one this year ?

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Miss living in the NT for the storms... but don't miss not being able to swim at the beaches because of crocs and stingers (box jellyfish)... sorry no storms Jillar, you guys in a drought too? We have parts of QLD & NSW that are coming up to six years without rain.

• Like 1

Yes @notsmokinjo we've been in a drought for years but in 2017 got enough rain that they gave us an extra watering day. So now we can water our lawns on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday if you're odd numbers like we are. Woohoo right?! Lol

If we don't get rain this year though we'll lose that extra day ?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jillar said:

Yes @notsmokinjo we've been in a drought for years but in 2017 got enough rain that they gave us an extra watering day. So now we can water our lawns on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday if you're odd numbers like we are. Woohoo right?! Lol

If we don't get rain this year though we'll lose that extra day ?

Bummer, so no kissing in the rain for you? I will move out west in the near future, Vegas or Arizona are high possibilities (leaning towards vegas)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Whispers why on earth would you leave the poconos?! You know Vegas gets close to and sometimes reaches 120 degrees in the summer?!

The pokes is my summer home, i live  Ny.I have friends who live out there and go there alot, its hot but 80 here high humidity is worse than the dry heat. You get sick of wherever you live, PA(pokes) i'll keep and snowbird it prob.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jillar said:

No state taxes in Vegas so that's nice and you're right about the dry heat being easier to handle than the damn humidity @Whispers!

Alot of advantages for vegas, my friends out there and i have quite a few all retired with city jobs and the no state tax is a big reason why. We call it the Irish lotto here but the NY pensions for city workers at 20 years and out was a smart choice by them. Retied in early 40's and get another job and live comfy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Bounce, bounce, fluffy.....!!!???

Can see a new set of children's books coming on.

Fluffy and Friends

This is Fluffy.

See Fluffy jump.

Bounce Fluffy.

Higher Fluffy, bounce higher.

Fluffy is bloody knackered.

• Haha 2

Drinking cold water and sitting in air conditioned luxury on a break from hacking back the jungle in courtyard.

You must know how much I love my machete.  thwack thwack thwack.

9:30 am  heat index a balmy 97 (36c)

humidity 75%

only 8 more weeks of this.

I love sweat. 

It is nice and slippery

and since I have (mostly) cut out salt after BP fuckedupness,

I can lick my sweaty upper lip like a salt lick.

That is how much I miss salt and also slightly perverse, I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Whispers said:

image.png.9de72863ebb2bc3276fc7e1f9e62f4e9.png

The things you learn on Quit Train...

I didn't know there was a word for it, but I love watching lightning.  Been fascinated with it since I was a little kid.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Boo said:

The things you learn on Quit Train...

I didn't know there was a word for it, but I love watching lightning.  Been fascinated with it since I was a little kid.

A few more cool shots from the local paper   image.thumb.png.09585e54ceb5d73249d58064236b8e7d.pngimage.png.85389e020574c1e4e100263f4f790d2b.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Sslip said:

Can see a new set of children's books coming on.

Fluffy and Friends

This is Fluffy.

See Fluffy jump.

Bounce Fluffy.

Higher Fluffy, bounce higher.

Fluffy is bloody knackered.

Oh.... I have one:

This is Weegie.

See Weegie row.

Pull Weegie.

Faster Weegie, pull faster.

Weegie is a frickin winner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well I am supposed to be cleaning the fridge, because "somebody" (but no one is claiming it) knocked over the beetroot container, and the lid wasn't on properly and there is purple beetroot juice from the top shelf of the fridge to the bottom shelf, over every frickin thing and it happened some time in the night... I'm on a break... once I deal with this I need to deal with whatever food experiment is all over the stove top from the boys last night... So cleaning, I am cleaning.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5